• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hothatch

[engine_work] 1989 (restoration) Project Black And Yellow Fast Road

hothatch

so the big work has started! thengines sorted apart from my reangled manifold and a gearbox and the car is up on stands ready to rock !!!

heres a pic of the car when i got her down to the garage.

post-15742-1276546427_thumb.jpg

hothatch

i cracked on with some work saturday night while the mrs was out sloshing it up and i had some MORE peace and quiet !!

i removed all the suspension along with the subframe, shes got one brand new bottom arm and the other is fine, one new track rod end the others shagged along with the drop links which are also shagged so new will be fitted. im a bit confused with what to do with the inner steering joints as they have a VERY SLIGHT play which is nothing basicly not even a mil but can feel that little bit is this normal? are they starting to wear? if they are starting to wear i will probaly change them as its all apart and so much easier.

i removed the master cylinder in order for a new resivour and MC to be fitted. i sorted some of the bodys wiring out and just led it across the windscreen in an organised mess lol. The subframes going up at work for a good steam off and a lick of paint before refitting, also the bay is going to be painted before i start reassembling everything.

next step is the pedal box and servo removal, im going to be using a be3 gearbox and this was a be1, will a new be3 cable fit the be1 pedal? i will look into this.

anyway! as it stands below! :)

post-15742-1276547098_thumb.jpg

hothatch

ive got plenty of room in the garage to work the only thing im missing is a good work bench , but im still in my oils as i can really crack on with the work now. when i got time that is !!!

post-15742-1276547413_thumb.jpg

hothatch

another pic

post-15742-1276547725_thumb.jpg

hothatch

absolutley gutted i didnt finish this !! i sold the car as a kit to a boy near me and he made a mess of it , it was terrible.

Anyway Reggie my mate whos got an MOT bay on my ind estate has bought it now an sorted it all right out, corrected all the mistakes by the boy i sold it to and has fitted some trick parts so im glad sheve ended up in good hands !! :D

I payed a deposite on another now as im going to start another project, i might aswell use this thread as well so watch this space lol. cant wait :P

cheers

omega

I've seen a few projects on here that have just been abandond, I'm not sure of the circumstances but I intend on finishing this thread just as I've started it.

just found this and enjoyed the read until the last page oh dear

all that hard work

good luck with the next one

bit of useless infomation

noticed that you joined on the forum on my birthday.

Edited by omega

Daviewonder

Welcome back :)