• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stee 1FM

Up Dating And Modifying Your 205

maturin23

This thread is SACRILEDGE!

"I'd like to add 200kg of sound deadening and miscellaneous electrical items please"

You bunch of bummers should sell your 205s and buy a bloody Volvo if you want overweight and comfortable :lol:

happygoron
This is a cool thread with some good ideas. I must admit as much as a love the rawness of the 205, i'd really like heated seats, i just have a heated seat fetish.

Just wet yourself. Same effect.

maturin23

or wear a plastic carrier bag instead of undies and dose up on sprouts and beans...

taylorspug

"I'd like to add 200kg of sound deadening and miscellaneous electrical items please"

You bunch of bummers should sell your 205s and buy a bloody Volvo if you want overweight and comfortable :lol:

:lol:

I was thinking along the same lines with some of the parts being mentioned. Speed sensitive bits? Bugger that!

Edited by taylorspug

kyepan

In the back of my mind i was thinking much the same thing.

ALEX

I was thinking about this thread as I drove to work this morning.

The snow on my windscreen was just too heavy for the wipers to push it off, so I gave it a helping hand, cleared the drivers side first and that side wiper moved but the passanger side stayed still. I must have stressed the linkage or something as I drove to work with one wiper moving faster than the other almost hitting each other at times.

It's embarassing as stuff like this always usually shows me up infont of my mates or family, and I have to answer to questions like "why don't you buy a modern car"

So I'd love to have all the modern electrics found in new cars even if it meant sacrificing a bit of weight.

Do you remember the Top Gear episode with the E Type Jag that had the same idea!

Edited by ALEX

McDude

Not sure if this belongs in this thread - but one of the best mods I've done is to remove the tilt mechanism on the driver's side, essentially making it a 5 Door seat rail, but more importantly giving vital headroom which is a bit limited on a 205.

I used a 309 seatbelt clasp because lowering the rail meant that the 205 one fouled with the plastic around the handbrake.

Daviewonder

Anyone know if the tilt mechanism from the 306 fits the 205 seats as most of the 205 ones are in a pretty bad state.

weejimmy

the 306 ones are worse, they have a tendency to fly back at random times.

jdb1964

You bunch of bummers should sell your 205s and buy a bloody Volvo if you want overweight and comfortable ;)

I'm overwieght and comfortable :)

J

Oberon

Get yourself an STDT, you can have remote c/l, a buzzer to tell you that your gonna flatten your battery, lady make up mirrored visors and heated mirrors as standard. Not forgetting a seventy's inspired beige interior, Oh yeah.

One mod I'm in the middle of at the moment though is getting it to move forwards and backwards via combustion. ;)

Nice thread.

acox99

The auto fan on a 306 with air con?

Myself, I'm sticking with oe+ mods like faster wiper motor, intermittent rear wipe etc.

GLPoomobile

You bunch of bummers should sell your 205s and buy a bloody Volvo if you want overweight and comfortable smile.gif

It's funny seeing this topic revived and the first post I see on the page is Ian's. Because I now drive a Volvo and haven't been in a 205 for 3 years!

• Like 1

cRaig

I'm currently planning electric actuator operated (From BMW 3 series coupe) attached to 309 rear window cables, controlled by an OE switch in the cubby tray infront of the gearstick which holds the CTi electric roof switch, will update with pictures soon.

and a trip computer replacing the OE clock :)

sg8y.th.jpg

hs28.th.jpg

acox99

That's very cool, what functions will the trip computer have?

It's a great thread and well worth reviving. Was an interesting read!

GLPoomobile

I'm currently planning electric actuator operated (From BMW 3 series coupe) attached to 309 rear window cables, controlled by an OE switch in the cubby tray infront of the gearstick which holds the CTi electric roof switch, will update with pictures soon.

and a trip computer replacing the OE clock :)

sg8y.th.jpg

hs28.th.jpg

I think Cybernck needs to make a new forum status just for you - Head Tart :P

• Like 1

cRaig

What can I say. I like pointless modifications :D

That's very cool, what functions will the trip computer have?

It's a great thread and well worth reviving. Was an interesting read!

The trip computer does inside,outside temp, instant and average mpg, speed, distance till tank empty, battery voltage, service reminder, basically most/all the features of a modern OE system. There is a bit more about it on my project thread :)

welshpug

will it have distance till fuel surge too? :P

DanteICE

In the back of my mind i was thinking much the same thing.

Says the one who added a good few kg's of sound proofing! :ph34r:

EnglishRob

One thing I will be attempting (somehow) is putting in a couple of USB ports for the kids. With both my kids having phones and only one cigarette lighter socket in the front) I'm finding we're fighting over who gets to charge their phones (and the kids are glued to their phones). Having just a powered USB socket on each side of the car in the back would be nice. I'm wondering if maybe I can put something in place of the ashtrays in the back (which will no doubt just get full of sweet wrappers and chewing gum).

Got some great ideas on this thread, I'm certainly going to be looking at my tailgate tomorrow to see if it has the holes for a third break light (it's a 1992 K reg, so who knows, it has the headlight buzzer).

Rob