• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stee 1FM

Up Dating And Modifying Your 205

madspikes
i've got one of the ding ding things when you leave the headlights on, is the 3rd brake light really easy to do? ive been rear ended before and i didn't enjoy it

Yes, its very simple. The hardest part was routing the wires through the boot lid!

I've fitted early 309 heated mirrors, that are the same shape as the 205 ones.

I thought the 309 mirrors were a different shape to the 205 GTi mirrors?

Mad.

weejimmy

what about a cable shift from a 406, ive done that, very smooth and precise.

auto lights that come on when it gets dark.

can you get a heated rear screen thats clear like the front screens? all those tiny wires in them you cant see, just so it clears all the screen.

and the quick heat system thats in 306 hdi etc. basicly 4 glow plugs in the coolent so it heats up faster in the mornings to de frost windows.

Super Josh
I thought the 309 mirrors were a different shape to the 205 GTi mirrors?

The phase 2 309 mirrors are the different shaped ones. The phase 1 are identical. :)

The high-level brake light is really straight forward if you have the later tailgate with the mounting holes. Otherwise you need to be a bit more creative or go for an aftermarket brake light that adheres to the glass.

Than as Mad says, it's just a case of feeding the wires through to the rear light cluster to take a feed.

Josh

Rippthrough

You're 205's are going to end up weighing 2 tonnes :)

kyepan

Heated front windscreen

Power steering

Space saver wheel

bluetooth handsfree

Miles

The dial numbers where only there is the Guages where replacement more often than not, Most Euro spec car's had the numbers but I guess the majority of UK market didn;t know what they meant anyway

brumster
One from my hyundai that should be a legal requirement in all cars - the rear fog light switch releases when the ignition is turned off - so does the HRW

Even better, a 30mph speed limiter when the rear fog light is engaged :) should be an EU standard, I reckon!

Rob Thomson

And how about something connected to the front fogs that fires a pitch-fork into the driver whenever they're switched on?

richsmells
I have a late model tailgate with the mounting holes and have fitted a late model 205 high-level brake light.

What models was this fitted on? Don't think i've ever seen one.

Pugleyrich

I like some of these ideas, but as I don't use my 205 every day I don't need to put things in it that are too modern (like bluetooth headsets etc). I do have in car entertainment though, a Sega Game Gear!

mr_exe

Done a few that have been suggested like the 405 window switches, high level brake light (not worked out how do to do it on the CJ yet) and fitted a bluetooth kit (not going to bother with the CJ). Being a '92 model it has a lights on warning buzzer.

I would like the variable intermittant wipe so I presume I need the stalk from a Phase 1 405 estate and transplant the 309 Gti remote quarter light openers.

In addition I have fitted the 405 interior light timer than puts the interior light off and on when locked and unlocked and a delay when the door is closed, plus a rear interior light. Also fitted an interior light on the board that the amplifier is mounted to which can be turned off it the hatch is left open for a while.

swordfish210

How about some speed sensitive parts.

Speed sensitive wipers, so the gap between the intermettant wipers gets shorter as the speed increases.

Speed sensitive stereo so it gets louder as the speed increases.

Speed sensitive PAS so the wheel gets easier to turn as the speed increases, I bet with this one you could set it so the power is allmost off at speed so it wouldnt numb the feel at high speed during those backlane blasts.

Matt Holley

Speed sensitive stereo so it gets louder as the speed increases.

Our clio v6 had that, felt very weird to start with, good idea though.

welshpug

405 estates do not have variable speed intermittent wipe, only the saloons which do not have a rear wiper, like I commented earlier in the thread :wub:

Mark, speed sensitive stuff sounds cool, I remember a mates Mk4 golf having that and wondering why I couldn't hear myself think the faster he drove :lol:

Rain-x and high speed = no wipers req :ph34r:

Miles

I;ve got the interior light delay and switching on and off with the remote C/L as std, Along the Lit Vanity Mirror's and heated exterior mirrors

one-lady-owner

Another vote for rain-x and no wipers!! Mine go off after about 45mph! In relation to the speed sensitive volume, there are aftermarket headunits which do this anyway, I know my old pioneer from my old 106 had it, it was very very good, meant I didn't deafen myself everytime I came off a motorway cruise, unlike now (I'm sure my hearing will start to suffer one of these days!)

In reply to the original question, the only thing I wouldn't say no to in order to modernize the 205 is better sound-deadening. If you wanted all the modern comforts, buy a modern car! Keep the 205 how it should be, irritating beyond belief (sometimes!!), old and rattly, but a smile-inducer every time!

EDIT: In relation to dial numbers, mine has them, from the factory, could be due to that fact it's a later car than most!

Edited by one-lady-owner

Daviewonder

Yeah I'd love to sort out all the rattles on mine but it just seems too bigger job :wub:

mr_exe
405 estates do not have variable speed intermittent wipe, only the saloons which do not have a rear wiper, like I commented earlier in the thread :wub:

On a points scoring exercise are we???

yeti-dj

a friend of mine did a conversion on the steering and used an electric steering column from a Corsa, build his own adjustable circuit board, when you were sitting still the steering was light but once on the move you could turn the assistant right down to nothing if you wanted, worked very well on the rally car but you couldnt have the normal steering covering in place but shows it can be done i guess..

welshpug

what's that supposed to mean?

swordfish210

Methinks someones a bit jealous.

weejimmy

headlight bulb in the reverse light . or somthing a bit brighter so you can see more, that anoys me, i think i have a candle in there or somthing

GeorgeXS

Speed sensitive PAS so the wheel gets easier to turn as the speed increases, I bet with this one you could set it so the power is allmost off at speed so it wouldnt numb the feel at high speed during those backlane blasts.

Magic on here was doing that on his CTI T16, i think the power steering turned itself off at 60km/h, tis a cracking idea

damien

on the 207 if you have your wipers on and you put the car in reverse the rear wiper turns on by its self.

ive got hid's which are great, also got led side lights which match the hid's.

did have a clio rear wiper but i didnt like it so i changed back to the oe one.

would like heated mirrors/seats/windscreen and improving the boot light, maybe fitting one on the other side of the boot and rigging it to a push button switch

Richie

This is a cool thread with some good ideas. I must admit as much as a love the rawness of the 205, i'd really like heated seats, i just have a heated seat fetish.