• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stee 1FM

Up Dating And Modifying Your 205

tagy

If you are not going for 1-touch windows you can just fit the standard switches from a 405 as these are illuminated. (same with 605 switches they are nice and curved also)

Also BX dials, although my previous 205 had numbers on all the gauges so Peugeot must of made 205 dials with all the numbers at some point? (maybe for other countries)

Edited by tagy

Rob Thomson

One thing that pisses me off with mine which hasn't already been mentioned is the way the radio loses power when you switch the ignition from P1 to P2 or vice versa. Trusty Mondeo doesn't do it so I'm sure it could be fixed with a different relay or bit of rewiring.

dynacord

has anyone tried switching the rear window wiper with one from clio 1?

http://img.netcarshow.com/Renault-Clio_1.7...allpaper_02.jpg

it looks kinda more fashion :lol:

about the intermittent relay, i guess they can be found on any 306 ( or golf)

i was thinking for a LED light phase 2 backlights :P (don't know if this will be way too modern)

or maybe these http://www.nicedeals.co.uk/images/205-rear...-bl-89-sl-a.gif ?

MerlinGTI
I think you have to be careful though the 205 is (IMO) a "proper" gti. Its the lack of air con, airbags, ABS, power steering, heated leather seats that I love. Its old school and thats the best thing about it.

Thanks. John

Completely agree :P Windy windows, no powersteering no gadgets at all really in mine and thats how its staying :lol:

Cameron

Bah.. no pleasing the purists is there. :lol:

12V socket in the boot has to be one of the best ideas here. I still haven't got over the one in my Mondeo. :P

Henry Yorke
If you are not going for 1-touch windows you can just fit the standard switches from a 405 as these are illuminated.

Ir just put a little 12v bolb across the top of the standard switch as I think that is the only difference, though not 100% sure the top is transparent

Also BX dials, although my previous 205 had numbers on all the gauges so Peugeot must of made 205 dials with all the numbers at some point? (maybe for other countries)

I have marks on my gauges from a European model.

Stee, with that black switch hole on your dash you can fit the electric heated seats button (Stufarri has done this on his). I am thinking of doing this for my CTI as it will make a hell of a difference when cold. Before I have fitted a 405 front foglight switch in there and had the driving lights as either driving lights or fog lights when the side lights are on. It made a lot of difference when really foggy.

Mk1 clio rear wiper arm is a lot neater on the back and is an old school mod.

309s had power mirrors as has been said.

406 Coupes have auto dim rear mirrors.

Short 306 aerial modernises the top of the roof as I have on my skip

I have thought of putting side lights in the top of the front indicators too to match the headlight or even in the driving lights for that 44ft wagon look!

Rear headrests are an easy fit.

Lumbar support from an Mi16 seat would be a nice addition.

Remote boot realease is dead easy and run it off an electric windo switch in the roof console. Would be nice with some powerful gas struts on the boot so it pops up like a Merc.

BX Cigarette lights have a green surround too.

I have a headlight adjuster panel for a 205 too in the garage.

I guess you already have the lights on warning buzzer that was standard on later cars

GLPoomobile
not done this but would like to be able to give a 'quick flash' of the main beem at junctions to other drivers to give way etc. without blinding them having to pull the stalk twice. Not good trying to be nice and ending upsetting them because they can no longer see anything.

The 205 already has this as standard :P You just pull the stalk and release it before it clicks.

daveo

mine doesn't?? it only clicks on when the dips are on, otherwise it works lol

yeti-dj

to get your window switchs to light up....

open up your switch and you will see 2 metal contacts, simply solder a wheat of grain bulb into here and job done, or open up some 405 switches and they have neat little orange holders for the bulbs and saves any soldering. Maplins does the bulbs at about 3p each... :P

Rob Thomson
The 205 already has this as standard :P You just pull the stalk and release it before it clicks.

Mine doesn't do that, you can pull it as slowly as you like but main beam only comes on as/after it clicks. I've driven a few and never noticed any that behave differently.

I've thought of something else... a subtle high-level brake light. Mine's getting one of these ASAP.

GLPoomobile

Well all of mine have worked Rob, so nah! :P Maybe you've just got big fat sausage fingers :lol:

happygoron
I've thought of something else... a subtle high-level brake light. Mine's getting one of these ASAP.

This.

Been planning this for ages (since that spate of rear endings last year). Shouldn't be too bad to do as I think later 205s had them fitted. Think you'll need a late tailgate or a drill to fit them though. Shirley the wiring wouldn't be too tricky.

Rob Thomson
Well all of mine have worked Rob, so nah! :P Maybe you've just got big fat sausage fingers :lol:

Funny you should say that. I've always had big hands - in proportion to my 6'7" I guess - but a recent development is the loss of my knuckles beneath a layer of podge. My brother came to visit a couple of months ago; I opened the front door and the first thing he said was, "f***, you've got fat hands!". Nice.

HERMAN

Add a cooling fan overide switch and relay. I used a fog lamp switch and removed fog lamp symbol with some wet and dry and just made an extra hole in the switch bezel.

I also plan on powering my twin cooling fans with the same system that the 306 uses so that on low speed both fans run in paralle at half speed.

Footwell lights are a nice touch to and a under bonnet light for those brake downs :rolleyes:.

A maglite on a terry clip in the glovebox.

steve@cornwall

One from my hyundai that should be a legal requirement in all cars - the rear fog light switch releases when the ignition is turned off - so does the HRW

Daviewonder
One from my hyundai that should be a legal requirement in all cars - the rear fog light switch releases when the ignition is turned off - so does the HRW

Im sure my 106 does both of these?

Cameron

My Mondeo does this when you turn the headlights off. :rolleyes:

Once upon a time I was going to fit some Ford stalks to mine, but I don't really have anywhere to fit the separate headlight switch.

Edited by Cameron

Henry Yorke

Really good idea as when chasing a 306 GTI 6 at night on a Peak Run I was fine but I nearly ran into the back of a 205 numerous times. This might be a touch tricky on a CTI though! I may have to do what Renault did with the Clio and just mount it on the boot sick0021.gif

Daviewonder

Just get a universal fog light and bolt it on the boot :rolleyes:

madspikes
This.

Been planning this for ages (since that spate of rear endings last year). Shouldn't be too bad to do as I think later 205s had them fitted. Think you'll need a late tailgate or a drill to fit them though. Shirley the wiring wouldn't be too tricky.

I fitted a 306 3rd brake light... straight fit onto my later style boot. See link for pictures.

My build thread

Richie

I want one of those things that goes "ding ding ding ding" when you open your doors with the headlights on.

I dont know why, but it makes me feel good. :rolleyes:

Super Josh

My dials came from a 309 and have the numbers on all of the dials

I have a late model tailgate with the mounting holes and have fitted a late model 205 high-level brake light.

I've also fitted an extra boot light on the drivers side, with LED bulbs in both locations.

I've also fitted heated seats.

I've also fitted A/C and have a little mod in the pipeline to turn it into a climate control system.

I've fitted 605 window switches that are a much nicer shape than the 205 ones.

I've fitted early 309 heated mirrors, that are the same shape as the 205 ones.

I've fitted rain-sensitive wipers.

Probably some more mods, but can't think of any right now :rolleyes:

Josh

jackherer
Probably some more mods, but can't think of any right now :)

I seem to recall you getting a heated front screen from me?

How have you got rain sensitive wipers working? I thought that would need a sensor in the windscreen.

davey205

i've got one of the ding ding things when you leave the headlights on, is the 3rd brake light really easy to do? ive been rear ended before and i didn't enjoy it

Edited by davey205

Super Josh
I seem to recall you getting a heated front screen from me?

How have you got rain sensitive wipers working? I thought that would need a sensor in the windscreen.

Hi Kieran. Yes I did get a heated screen from you. But like a fool it broke on the journey to the screen fitters :)

The rain senstive wipers are a Hella 'Raintronic' kit. With a sensor that fits to the inside of the windscreen, behind the rear view mirror.

Josh