• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

arwel

[rally_prep] Road Rally 205 Gti

arwel

It was a fair shunt, didnt realise it at the time until we got back to service. Abi isn't the misses Allye, she's just a very brave individual who chooses to sit with me, im currently "in-between" a misses lol.

Anyway, here is SS4 for you guys. Interesting moment at the start after a little too much of a cut.

Wallby

2 great videos there, how many f**cks per second was that in the 2nd vid??!!

arwel

ha ha ha ha.. I have no idea but it must be some kind of record. I was convinced that we were heading for the marshalls building.

arwel

So after the slight argument with the tyre wall in Pembrey, work has began to make Pugsley look his best again. Still a lot to do but it'll get there soon enough.

brokenpugsley_zpsea279795.jpg

brokenpugsley2_zps818a205f.jpg

notsobrokenpugsley_zpsf6287512.jpg

Jolly Green Monster

Was about to say I have a door and a wing I would be happy to donate to this worthy cause, but you have them already..

Good luck next outting

Simon

• Like 1

arwel

Thanks Simon, thats very kind of you. Given my track record, I may be in touch in the future lol

• Like 2

Jolly Green Monster

Thanks Simon, thats very kind of you. Given my track record, I may be in touch in the future lol

pmsl :)

arwel

More work done tonight. Really starting to take shape now. Even straightened out an old battle scar.

Pug1_zps20d0f2e3.jpg

pug2_zps8831c301.jpg

pug3_zps88f641fd.jpg

pug4_zps247890d3.jpg

pug5_zps9292c6e8.jpg

• Like 1

cybernck

Something I've just asked someone else as well - is that a pattern wing and how did you find its fit?

arwel

It is a pattern part and in all fairness it fits pretty well. The lines are pretty good and the only adjustment that is needed is at the bottom by the sill.

arwel

More done tonight. All filler work has been done and its now in primer. Hopefully we should get first layer of paint on it tomorrow evening if we can get enough heat in the garage.

20140226_201842_zps3d9f8c64.jpg

20140226_201932_zpsc9050ebd.jpg

20140226_202025_zps92de9a4b.jpg

arwel

Did another good shift on the car last night and managed to get it all painted and lacured. Got the garage nice and warm first and apart from one or 2 little reactions which were dealt with, it all went pretty well.

Im leaving it untill Saturday now to cut it back and buff it all up and then put the whole thing back together.

20140227_210957_zps68b7260b.jpg

20140227_210934_zps34276560.jpg

luggy

Hi Arwel is that an air gun jobbie or rattle can? Tidy job!

Edited by luggy

arwel

All been done with rattle cans. It's not come out too bad in all fairness. Its only a make shift job as the plan is to have a full respray in the summer. More pics coming soon

arwel

Spent a few hours today cutting it back and polishing it up and made a start at putting it back together. Hopefully by tomorrow evening it will be all done and finished.

painted1_zps36b5bb61.jpg

painted2_zps6848eb24.jpg

painted3_zps65a4e01a.jpg

frontend_zpsba8ac62f.jpg

Jolly Green Monster

Doesnt look bad at all

arwel

All back together and left the garage earlier on. A few little details left to sort out but nothing major. A little test in the week and we'll be ready for the Tour of Epynt

fixed_zps930aa156.jpg

• Like 1

arwel

So after a long 2 weeks of prep and paint and then tweaking and cleaning, little Pugsley is all ready for the Tour of Epynt on Sunday. Off to Llandovery tomorrow for recce and then scruteneering. Car 103 we are which is near the back but Im not bothered by that. Our aim is to simply finish and take a good haul of points for the Welsh championship. Tour of Caerwent is only 2 weeks away so hopefully no drama and the car will still look like it does now at the end of the rally.

shineyagain_zps327b00ee.jpg

arwel

Recce went well today, made a few alterations to the notes and tried a few different lines to see what felt best. Looking forward to tomorrow. Hoping for a good clean run and come away with a good haul of points.

arwel

Tour of Epynt all done and dusted. Finished 55th overall and 1st in class. It finally all came together today, no drama, no problems just neat and tidy all day and a great result.

Fantastic run event, even though we lost 3 stages due to a few nasty accidents, Port Talbot Motor Club did a fantastic job of keeping things going.

We head to Caerwent in 2 weeks time leading the class in the Welsh Championship and we'll look to extend that lead.

• Like 2

luggy

Good result!, any onboard footage to come?

arwel

Cheers guys, in car from SS1 is currently uploading.

Anthony

Excellent result - well done! :)

arwel

SS1 from Epynt. Beat 5 4WD turbo cars on this one so we didnt do to badly at all.

and a quick pair of shots

epyntjump_zps14d9d92e.jpg

epynttriangle_zps501371b6.jpg