• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
allye

[car_upgrade] Project Pug, 205 Rallye (my First Project!)

allye

You may need to relieve the casings to get it clear.

I've already trimmed it back with the grinder a bit, theres plently more meat that can be taken off though if I do get clearence issues.

allye

Who did your powder coating I know a great guy over in Sells Green.

MDN on Beckhampton straight out of Devizes, bit pikey but did a bloody good job.

You got the details of the guy in Sells Green? Thought MDN were the only ones locally.

EdCherry

This guy set up about a year ago, worked for Dymag for 25 odd years powder coating!

His name is Stever Turner @ T P C S (Thats the company name) - http://tpcs-magnesium-refurbs.co.uk/

Edited by EdCherry

GeorgeXS

That guy above's work looks sh*t hot!

EdCherry

Looks good mate!

Yer Steve is the tit's hes done so much work for big names. Every time I pop over there its just full of awesomeness!

GeorgeXS

Second last wheel on this page Click me!!

Looks awfully like a 205 T16 wheel to me! Says its 16inch though, is that right, I thought they were metric sized for some odd reason.

GeorgeXS

In fact answered my own question, it is an Evo 2 T16 wheel, Evo 1's didn't have the bracing to the rim, and different holes!

1984_peugeot_205_t16_02_m.jpg

allye

If you didn't know already its really bloody very cold, didn't stop me though!

IMG_20120201_141004.jpg

One of the first things I did was put the linkages on and select 6th gear :blush::lol:

Did a couple fo bits but my finger were close to falling off so I came home. Just a mock up, cam covers are on though.

IMG_20120201_141301.jpg

Do the rest at the week end.

dave205

Finally got round to fitting the oil pressure adaptor I've had for ages and the sender I got a couple days ago, Quick question regarding that, do I use the 306 oil pressure warning switch or the the 205 one which was on the adaptor when I bought it?

IMG_20120131_150927.jpg

Where did you buy the adaptor and sender gauge?

welshpug

miles at pugracing stocks them :)

allye

miles at pugracing stocks them :)

Your a man that will know this WP, do I use the 306 or 205 oil pressure switch on the end of the adaptor?

welshpug

either, same thread :) (M16x1.50)

allye

either, same thread :) (M16x1.50)

I'll stick with the 306 one then as its got the correct plug on it for the loom.

Daviewonder

Where did you buy the adaptor and sender gauge?

Probably the same place you were told the other day.

dave205

Probably the same place you were told the other day.

I didnt realise he did the senders aswell thought he just did the adaptor piece

allye

I didnt realise he did the senders aswell thought he just did the adaptor piece

Intermotor do them, so a good motor factor will do them for ~£40. Some one asked a couple days ago if you search!

Or put up a wanted thread and get one for £10 like I did.

Edited by allye

allye

Got another 2hrs on it today before it started snowing and I came home <_< I've got 4 weejs to get it back together so I'm in no rush to freeze to work on it :lol:

IMG_20120204_123634.jpg

Got the drive shafts back in, the drivers side was being a right pig to get in to the point where I took the speedo drive housing off to see what was up. Turned iut that my brand new speedo drive cog was just really tight on the shaft so after I had slipped it on once or twice then put it back together it went in fine. As I put the shafts back in I could put the wheels back on and see how much steering lock I don't have :rolleyes: I don't think its too bad, will only be able to tell just how bad it is when it running I guess.

IMG_20120204_134110.jpg

IMG_20120204_134058.jpg

Also thanks to Admins for moving this into Restoration, overhauls and upgrades :)

Edited by allye

allye

Weather is stopping me getting on with this <_< Just buying some bits and bobs instead.

The idea and ethos of the car has always been to keep it standard(ish) looking on the outside and keeping a full interior. However, much like the gearbox I've always had a itch for buckets, whilst doing some searching on here I even came across a old thread I started and had forgotten about a while ago! So when I saw Daza was selling his old buckets and was very local, the bucket seat itch got scratched :lol: Having never so much as sat in a bucket seat I went over to Daza's had a little sit in them and was happy so picked them up tonight.

IMG_20120210_184939.jpg

Nothing special, just a really tidy set of Forza's. I'm not worried about loosing the back seats as I realised all of last summer I only had some one in the back once. Now, being generously size in the height department at 6'5' I am well prepared that on the sliders these are going to be too high so I'm quite aware I may have to make some subframes and bolt them in place to lower them a tad. Of course I'll be keeping the GTI seats as they are in good nic and I may not get on with the buckets.

With my old water/cooling system the engine like to get a little warm in traffic to the point of turning the heater on, in the height of summer is not cool (excuse the pun) I had a 2nd had GTI radiator lowered to fit the 6' manifold and TD fan set up however only the high speed was working. Tonight I picked up a nice nissens radiator and slim line fan from Matt Holley (cheers mate!) So hopefully this will cure it, I'm now also using one of Tom Fentons lovely radiator relocation brackets. I'm now also considering a oil cooler on a thermostat.

Edited by allye
  • Like 1

allye

So indeed the original Corbeau sub frames were too tall for me. So yesturday I got myself down to the local steel dealers and got some 6mmx30mm steel to make some subframes and bolt the buckets in place. So they are super solid in position and ~2inches lower than the Corbeau frames, esentially no higher than side mounted seats. This is basically how I did it. (I've todied the steel up a fair bit after that picture)

IMG_20120217_144622.jpg

I've given them a quick going over with some black paint so they don't look bad at all.

Summed up the motivation to get under the car and do the fiddly down pipe today and got the car back on its wheels. I was hoping to get it running by today but the buckets took all day yesturday and weather has haulted progress for today. Will have it up and running next week with some more/actually interesting updates :lol:

Edited by allye

welshpug

I would highly recommend lifting the carpet and checking the state of the original mounts, they are known to crack, your new ones make the originals look positively weedy!

allye

Don't worry, I've had the carpet out a couple times and the floor is spotless and rot free. Much like the rest of the car :P

3.jpg

welshpug

ahh good old base models, never ragged :P