• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jrod

Uh Oh...

Galifrey
Ive been using that Halfords 5w50 'motorsport' oil in my '6 lump. Seems to take near on the complete 5 litres with my Mocal. Its stood up to the abuse well too, always high rev punishment and a ring trip, not bad for £25 with a trade card. Christ knows whats actually in it other than run of the mill oil, but as i say, its lasting better than 10w40 does.

If its this, I am taking your words as a recommendation.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...tegoryId_165581

Looks pretty good to me, good range, and with the extra sheer strength of a full synth.

AND a good price!

Edited by Porsche911r101

Jose
Seeing as I've entered Oxford autosolo in this car on the 11th I've decided to pull my finger out and try and sort it apap!

You ready for Sunday? Ill be there in my 306 :D

taylorspug

Ive used a couple of those Motaquip filters from Pug now and didnt like them. Ive reverted back to the Pug ones now. Seems all the dealers are trying to push them through now.

Porsche- Yeah ive not had a problem with it in mine, and as many will testify my engine still sounds immaculate and quiet the whole way through the rev range. :D

Galifrey
Porsche- Yeah ive not had a problem with it in mine, and as many will testify my engine still sounds immaculate and quiet the whole way through the rev range. :D

Yeah I love your flyby video :lol:

taylorspug

Ok so maybe its not that kind of quiet! :lol::D

But mechanical quiet- yes it is! In all honesty the oil and filter get dropped every 4-5k so i dont think the quality is a problem as such, but that Halfords stuff does seem to cope with the higher oil temps that the '6 lumps are prone to.

Jrod
You ready for Sunday? Ill be there in my 306 :)

Pretty much, just the oil change to do!

Ive used a couple of those Motaquip filters from Pug now and didnt like them. Ive reverted back to the Pug ones now. Seems all the dealers are trying to push them through now.

Hmm Well I will see if they have any gen ones in stock, if not then I might wait.

welshpug

try Citroen....

Galifrey
Ok so maybe its not that kind of quiet! :(:)

Well, I have yet to see an engine oil capable of muffling a set of TB's, I got your point, I was loving the noises it did make!

Jrod

Got one from Pug, not sure If I'm going to have time to do it today though as I've some birthday shopping to do (part is tonight so can't put it off any longer! :lol: )

Jrod

Well things got alot worse today. Lots of oil surge, loads if rattling and pouring out blue smoke. I've had no luck with this car and am so pissed off/ gutted it's unreal.

EdCherry

Sorry to hear about the s*it luck your having, maybe its trying to tell you something... 8 valves are where its at!

Edited by EdCherry

Jrod

It's pointless me going 8 valves I think as I'll just get bored quickly and end up selling the car.

Just going to try and get hold of another engine and swap it. Then take the current one to bits in my own time and see whats gone wrong.

welshpug

could convert to solid tappets :(

no idea how much that costs on an Mi16 though!

Jrod

I think its a bit late for that, also don't think thats what caused it. no idea what would cause rattles and blue smoke but I'm sure its not good!