• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DrSarty

[project] Sarty Evo II - Phase 2 Of Project Sarty

marksorrento205

Very nice Rich :) Bet your chuffed to say the least. Looking forward to seeing it for real at some point!

maxi

To break 200ponies at the wheels is really going some, Rich, you wanna be proud! I made 202@the wheels @ 8000RPM (241BHP@ fly and 181Ibft torque). I have had a manifold made since and am awaiting mapping (feels more mental than before- 600cc Bikes used to get a suprise!) so maybe it will unlock some power. Just wish I hadnt spent a huge amount of money and just went for a lower spec s16 instead to make the same power.

Well done on getting it done mate.

Maxi

rubyna

Well done Rich, it must be awesome in the cockpit! Dare i say my perfect 205. Loving the front valance aswell looks the nuts and serves a purpose.. I bet man is over the moon..

Luke..

jimistdt

Sounds immense Rich, I swear it does an impression of Chewbacca at 11 - 13 Secs on the video. Bloody good show :ph34r:

welshpug

bring on the trumpets!

danpug

Great result, nice and discreet looks-wise as well.

oli-pug

Great stuff Rich, I've never posted a comment on your thread/s but have followed your progress. The engine sounds absolutely sweet, I want!

GLPoomobile

I could have sworn you said at one point that you were having a partial cage in it, but I can't see any sign of one in the pics. Change of heart, or am I just imagining it?

DrSarty
am I just imagining it?

Yes. I think there was a hint of a partial cage at some point in the dark and distant, but not now. There is strengthening in the shell and subframe, but not any additional passenger compartment work.

Leccy windows were binned too, although central locking kept. And the boot works! :o:huh:

Mad Scientist

Nice work Rich. Fills me with confidence for Sandy mapping mine, despite the long distance.

Can't believe you seem to have binned the rear washer though..........................and then you go and put a silly wubsoofer in the thing!

:huh:

Sandy

Sounds really nice from the front; I'm LoL-ing at my maximum concentration mode :huh:

DrSarty

I'd like to see (and hear) some video from outside, but I found this on my memory stick earlier. Someone must have borrowed my car today and had a little play. :D

Click

All Praise The GTI

well that looks fairly quick :D

GLPoomobile

Is that the video I did last year? :D

We can get some vids of it when you stop by, if you want.

DrSarty
Is that the video I did last year? :D

No. Today, allegedly. :D

We shall hoon Steven.

GLPoomobile

That makes sense. I couldn't remember taking it up that high and my video was well wonky :D

Call me.

RHULPUG

I've just watched that vid side by side with one of my 205 GTi6 up to just over a tonne. Yours seems to be about 10mph ahead at each time sequence, then from about 100/105 yours seems to just carry on whereby mine starts to run out of steam in comparison.

What gearbox are you using?

AJA_GTi
I'd like to see (and hear) some video from outside, but I found this on my memory stick earlier. Someone must have borrowed my car today and had a little play. :angry:

Click

That seems to pull quite well for a standard engine :ph34r:

Galifrey

Epic car Rich, you must be well chuffed.

Wish I could get mine to start right now :huh:

hman205
Epic car Rich, you must be well chuffed.

Wish I could get mine to start right now :huh:

Whats up with it Mark do you want me to pop over and take a look?

Galifrey
Whats up with it Mark do you want me to pop over and take a look?

Am in Street now mate :huh:

DrSarty

I run just a standard 1.9 'box, which I believe due to the final drive means my acceleration is handicapped somewhat. I do a lot of motorway miles so opted for the longer gearing which means I've made a compromise. I do have a plate diff though and can corner much, much better now. 70 in second is good though.

welshpug

can always just drop a cog, if you feel the need :lol:

SebRad

Just watched the "acceleration" video and it's, umm, "quite quick!" :(

The way it blasts from 70 to 90 is shocking, I'd guess it's both brilliant and scary to drive.

The black wheels give it a nice stealth look too, ideal for surprising owners of "fast" cars :)

I spent hours and hours the other day reading through this whole thread and this is an amazing project with a superb result.

Inspiring and a real credit to you.

Quick question, with that much power/torque would a shorter ratio 'box really make it any quicker or just impossible to get power down in 1st and probably 2nd?

I would have thought if you wanted more GT and less GTI it would handle longer ratios for more relaxed motorway work. Guess it's down to the individual and what you want to do with your car and how you want to do it.

Regards, Seb