• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SteveW

[trackday_prep] 205 Gti-6 Trackcar Project

SteveW
nice one

Cheers old bean, when you going to update your little thread?

Spiky

umm, not much to update really :D ...lol

SteveW

C5 steelies fitted and gave her its first wash for months, allmost ready for donnington now

DSC00079.jpg

DSC00082.jpg

DSC00081.jpg

DSC00080.jpg

DSC00084.jpg

Spiky

awesome,

shame the mold has gone though :blush:, though if you miss it, i have some on my front bumper now...lol

cant wait to here it at donny ;)

oli-pug

Looks great steve, who's mapping the ecu?

Spiky

it's mapped, it has a map done by sandy brown :)

SteveW

Looks great steve, who's mapping the ecu?

As spiky said, its all his old set up ;) He still hasnt updated his build thread with what he's doing with his pug

SteveW

I usually end up with Spiky's parts when he changes them, also have his old 1.6 be1 and 8 of his C5 steelies :)

oli-pug

Ahh I thought Spiky had been a bit quiet about his car lately! :lol:

james28

wow this car looked completely differant from the first page it looks great might have to invest in some of those c5 steelies myself for mine i take it they are a straight fit with the bigger brakes?

Spiky

Gti6 brakes fit behind fine :)

SteveW

bought a few more bits for the pug recently, got an auto bonnet and a quaife diff, asked a few local bodyshops about painting the bonnet but dicided to try out vinyl wrap in 3d carbon fiber effect, was a bit awkward to do and still have some tiny bubbles but i think it looks good, what you think?

003.jpg

004.jpg

DSC00099.jpg

DSC00100.jpg

• Like 1

welshpug

looks ok from here :)

which stuff was it though, there's not many out there and the stuff that works and lasts well is not cheap at all, the 3M stuff that most seem to have used so far is only intended for indoor use, Oracal do a 5 year outdoor version which costs significantly more and is easier to apply.

Spiky

looks awesome :)

SteveW

which stuff was it though, there's not many out there and the stuff that works and lasts well is not cheap at all, the 3M stuff that most seem to have used so far is only intended for indoor use, Oracal do a 5 year outdoor version which costs significantly more and is easier to apply.

Cheap stuff probably but has a nice finnish on it, see how it lasts. the car is trackday only now and not road legal, garaged so it shouldnt weather to quickly. A mate had a focus rs500, that didnt look very good tbh and the roof looked like it had a green tint to it, he's sold it now but i dont see it weathering to well, the car was brand new from ford

Edited by SteveW

testamias

Proper track car.

:rolleyes:

Daviewonder

Looks really smart! How do you go about fitting it? Would any sign place be able to supply it?

omega

plus 1

Spiky

Think he bought it off eBay

SteveW

Looks really smart! How do you go about fitting it? Would any sign place be able to supply it?

Yep bought off ebay, £25 delivered for an sheet 1.2m by 1.5m. to be honest fount it a pain to fit but worth the headache. practise would make perfect i think

SteveW

Had another 5 hours in the garage yesterday, finally sorted the dragging brakes, they have never beed quite right since the car was put back together but now a second hand servo has been fitted (thanks tracktoy & spiky) i have a nice feel on the pedal and it returns instantly. Crunchy BE1 mi-16 box gone, rebuilt BE3 1.9 box with mi final drive and quaife ATB diff fitted :) . also got fitted the bottom engine mount uprated bush, lots more vibration can be felt in the car now but the old bush was pretty shot. Happy chappie now and i think the car is just as i want it so no more mods planned, roll on snetterton the end of this month, i cant wait now :) :) :)

Spiky

glad ya brakes are sorted now, will have more confidence now :)

that is going to be quick accelerating now :)

be interesting to see how much

no more mods? pmsl

you not been in mine yet ;)

SteveW

glad ya brakes are sorted now, will have more confidence now :)

that is going to be quick accelerating now :)

be interesting to see how much

no more mods? pmsl

you not been in mine yet ;)

pleased now :) no more mods nope................well not until you sell that supercharger hehe. I only upgrade when you upgrade and i have your old bits ;)

McCann

just read from start to finish, great build! if i was you i would be running without a grill and putting those jenveys on show :lol:

SteveW

just read from start to finish, great build! if i was you i would be running without a grill and putting those jenveys on show :lol:

Cheers for reading it all, had great fun building it, its a great laugh on track. "Jenveys", thats an insult to my colin Satchell bodies ;)

can loose the grill no problem as now its only held in position with 2 cable ties

Edited by SteveW