• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

[engine_work] Project 205 8v To Gti6

djinuk

put my slam panel on yesterday, which revealed a very slight clearance issue, i think this is most due to the fact i retrained teh standard engine mounts rather than leaning it back more like many people.. what i find is that my ran touches my inlet manifold by about 1mm.. I can space the couling out with a couple of washers which removed the problem, however as the grill locates onto the rad cowling this may cause that to sit out slightly, I will have a think how best to tackle it, i could probably grind a small amount away from the inlet however im not sure how much material there is there.

you can see the issue though to whole, however spacing it out (using my finger here sorts the problem)

IMG_0071.jpg

clearance elsewhere with my modified slam panel is good.

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

gaz832

excellant work, i need to do this with mine,. what paint did u use on the manifold . did u have the wing off also to fix the snapped bonnet hinge as mine is snapped aswell. ? great project

djinuk

on the manifold i just used a plasticcote paint, it wasnt the best but again not to bad for hand held.. As for the snapped bolt, nope i left the wing on buddy, can just get in :ph34r:

rallyejames

nice car mate looks really good with that engine. good job!

djinuk

thanks for the comments,

little update , dave richard came down to help me with the welding,

managed to get inner seat rails welded in, just gota do the outside ones now

IMG_0149.jpg

also whilst at it he fitted me a phase 2 rear light conversion

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

trying to covince him to loose his rear bumper and eghaust

IMG_0159.jpg

djinuk

carried on but then the welder ran outa gas.. grrr

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

djinuk

few updates,

bolted in the seats, also attacked some rust spots under neath with por 15, will stone chip the whole boot floor and also the ares which were welded for seat mountings.

IMG_0677.jpg

IMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0675.jpg

IMG_0674.jpg

IMG_0673.jpg

also my mate popped by and i had to get a pic as i love his e30

IMG_0671.jpg

djinuk

speant some more time on the car.

Ive preped the inside and if my spray gun decides to work will be painting it tomorrow possibly, also i seam sealed the ares where the new roof was welded on, also tiger sealed the floor holes in.

IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

modified the 205 bonnet to accept rams aswell, never did like the original bonnet stays as they fall to bits.

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

Stolton

good looking project fella, i would love to run a gti6 engine in mine at some point but when is another matter lol. the e30 beemer looks awesome btw! keep up the good work :)

djinuk

well , one compressor died, my air reg died, and my decent paint gun died.. however...

I managed to make the inside of the car white which is the main thing!.

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0768.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

djinuk

update, dash is now in , and a few other bits, also finally managed to get the rear of the cage bolted in once and for all aswell as painted to a finish im happy with although once the diagonal in it may be having some welding carried out to add a horizontal harness bar.

IMG_0857.jpg

IMG_0856.jpg

Will Eastman

Hey great build, engine looks great now you've painted it all. Could you share abit more info on which hoses you used. Am wanting to put a gti6 in mine but tight budget and dont want to splurge on a set of bbm hoses cheers.

• Like 1

cybernck

Good job! What's the plan for the suspension and brakes?

pawel

Hello, excellent project! I have now XU9JAZ and I will start change engine XU10J4RS and I have questions about conecting rpm meter.

Edited by pawel