• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

[engine_work] Project 205 8v To Gti6

djinuk

Well ive been on these boards a while now, using them simply for advice and sometimes helping others , and i must say they are the most usefull/active boards i have used. Anyway around a year ago i saved a poor 205 which had been sat in a field for a number of years, after putting a good running 1.9 8v in aswell as full magnex, solid engine mounts, fully samco'd,avo coilovers and a rebuild rear beam , and virtually everything else in between, ive decided to take the plunge and look into doing the gti6 engine conversion as i managed to come across one from a friend with around 80k at a decent price.

Here are a few pics of the car which will recieve the treatment, please forgive the laryness etc of the car, im to young at the moment being only 20 to stick 100% standard so i do play with colors etc,

Picture199.jpg

cloeleft.jpg

cloeleft.jpg

SP_A0148.jpg

djinuk

Now i went upto day to see the engine, and decided to bring part of the loom home to begin getting to grips with it all.

The large peice of loom

19072007376.jpg

huge block which i am guessing bolts through the bulk head into the interior loom, not sure what happens to this on the 205 conversions.

19072007376.jpg

lots more plugs

20072007378.jpg

repair work needed here, guessing somebody slipped with a grinder, no worries there

20072007379.jpg

any idea what this goes to

20072007381.jpg

lots more urmm blocks

20072007382.jpg

and what im guessing is the power sorce for the gti6 loom, guessing this goes from the battery to the starter, then onto the rest of the loom

20072007383.jpg

and then these two plugs, which i believe are going to be the ones which are chopped and the rest of the 205 loom mates into.

20072007380.jpg

Now i will look into this lot more when i get chance, but if anybody wishes to enlighten me on what i have photographed there, both more my benefit and for other whom may wish to use this project for information should they wish to perform this transplant.

Anyway that is the start to the project, please do enjoy :)

Oakley

Love the orange wheels in the top picturee :)

Fox

Looks good, I'm doing the same conversion currently, not looking forward to the wiring.

Had to laugh at the lass in the car, reminds me of my girlfriend, "If your not coming inside, I'm coming out to help" (Then gets bored almost straight away!)

djinuk

yep, :) id love to say shes mapping the car, however its actually sims shes sat on, thanks for the compliment on the wheels, my friend owns a spray shop so whenever we get board i spray somthing :)

mechanicalrepairs

Just done mine and it went ok no real tramas.

The plug you are holding and asking what it is for is the plug for the double function relay, sat behind the battery box on the gti6

Carl C.G.Cars

Peetypug

Even though i haven't even finished mine yet your more than welcome to ask me anything about what i've done.

djinuk

ah brill, if anybody has a photo of this relay i would be most great full, the lad has a full gti6 in bits in his garage, in boxes, so you see its a case of me fishing the parts i need out, and that relay will be one of them things. Cheers for that pete, i will be giving you a call at some point soon.

kate205gti

yay another white 6 :) looks good :)

Peetypug

these are some of the pics i got sent

loom

th_labledloom.jpg

wiring diagram for an mi16 (i think)

th_multiplugrevamp.jpg

306 loom wire codes (some need filling in)

th_wires-1.jpg

spikys cooling plan

th_gti6cooling.jpg

my cooling plan

th_306cooling.jpg

some of them may help you

others may not

Fox

Tastic Pete!

jtek

Good to see another GTI-6 thread starting up, I am in a similar position myself at the moment!

djinuk

thanks for them pics pete, will help me out lots, just out of interest, is there a loom wrapped around the engine, which also has the ecu plug on it, and does that connect onto this loom i alreay have through a 8 pin roung multi plug.

Peetypug
thanks for them pics pete, will help me out lots, just out of interest, is there a loom wrapped around the engine, which also has the ecu plug on it, and does that connect onto this loom i alreay have through a 8 pin roung multi plug.

on the gti6 engine the whole loom and ecu plug is in the engine bay, it should be all one piece

get some pics of your full loom on here (so all the plugs are in one picture)

also, i never used the fuse box that you have and i dont think anybody else has either

Edited by sorrentopete

djinuk

hmm, ok well ive taken a few pictures, .. I have got the rest of the loom yet but take a look and see what you think folks, im hoping to bring everything to light and photograph as much as i can, for me, and also for future ref on anybody else doing the gti6 conversion.

best pic i could get of the full loom

21072007384.jpg

strange block, which i am told bolts to the bulk head, where the 2nd half which contains the interior loom also bolts onto

21072007385.jpg

lots of color full connectors bundled together

21072007386.jpg

now the strange bit, i have 1x 19 pin plug, and 2x8 pin multiplugs which are situatated all right next to the double relay plug 21072007387.jpg

welshpug

2nd and 3rd pic you dont use those parts at all, 4th pic, most of the wires required are int eh larger pin, one of the smaller ones is for the cooling fans, and the remaining has a few sensor wires IIRC.

djinuk

where abouts does this part of the loom actually plug into the section which is wrapped around the engine and the ecu plug then if you dont mind me asking :unsure:

djinuk

well today, i grabbed myself one of these as i think its going to be needed.

25072007388.jpg

Also got the lamda sensor ill be needing (bosch) as i swear by them.

25072007392.jpg

And the great gti6 manifold

25072007389.jpg

25072007390.jpg

25072007391.jpg

I also managed to get a speedo drive plastic thingy, with a 3 pin electronic connection, and the facility to take the speedo drive cable.

I removed it from a 306 xsi (ma gearbox i believe) however the shafts and cogs were slightly diffrent, but i swapped them straight over, no problems.

M@tt

excellent

another step closer :)

Peetypug

are those my beers in the pick with the lambda :)

thats the best way, collect all your bits then go from there :D

CaptainK

You are going to love the 205 with the GTi6 engine in it. I have one as well, though I didn't do the conversion myself. Fantastic cars when they are running and can be a little scary to drive. :)

djinuk

not really done much over xmas, but got delivery of my new engine crane, and tested the loading capacity by getting ben to hang off it.

29072007393.jpg

djinuk

well , i got the engine today, the lad also gave me fuel lines, lots of heatshrink etc, more interior loom, engine loom is still attached on it, and a few other bits and bobs, only thing im still waiting on is the engine mounts.

djinuk

ok update, i now have some pics of the engine, also i wrapped it up until i need to look at putting it in.

P9260491.jpg

P9260494.jpg

djinuk

well ive got a couple of extra bits,

Loom for the rev counter on the gti6 off spiky

13092007432.jpg

And a adapter to fit the therostat housing off my 8v onto the gti6 from stew @ bm baker

13092007433.jpg

13092007434.jpg