• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DamirGTI

[body_work] Floor...

cybernck

so... when are you available for booking? :wacko:

Tom Fenton

Hats off to you Damir, a good job done, most people who talk about rust on 205's don't really know the meaning of serious corrosion.

DamirGTI
so... when are you available for booking? B)

.. well that depends :wacko:

(on how much you're willing to pay for the job :lol:)

Damir

DamirGTI
Hats off to you Damir, a good job done, most people who talk about rust on 205's don't really know the meaning of serious corrosion.

So true Tom B) , this was nightmare of a job :wacko: must admit , was the hardes thing/repair which i ever did on a car so far :lol: .. but still was very good practice for future projects :) did learn a lot of stuff during this repair which i didn't know before !

Thanks for positive comment !

Damir B)

tracktoy

talk about 'in at the deep end' lol

just having the perseverance to follow this through is a feat in itself, well done

tracktoy
It remindes me of This :wacko:

i think that guy is relatede to Leepu from chop shop :lol:

DaveW

Damir your amazing! ive never seem such a rusty 205 (i did'nt know they could rust this bad?!) but also goes to show what shoddy botch jobs people can do to hide repairs/rust.

Alfie
Thanks ! well , must admit - i'm a little bit sick and tired with this constant grinding/welding/cutting dirty odd jobs :lol: but it'll soon be over ;) just a few bits to sort out then painting job and will be on the road again .. i can't wait to sit back , start up the "rusty rocket" in the Sunday morning and run away up to the hills B)

Damir

Damir, mate, Peugeot should be proud of you. Show them your work. Man! you are entitled to some payback! You MUST ,quite possibly, own what was THE worst 205 EVER!!! Demand a bloody refund or at least, a credit note. :lol:

Jrod

Looks like a Ford 205 to me.

DamirGTI
Damir, mate, Peugeot should be proud of you. Show them your work. Man! you are entitled to some payback! You MUST ,quite possibly, own what was THE worst 205 EVER!!! Demand a bloody refund or at least, a credit note. B)

Well , me thinks that the people from Peugeot office will give me an kick in the ar**e rather than a money refund :lol: or simple - "off you go , on your bike" reply :lol:

However i would really like to know what in the name of God has happened with this car during the years , who did the "repairing job" (bodge might be the right word) after the crash and what the previous owners did with him (there's 6 of them in the car booklet .. and looks like the car was imported in Croatia in the early 90-s form Austria or Germany , as it's had first Croatian registration in the year 1993 .. might be even stolen i dunno , it has "police" chassis numbers stamped on top of the RH strut top ;) )

Damir B)

EDIT : .. it reminds me a bit on this one :lol: : http://www.peugeotdimma.nl/forum/viewtopic...d0893dbc5f2ef0e

Edited by DamirGTI

DamirGTI
Looks like a Ford 205 to me.

Got any pics of the rusty Fords :lol: ? or where can i see some proper Ford bodywork projects ?

Damir :lol:

tracktoy
Got any pics of the rusty Fords :lol: ? or where can i see some proper Ford bodywork projects ?

Damir B)

i'm sure they wont be too hard to find :lol::lol:;)B)

omega
It reminds me a bit on this one :) : http://www.peugeotdimma.nl/forum/viewtopic...d0893dbc5f2ef0e

:o That one should definately be off to Peugeot heaven!

I like the way the Dimma kit has come pre-assembled and factory 'faded'

You could almost just bolt/bond it on over the rust and sell the car on :D:lol:

wish i could read this

aCe

That makes me wonder how its got that rusty to start with, i have had 5 205's and not one has had issues with rust.

My fords on the other hand! lol

SurGie

Top job there, the B piller/sill area is very good!

Have you got this car on the road yet?

DamirGTI

... just few more days :lol:

I'll post some pics tonight :D

Damir :blink:

DamirGTI

Ok. the car is fixed , i've been driving it for a few days although it still need few "cosmetic" bits to sort out ... so , will make some complete car pics afterwards , as it needs a good un washing up and polish job :rolleyes:

Until then here's a few pics from my project database which i didn't post on time :

Did some more welding on the firewall inner wing area (both sides) :

IMG_9697.jpg

Wheel arches , cleaned , resprayed with red celly paint and filled with few coats of rubber and bitumen based underseal (as well as the entire car underside , but sorry i couldn't make a good picture of the underside because the lack of space !) :

IMG_9733.jpg

IMG_9735.jpg

IMG_9740.jpg

IMG_9838.jpg

IMG_9807.jpg

IMG_9836.jpg

DamirGTI

.."strawberry" joint :rolleyes: :

IMG_9814.jpg

IMG_9813.jpg

IMG_9811.jpg

Fitted a pair of side skirts (mainly because of repair on the RH side sill to "mask up" the details) , anyway they're two piece item and to be honest i quite like the shape :

IMG_9819.jpg

IMG_9833.jpg

IMG_9834.jpg

IMG_9841.jpg

Resprayed the boot floor :

IMG_9890.jpg

Edited by DamirGTI

DamirGTI

Prepared the floor for fitting the interior (absorption material , carpet , seats and dash .. will take the pics of the complete interior afterwards) .. the white stuff one the floor is wax ... :

IMG_9864.jpg

IMG_9865.jpg

IMG_9870.jpg

IMG_9875.jpg

Prepared my bumper (i have the OE one as well but , unfortunately , it's crashed so i must use this one ..)

IMG_9895.jpg

IMG_9916.jpg

IMG_9903.jpg

and finally - some fresh air after 6 months of exhaustive work !! :

IMG_9909.jpg

IMG_9915.jpg

Damir :rolleyes:

Edited by DamirGTI

Roman

hat off to you again :lol: hope you come to Pula 4 may i like to see this masterpiece in flesh :rolleyes:

omega

well inpressed with all the work you have done on this.was having a bit of a argument with a mate today about welding and he says that you should not replace a ribbed floor with flat steel as it will lose strengh.i told him he was talking rubbish but he said that car makers would not rib a floor as flat would be cheeper to make,so maybe he has a point?

flipperthebushkangaroo

looks brilliant mate, i feel unworthy as I'm struggling with a clutch change!!!

top job

DamirGTI
hat off to you again B) hope you come to Pula 4 may i like to see this masterpiece in flesh :D

Yes i'll be there :) .. if nothing , at least for one day as im crap with the money - potless will try to rip my dad's pocket over a night while he's sleeping :lol:

Damir B)