• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
rossi

Gti6 Lacking Spark

rossi

Thanks matt, you're a star!

gti-si

Spikyu, sorry to hijack this thread, but the big earth that you've got coming through the bulkhead...where does that go?

Spiky

rossi, i might be picking up tomorrow, if matt's home, :D

Spiky
Spikyu, sorry to hijack this thread, but the big earth that you've got coming through the bulkhead...where does that go?

i didn't really to send it though, as it;s only and earth, but i will just mount it on the body near the ECU somewhere

one thing this car needs a new earths and they shocking...lol

rossi

The mi16 box has your name written all over it lol! Thanks again

Spiky

sweeeeeeeeeeet :D

Edited by Spiky

Matt Holley
rossi, i might be picking up tomorrow, if matt's home, :D

I have pm'd you my number, I will be home or not far away most of the day :rolleyes:

I have just dug the loom out and I also still have the tdc plug that was cut off, I forgot I did it, but I even labled the loom plugs before I took it off the engine :blink:

Spiky

ok little update from the weekend

quite a few wires been removed from the car now ...lol :D

loom not finished, hence some cable just together, but most are solder and heatshrunk :wub:

and it's a LOT bette under the dash now B)

DSC05304.jpg

DSC05303.jpg

DSC05305.jpg

DSC05306.jpg

DSC05307.jpg

rossi

It's crazy how you got it looking like it is! Even if it stil isn't running. That b*****d mechanic told me that the system would require a radio for the car's circuit to be complete, is that a load of bullmuck? It got nicked ages ago during the whole conversion, along with the fuel off some scallys.

Oh and matt, thanks a LOT for that loom (Y) :D

Edited by rossi

gti-si

Rossi, I think the simple solution may be a case of the mechanic isn't a mechanic?! He's talking rubbish. Seems he didn't understand in the slightest what needed to be done. The engine management loom and the car loom are entirly seperate, they even come out of different holes! You don't need to touch the car electrics during the conversion.

Spiky, Just like to add to what Rossi said, looks like you've done a marvellous job getting rid of those nightmare wires, I know its usually quite simple to remove the old engine management but not in that case, it was butchered!

Edited by gti-si

Spiky
It's crazy how you got it looking like it is! Even if it stil isn't running. That b*****d mechanic told me that the system would require a radio for the car's circuit to be complete, is that a load of bullmuck? It got nicked ages ago during the whole conversion, along with the fuel off some scallys.

a radio??? unsure what ya mean..lol

i hoping it just needs petrol and will start..lol

yeah, your under dash looks much better now and once i tidy'd up the cables under the bonnet it will look complete, bar some TLC B)

Spiky
Rossi, I think the simple solution may be a case of the mechanic isn't a mechanic?! He's talking rubbish. Seems he didn't understand in the slightest what needed to be done. The engine management loom and the car loom are entirly seperate, they even come out of different holes! You don't need to touch the car electrics during the conversion.

Spiky, Just like to add to what Rossi said, looks like you've done a marvellous job getting rid of those nightmare wires, I know its usually quite simple to remove the old engine management but not in that case, it was butchered!

tottally agree on the fast part dude B)

even i'm not a mechanic, but he must have been blind

and thanks for the second part :D

rossi
bar some TLC :D

ie, CV boot and fuel pipes? hehe

Matt Holley

No probs, glad I could help B)

Spiky

WELL FOOKING HELL

decieded to have a night on the car and get it running at all costs :D

so

put my ecu on, NOTHING

put my internia switch NOTHING

fuel have it's own battery..lol NOTHING and still sounds weird :)

my double realy NOTHING

took spark plug out to check spark..HAS SPARK

so final thing was to check fuel in the rail

SO.

took the return off, was resting the return on the bonnet stay (as no fuel will come out of here)

then put a pipe ont he return of the fuel rail

and what do YOU think happened ?????

welshpug

fuel came out of the return? if it does and it starts then there's probably a squashed pipe underneath the car?

Spiky

it dont start thats the thing :(

it DID come out the pipe that i took off the return :) and not the rail, so somewhere the pipes must be swapped :D

but, amazingly thats a good guess, B)

so went under neath to put exhaust back on and look where it much be swapped

and here's what i found :(

so the rear brakes are FOOKED, well at least the drivers rear is

the fuel pipe is kinked, and somewhere it's be swapped over(unless the pump is send fuel up the reserve?)

DSC05308.jpg

DSC05309-1.jpg

DSC05310-1.jpg

DSC05311-1.jpg

DSC05312-1.jpg

DSC05313.jpg

Peetypug

somebody needs to go round and see this so called "mechanic" :D

Spiky

Rossi, you must be the most unluckyiest person i know,

if it wasn't for bad luck you'd have no luck at all :D

so this must have happened when they took it off the trailer, as the mrs confirmed they rolled i off front wards, which is why the exhaust was ripped off, taking this lot with it :)

gti-si

Christ, that is some serious bad luck right there. You going to be able to sort it? I'd just cut that section an join it with some fuel hose and see if it starts with a good fuel feed? Or with it coming out of the return does that mean it should be able to inject?

Spiky

i did just that, as i had a small length of fuel pipe, i just come in now.

it's RUNNING, first turn of the key :D

Matt Holley

Well done spiky :D

Peetypug

well done mate. Fancy coming up to stoke to do mine :D. Where did you get you label making tool from? Think i might invest in one

Spiky
well done mate. Fancy coming up to stoke to do mine :). Where did you get you label making tool from? Think i might invest in one

whats up with yours??

its just use a dymo printer, then i use clear heat shrink to cover it :D

Peetypug

nothing wrong at all. Just dreading doing the wiring! I'm gona start it this weekend hopefully. I take it its best to do the looms with the engine out?

Sign in to follow this