• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AdamVester

[body_work] Project Matt Black.

M_R_205
no need im getting new ones :)

Thats good, as said a million times its the details that make it lol

NeilGTi85

I honestly thought it would not work out.....but you've got me...

Would like to see it with the body back on etc...and some new wheel's and wiper's etc..

Well impressed,

Neil

AdamVester

im considering getting the wheels done in a matt white color what you think? i need to find a sandblaster around worcester / gloster/ area as i would be doing this myself also i like a good challenge.

Rob Turbo

I think I've just found out how to sort the scratches and dings on the 306 :)

pete1986

Looks great, not sure about the matt white wheels though. New bumpers wouldnt go a miss as well, they're a bit faded... or are you doing them in matt black as well?

matt-k

Looks Good, Im not picking fault but doesnt it look more grey than black? Plus im interested in how you can protect matt paint without making it shiny and how well the look lasts after a few washes?? Good job though.

Matt.

AdamVester
Looks Good, Im not picking fault but doesnt it look more grey than black? Plus im interested in how you can protect matt paint without making it shiny and how well the look lasts after a few washes?? Good job though.

Matt.

thats just what matt black looks like lol... the color looks lighter in the photo than it is though. as for protecting the paint its waterproof as it is.. and if i wanted to i can get some spechal lacquer for it but i dont see the point as the paint i used is ment for outdoor metal beams, posts fences etc etc... its proper hevy duty stuff i wouldnt be supprised if it was more protective than the original paint its definatly better at protecting the car from rust!!!

d-9
Looks Good, Im not picking fault but doesnt it look more grey than black?

if its Celly it'll probably darken up as the thinner evaporates.

tom_m

Matt.

that is just how matt looks mostly, satin may give a slightly nicer finish, but i don't think that's why its been done :)

looks mint tho, well done adam!

chownr

I think it looks great.

Well done for taking the chance and having a go. Could this be the start of a few more Matt 205s?

Rich

hodgy

looks good, mines getting done in a weeks time! but ive got a lil more work to do but hopefully it will look as good as yours

AdamVester

hodgy the pics above are of a RUFF paint job its by no means perfect and its only 1 coat so i am sure yours will look ace :) i just got my bumper paint today should start on monday and finish late tusday night if all goes well ;)

hodgy

i only use my car on a weekend so im going for the rat look so that colour would be fine for mine.

AdamVester
i only use my car on a weekend so im going for the rat look so that colour would be fine for mine.

yeah the color looks really nice reminds me of the old blackboards at school its exacly the same color as them :) when it gets wet the paint goes jet black. Would love to see a 205 in satin black though i think that would look nice.. trouble is i herd the paints not to hard waring and cracks under heat and being black it will attract heat!!!

Paintguy

Looks great! Good luck with keeping it clean though.

By the sound of it you may be starting an epidemic of matt black 205's :rolleyes: Just be aware that the finish may well 'chalk up' over time and become lighter and lighter.

AdamVester
Looks great! Good luck with keeping it clean though.

By the sound of it you may be starting an epidemic of matt black 205's :) Just be aware that the finish may well 'chalk up' over time and become lighter and lighter.

yeah i think thats going to be the only downside to this is the color fading quicker than normal.. cleaning i think should be fine but i havent tryed yet so dont no. but the paint will get lighter for sure. no worrys though i only used less than a 3ed of the tin ;) got enough to do the car a few more times if it fades to much :).

toddydal

it doesnt look to bad mate,are you going to give it a couple of more coats?how many coats have you gave it now?like you say if it fades just go over it again,itl just need a light rub down and repaint

Paintguy
got enough to do the car a few more times if it fades to much :).

I like your style - don't bother cleaning it, just repaint it when it gets dirty :)

Anton green

lol

Interesting stuff here. Question though, should primer be used with matt black, or simply spray on to a lightly keyed surface?

Paintguy

As long as the original surface is sound, then (almost) any paint can be put straight over it without the need for a primer. It just needs to be keyed to provide (mechanical) adhesion :)

hodgy

thats the back of mine after 6 hours work with the boot. will be loosing the lights and the chrome stripping rest is been done next week

post-7696-1204483914_thumb.jpg

AdamVester

well this is its first coat and as for fading it will take at least a year probily a few befor you can notice it. im living in the UK (its always gray never any sun) and the car will be guraged so i dought that short trips to the shops and the odd day out will take it toal on the car to much.

um tommorrow and tues are my days off and i am hoping to have it done by tues. I'm spraying the trim as soon as i get up tommorrow and then i am going over the car with some 800 wen n dry then giving it another coat of paint and ware i brushed im putting it on with a spounge and a better brush!!! then tues i should sand it with some really fine 1500 wet n dry then put the trim backon :). Ill take some pics if i remember to bring the camera.

Guest fudge

how strange!!! a couple of mates of mine are twins and one had a mk1 fester in the mighty colour that is matt black wit a lil flamejob on it, the other twin has a 2.0l capri also in matt black!

anyway i was thinkin about matt black the other day whilst gazing at the 205 thinkin "hell yeah, never seen matt black before" now iv seen urs im doin it definatly it looks superb!

no offence but i think i would prefer satin as matt fades, flakes ect ect. as for the rest of the car keep it pretty much standard, red inserts, red gti badge, with my already gun metal wheels!

keep up the good work, nice to see some1 has the minerals to do it!

Gentrix

duno, am I´drung or isit yo? hard to read thou

@ hodgy - no owense taken -- did you sed id on fire o´whot?

:)

AdamVester

OK a quick update i have sanded the car down with some medium went n dry looks a little patchy and i have no pictures yet. i am transporting the car back to mine tonight and should have it finished tommorrow!!!

today i have also reconditiond the trim and it looks awsome cant find any faults with the way the trim looks its like new here is a picture http://www.another-site.net/adam/stuff/trim.JPG (the quality of the pic isnt very good sorry)

anyway just keeping you all updated :wacko: tommorrow will be a good day if it isnt raining or windy.