• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Popshot

4 Wheel Drive Options

pugrallye
I've seen the turbo technics conversions come up now and again so yes that's an option later, though didn't they work on the K-jetronic fuelled 2.8 unit rather than the L-jetronic 2.9?

The turbo technics conversion was availiable on both 2.8 and 2.9

2.8 had a single monster turbo and 2.9 two tiddy t25's or T3's cant remeber which, but for out and out fun the 2.8 was the better option, used to go like a rocket! each of which had various states of tune, bolt on turbo with std internals was approx 200 bhp and monster torque, TT used to do kits up to 350bhp, although used to run one with over 550bhp, which I dont know if they ever marketed as my ford days had long gone by then.

Edited by pugrallye

Popshot

Update on this.

After much thought and searching of ebay etc. I've plumped for the XR4x4 option. I'm now the owner of a 205 and a very scabby XR4x4. Looking out for a 24v Cosworth engine but will get things going on the 12v if nothing turns up at the right price.

cybernck

cool, you might as well start a project topic about it :wub:.

Popshot

I will do just as soon as work commences. First task is tracing the Ford loom which doesn't make very good pictures unfortunately. This isn't helped by the myriad of bodges contained therein (there's a piece of domestic flex running the fuel pump direct from the battery!)

One question if I may. Is pulling the GTi unit out going to be easiest from the top or bottom of the 205 seeing as the whole job lot needs to go?

jackherer

If its all going then undo the strut tops and subframe as well as everything engine related and the whole drivetrain will drop out the bottom very easily.

Popshot

Thanks for that.

tom_m
Don't say things like that - you'll get me thinking!... :D

Mind you, I think the Sunny/Pulsar uses the ATTESA system like the Skyline, so there'd be all the computer control gubbins to plumb in.

no the sunny/pulsar is fairly low tech permanent 4wd as far as i know

mbayley77

I thought about the Pulsar set up and would be really interested in anyone with any info.

Its got to be great power for pound ratio

Batfink

kyepan is who you need to talk to about Pulsars as he owned a rather hot one before realising they were horrific moneypits lol

Sign in to follow this