• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kate205gti

Does Anyone Have A Gti-6 Engine In Their 205?

VisaGTi16v

There is someone that sells remapped chips on ebay for them as well. Wont give much more power but if you are running TB's they might be able to change the fueling map a bit to help and increase the rev limit slightly. 7500 is fine as far as I know

Baz

Why/What need is there on any track (apart from The 'Ring or Le sarthe :wacko:) to do more than 130 ish, a 1.6 box would suffice surely i say.

Baz

Well, a 1.6 FD'd 1.9 box, or even better a 1.9 with an Mi FD. :wacko:

kate205gti
There is someone that sells remapped chips on ebay for them as well. Wont give much more power but if you are running TB's they might be able to change the fueling map a bit to help and increase the rev limit slightly. 7500 is fine as far as I know

cheers for that :huh: am running an emerald ECU so can set the limiter to what i like but am assuming 7300 is there for a reason :lol:

would keep the mi16 box that ive got atm as long as it bolts staright on :wacko: saves swapping the diff over :P

pug_ham
Xsara box

1st 40mph

2nd 60mph

3rd 90mph

I get around those in gear speeds in my 8v with a 405 SRi gearbox, 4th is on limiter @ 110mph & 5th would hit 154mph with a long enough straight. :(

I am swapping gearboxes soon to either a 1.6 or a 1.9 /1.6 fd though or someting very close to that anyway.

I've said this before but if I was to seriously consider going for a 16v engine the GTi-6 would be my prime choice (although I have an Mi downstairs).

Saying that though the black 306 (is it a 6? ) in Dixon's first video looks a little smokey.:o

Graham.

Dixon
Dixon, Looks like ur speedo not working, is that intentional?

The speedo works but the rev counter doesnt. Although I've not missed the rev counter as I just go by sound and gear speeds, I'll get it working soon.

Graham - That 306 gti-6 in my first vid is running Throttle Boddies if that effects anything smoke wise?

welshpug

that black 6 in Dixon's vid looks to be running waaay too rich by the way it smokes on lift off and downshift, maybe he needs a proper RR setup?

It has been mentioned that many do run a bit rich when driven hard, not a problem for Kate and her throttle bodies :o

Edited by welshpug

Garry
It has been mentioned that many do run a bit rich when driven hard, not a problem for Kate and her throttle bodies

Just a bit!

:o

welshpug
Just a bit!

:(

:o is that yours? isnt that darren halliwell following?

Garry

Thats me.

Its Ed Cross following, aka 'Crossie' in a 106 rallye with 16v lump.

Sandy
that black 6 in Dixon's vid looks to be running waaay too rich by the way it smokes on lift off and downshift, maybe he needs a proper RR setup?

I set that one up. The only way we could get it to run smoothly at part throttle was to set it up rich (it's not waaay rich!). The cams were slightly too much for the CR and without building the bottom end from scratch (not in his budget), it was all we could do. I wasn't completely satisfied with the compromise in the map, but the customer was delighted and we'll hopefully be able to take it further later on.

Edited by sandy309

kate205gti

picked one up now :D

DSC01304.jpg

DSC01309.jpg

any advice on what to check/replace apart from the cambelt? ;)

taylorspug

Whilst its out id be tempted to stick a new set of big end and main shells in it, along with thrust washers. Im sure the current ones are fine, but its such an easy job with the engine out of the car, may aswell do it! Seeing as the crank wont be re-ground it wont need much running in either. ;)

Sandy

Fit a manual cambelt tensioner!

Super Josh

New water pump at the same time too ;)

Josh

welshpug

part number! PICT0090.jpg

original equipment are Dayco belts and INA tensioner+Idles, which GSF can supply, I got lucky on eeegay ;)

pug want circa £70 plus vat, gsf want £65 inc vat before discount. hope that helps!

pugrallye

yes always replace water pump with your cambelt and tensioners, as its not just cambelt tensioners that fail and snap belts ;)

KRISKARRERA
I set that one up.
Was that Matt's car?

pug_ham

Quick ressurection post.;)

Whats the weight of the GTi-6 engine with manifolds etc?

Graham.

damien

my gti6 lump seems to last forever round the track, i drive it like i stole it and i have the limiter at 8k.

with the throttle bodies your need some good cams and you should see close to 200bhp with them.

theres loads of videos of my gti6 round the track on youtube

tom_m
Quick ressurection post.:rolleyes:

Whats the weight of the GTi-6 engine with manifolds etc?

Graham.

this is going to open a can of worms but... fookin heavy!

you can move a dressed 8v pretty easily, i can just about lift one when i have to; but moving a dressed 6 is a minimum two man job IMO

ashley peddle
theres loads of videos of my gti6 round the track on youtube

usualy in the gravel / hitting armco... right? :lol:

this is going to open a can of worms but... fookin heavy!

you can move a dressed 8v pretty easily, i can just about lift one when i have to; but moving a dressed 6 is a minimum two man job IMO

yup yup - i picked the 6 engine up from birmingham and it took 2 big scrapyard attendants to drop the engine in the boot... thats with the use of a forklift :rolleyes:

welshpug

The J4RS weighs pretty much the same as an Iron block Mi, not surprising seeing as the casting is the same (finished differently maybe) but the head is different.

my mates engine crane was flexing about the same amount when I swapped the engine in my ZX :rolleyes: its circa 115kilos.

damien
usualy in the gravel / hitting armco... right? :ph34r:

once in 2 years and i had a woman in the car nagging in my ear......

it was only a bumper anyway ive got loads of them

Sign in to follow this