• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jonmurgie

[track_prep] Mi16 Track Car - Going Back Together!

feb

What happened to the M48 you had previously?

Jonmurgie

Due to time contraints and miss-communication we used an M48 earlier in the year but it was only on loan.... the M4 is identical to the M48 except it can only control 4 injectors, the M48 can control 8 :rolleyes:

Dream Weaver

How much for the M4 then, they look excellent!! :rolleyes:

Strange it can only do 4 injectors though, especially if it costs more than Emerald etc (which can do 8)?

smckeown
Strange it can only do 4 injectors though, especially if it costs more than Emerald etc (which can do 8)?

Yeah the M4 is a rip off compared to something like DTA/OMEX/Emerald. Less functionality and costs more.

It was still probably the right decision for jon based on his ability to get cheap mapping etc.

Batfink

but then how many of us have 8 injectors?

Jonmurgie

Retails prices:

M4 - £899 + VAT

M48 - £1169 + VAT

M400 - £1525 + VAT

M800 - £1899 + VAT

Am not getting drawn into a debate on the cost/value of ECU's... again

I was considering an 8 injector setup late last year/early this year... would be nice to try as it's supposed to yeild a decent bit of top end power!

Dream Weaver

EEK :)

Still, as said your cheapo mapping costs will easily offset the cost.

Jonmurgie

It does sound like a LOT, but only to people with low value cars really (i.e. 205's etc.)... loads of people with Scoobies and Imprezas worth 20/30k think very little for spending £2k + on an ECU.

It's % of scale I guess... spending as much as a decent car on an ECU probably sounds nuts to most 205 GTi owners :)

rich_w

I suppose its like compaing a Goodmans TV against a Sony :)

And I assume there PS prices? If so PS aren't extactly cheap!

Edited by rich_w

Jonmurgie

Yeah, that's probably a good comparison :)

Those are just the RRP of all MoTeC dealers, and you will be hard pushed to find it cheaper anywhere TBH, it's just one of those brands that although are expensive the pricing works out pretty much the same across the world and is hardly discounted anywhere.

RobMGti

I think you have made the right choice. As you said its transferable and if you ever go for something else. I would suspect you would get back 75% of the its initial value - its not as if you can say 'Motec ECU, ragged to death - £50'