• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

adam0088

TU3A 1.4 Rallye Replica - Ideas for performance related or just general upgrades?

adam0088

I've got a 205 Open that I've been working on to look like a euro rallye, got all the decals etc on, and just finished the wheel arches and its looking real nice.

But the engine is completely standard, single carb, was wondering if there's anything I can do to increase performance, not necessarily by much, just looking for ideas.
How much does the tu3a differ from the xs's tu3s?

I would love to replace most of the hoses with some silicone ones however after searching everywhere I don't think anywhere offers such things for the tu3/a, I emailed bakerbm who said it's something they would like to look into but need an original set to work
with.

Maybe get rid of the standard air box and put on a performance air filter? If its even an improvement over the standard that is

Any other ideas at all would be great, cheers.

Wallby

I think the best thing to do would be to try and find an xs engine to start with. One of those with a set of twin Webers would be brilliant.

Or maybe even a larger 1.6tu out of a saxo?