• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Luke

Fitting Electric Window (Wiring)

Luke

I've been looking into fitting electric windows into my 1.6 which didn't have them originally and from all the old topics it looked straight forward but I'm having a bit of a mare with the wiring.

I have a 1992 1.6 but it has the older style tube between the door and the car for the wiring not the 306-style plug you would expect on a later car. There also isn't any cabling for leccy windows in the door already unfortunatly.

I bought a set of door wiring looms, but I can't for the life of me work out where they plug in the cabin.

On the driver’s side, I found the brown 4-pin plug OK which matches the loom I have. However I also have a 2 pin white plug (with 3 cables going in) and a 5-pin yellow (all earths) but nowhere under the dash to plug these. The plug which comes from the door at the moment is a chuncky black 2 row plug with a latch.

On the passenger side, I have found where by existing door loom connects but this is a 4-pin brown plug and the new electric window wiring has a 5-pin white plug.

Do I have the wrong looms or does my car just have weird wiring?

I'm leaning towards just wiring the electric Windows up myself using the Haynes diagrams and leaving all the existing wiring alone as it looks like it only connects to one pin on the fuse box so pretty simple to hook up.

Any help much appreciated. I can snap some pics if it helps but I'm pretty stumped!