• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

camgti

Not yet! 

I sent an email a week ago and the lady (who seems to be a rude robot) replied with. “Another 2 weeks”. (After already waiting 4). I asked if there was a problem and she said there was some problem with stock. I asked if it had taken 4 weeks to work that out which she replied yes.....Never will I buy from CatCams again. So its anyones guess when it will arrive. The car is at the mechanics and he is primed for it to arrive so as soon as it is in and running Ill report back! 

petert

I can  probably shed some light on this. All the XU10 billets come from one supplier, the minimum order is 20 and they'll wait until they have enough orders to run a batch. Good luck!

Henry Yorke
On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 6:27 PM, 20five_t said:

Henry, are you running the xu10 inlet on xu9 head?

I did but not for very long.  Went back to the XU9 inlet manifold with bigger throttle body.  It also stopped the injectors praying onto the inlet gasket!

tioklou

Henry What type of throttle body do you run with the xu9 manifold?

camgti

Cam has arrived.

im on holidays in the US at the moment and the Cam is to be installed while Im away. Will keep everyone posted as to how it gets on. 

Cam

camgti

Awaiting new buckets/followers for the cam just to be sure this time. 

Picked this up for a case of beer...bargain of the century and couldnt help myself. I believe its the DP engineering manifold designed for the Xantia/406 bay. Will put it on down the track or save it for a 205 project. 

D855187E-C84C-4FE0-A28B-B79A73AE4E97.jpeg

D2507761-1A9C-4C09-892E-8C58684161AC.jpeg

petert

I'd get them ceramic coated, even if just to keep them pretty.

camgti

Roger. Good idea.

camgti

Made 10hp less... 

Needs a bigger blower for the cam. 

So along with the above manifold ive acquired a JDM T28 Turbo. 

Found a guy who thinks its cool and can tune it! 

On with more flow! 

Those DP manifolds are amazing quality! 

camgti

Must say this.

For a stock turbo the J2 NA cam was the best. At 14psi it made 115kw atw.

So anyone wanting to upgrade a cam just find a J2 cam, up the boost and off you go.

The CatCams cam is too big. Unless you have higher compression or more flow. 

20five_t

it's interesting that it made less - any ideas why. Was that re-mapped as well?

It might be worth it in the long run though depending on what you do next

some graphs off the dyno would be good.

Edited by 20five_t

camgti

Too much lift/overlap for the little t25 exhaust housing and standard manifold to get rid of the now higherlift amount of air. It will definitly work with the T28 and tubular manifold. Thats what Im fitting next along with s full mapping session. It would probably make a little more with a map but not work the money when there are plenty of J2 cams about. Im very lucky that I was able to buy the DP manifold for little money which helps with mounting a bigger turbo and getting a lot more flow. So stay tuned for the next stage. Bigger turbo, manifold and mapping. It should make close to if not more than 250hp. Not that I care, I just want it all working well together. 

20five_t

10 hp less - was that un-mapped though?

let us know how you get on with the bigger turbo.

camgti

Not mapped yet. A few life changes have put the project on the back burner at the moment. Will probably be a few months until I get back to it. 

It may well have more power with a better map but it really needs a better manifold to help the flow and a bigger turbo is a no brainer at the same time. 

The T25 really shouldnt go much past 10-12psi anyway, just blows hot air. You can feel the ecu winding back the timing from knock and with a T28 should at 14psi it should really haul. Expecting about 250hp with the manifold, turbo and map. Lets see!