• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Staffyed

Cti Window Jamming.

Staffyed

Hi,

Today's teaser is -

The windows on my CTi get stuck half way up or down - varies. I took apart the mechanism today and there is very little support apart from the window seal guides.

The mechanism for lifting only attaches on the slot on the bottom of the window, but there is another holed bracket further along the window. See picture. Should there be another bracket to help push the window up square?

Does anyone have a Peugeot drawing of the door assembly?

post-26762-0-63062900-1482421750.jpg

post-26762-0-86235600-1482421751.jpg

post-26762-0-51415600-1482421752.jpg

• Like 1

welshpug

I think there's a part missing, but might be the difference between the hatch and the soft top?

Edited by welshpug

steve@cornwall

Can't tell from the pics wether the plastic guide is still present on the front of the window or if that's discoloration ever it used to be. The rubber seal that sits in the front channel sometimes tucks up and catches on this.In either case it's that guide on the leading edge that keeps it square in the door. The bracket arrangement looks right as there is only one arm on the convertible as opposed to the hardtop's two.

Edited by steve@cornwall
  • Like 1

Staffyed

Thanks Guys,

Steve - looks as though the plastic guide is missing, I just have two rivets in the window which should be clamping the guide in. You don't have any pictures of what one should look like??

steve@cornwall

I did find one pic on an old eBay as by googling "205 cti drop glass" but after several tries at copying the link on a Kindle (hence the edits in my post) I gave up. I did get one from local pug dealer a few years ago so may still be available.

ALEX

There might be a pic of the window in my restoration thread. if not I did post a picture of a repair I did to min somewhere.

Staffyed

Looks good Alex thanks,

Found the guides in the track, the plastic has broken around the hole. So going to try ebay 106 ones and drill them. I'll post back when I've done.

stumpyjag

Hi How did you get on modifying the 106 ones, I have the same problem.  Cheers