• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Woody205

What Does Everyone Else Drive When There Not In Their 205

Ramigojag

I had the Leon FR many moons ago with that engine and box and at the time I was amazed by how smooth, torquey, and economical it was, then I added a custom code map and ruined it haha.

Very torquey and smooth I agree, the economy is ok if you baby it, but the moment you push on it drops pretty fast.

I've thought about a map, but all mine does is drive 30 miles to work and back a day the 205 is for some fun

• Like 1

mowflow

Cheaply rented mk7 golf R. Someone here had to have one as supposedly everyone on the internet ordered one.

End of the month it will be changing into an equally cheap Cupra 290 black edition.

ali oman

C32 amg 400+ bhp.

For her e53 x5 4.4i

Gaz205

C32 amg 400+ bhp.

For her e53 x5 4.4i

You clearly work for BP petrol??? Haha

Anthony

You clearly work for BP petrol??? Haha

I guess that you're on a phone and can't see his location - he's in Oman, so petrol costs probably are of little concern (Google suggests it's about 32p/litre at the moment)

Gaz205

I guess that you're on a phone and can't see his location - he's in Oman, so petrol costs probably are of little concern (Google suggests it's about 32p/litre at the moment)

Oh wow that is cheap! And a rare C32 too

dcc

I've turned into a daily w*nker, and now cycle the 3 miles each way to work. I do still have the most environmentally friendly Landrover defender (only because it does about 20miles aweek), a pair of saab 1.9 tid estates (1 standard and 1 remapped), the misses has a golf gt tdi (pd130) - wish I never bothered wasting my money on crappy peugeots over all these years - its a fantastic car!

ScoobyJawa

BMW M140i

IMG_4856_zps9bs6ngp2.jpg

• Like 2

Malc

Now that's a proper sleeper (de-badged of course) Hope is the real mans version (RWD) and not the poofs version (4WD)

ScoobyJawa

Sure is RWD :) Probably the last ever 6cyl RWD hatch :(

Gaz205

At last a good example of the now prehistoric N54 unit I had in my 335i... Auto or manual?

ScoobyJawa

B58 auto, I'd never own a manual daily driver again! And the ZF is superb.

Only recently passed the run in period and flipping heck it makes my old F31 330xD PPK feel like a 1.1! :D

Gaz205

B58 auto, I'd never own a manual daily driver again! And the ZF is superb.

Only recently passed the run in period and flipping heck it makes my old F31 330xD PPK feel like a 1.1! :D

Yea to say they are not double clutch they are pretty outstanding boxes... A few hundred pounds would make it a very very fast car... You may be able to have the alpina gearbox settings uploaded too which makes more quicker shifts

stanz

When I'm not in my works van ( vito) which desperately needs replacing I'm in a Subaru Forester, not the best looking car but awesome to drive!

cRaig

Finally got bored of the sheddy 406, as after another building project it was more of a skip on wheels. Havent taken any good photos (or more importantly polished it up yet!)

30864224725_3bae25b060_c.jpg

Its the 3.2 V6 DSG. Makes a lovely, albeit somewhat muted noise. Never owned anything that wasnt manual, really enjoying the gearbox! Not the last word in any single respect, but seems to be a pretty good all rounder, which is what I wanted.

• Like 1

GLPoomobile

Nice one Craig. I was lloking at TTs the other day. I feel like they've gone full circle now and come through the naff "hairdresser" stage, and to my eyes they look pretty good again. Got to be a future classic surely? So now is possibly a good time to get one as they are cheap. As boring as it is I'd have to get the 4 pot turbo though.

• Like 1

cRaig

Yeah, I think they have a decent chance of being a future classic, prices do seem to be stabilising a bit more now and although I paid more than you can pick them up for, as I wanted one with lower milage, FSH and the expensive common failure points sorted. This one has had the DSG mechatronic controller replaced, so the gearchange is lovely and smooth.

While it does get alot of stick from "true petrolheads" and does have that hairdressery image, it ticks all the boxes I wanted- comfortable enough for daily use (a friend had a mk1 z4 recently and that was a boneshaker in comparison!), nice noise, quick enough to be entertaining and relatively practical (rear seats fold flat).

After rattling around in the 406 HDi, my main criteria for a new car was a lovely noise, so it had to be the v6! 30mpg seems entirely possible, although the novelty of it hasnt worn off yet, so am getting considerably less than that at the moment! :D

nomis

The original TT is one of those cars that I find is really growing on me as they age. There's quite a few about but as they thin out I reckon future modern classic, probably wise to go low miles etc then.

There's a lot of great cars that have been dismissed with that hairdresser tag over the years but that proper car fan should realise are crackers.

The MK 1 and 2 Toyota MR2s are ones that spring to mind - and even the MX5 gets branded with the label sometimes.

allye

Got a 1.8t one at the garage with a blowing exhaust manifold, engine out job!! Craziness.

Agree though they look nice and should go well. Have to say I think I'd have the 20v over the v6.

As I'm here I should add what I drive, really super exciting, 184k 5 door HDI, one owner car and does 65mpg on a run, and yet to be mapped!

FE0CD8D9-9969-4709-B3DA-184D1323F84F_zps

Engine was supposed to go in the van but changed my mind!

welshpug

engine out is a doddle on that platform!

bumper skin off, front pannel complete assembly off (headlight, rads, fans bumper crash bar!)

unplug, exhaust and linkages, heater pipes, 12 bolts on the inner cv's and drop it onto a pallet :D an hour at the most.

dcc

Take note it actually took him 5 hours

• Like 1

welshpug

5??? it was on the pallet 5 min after you left doing your 1 hour dpf removal :P

Clarky3rdNut

Last week I treated myself to a replacement for the written off 205 Auto.

330d M Sport Touring

9011FC80-39A0-41E1-8E14-804C0BDDD7A2.jpe

First BMW I've owned ..quite good at cars aren't they..!

• Like 1

Bogsye

I like that! We dropped into the local dealership recently and looked at a 330 touring. Quite impressed really.

Bit torn, as a 5 would be a better size, but the 3 is a really nice shape.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

damo

Just a boring Vectra CDTI or my 2.5 TDI T4 camper :)