• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Woody205

What Does Everyone Else Drive When There Not In Their 205

speno

I have you know I got up to 72 mph the other day on the M1 It was very scary tho

• Like 1

Alan_M

I've not driven my 205 for a few years now so have no choice but to drive my 306HDi, 306 1.4 or my recently acquired BMW 330i coupe.

Biggles

200bhp in a 4wd 1300kg ish car - gotta be in the old scooby territory 6-7 secs?

Hopefully he will be a gentleman and enlighten us

1340kg according to Autosnout - 60 in 7.2s - standing 1/4 in 14.9s.

Anthony

I've not driven my 205 for a few years now so have no choice but to drive my 306HDi, 306 1.4 or my recently acquired BMW 330i coupe.

You do have a choice... you could always pull your finger out, drag the 205 from the garage and recommission the old girl! :P

• Like 2

Gaz205

1340kg according to Autosnout - 60 in 7.2s - standing 1/4 in 14.9s.

???? Surprisingly average even for that era

welshpug

don't think there was that much else that was comparable and any quicker in 94 tbh from its competitors, ford only had the mondeo Si, vauxhall the cav turbo which was 200 bhp, passat vr6 at 174 bhp, montego turbo at 150 bhp, audi 80 S2 was 227 bhp.

Gaz205

I think the T5's ruled the roost back then

welshpug

still only 225 bhp, heavy old things too!

Edited by welshpug

Gaz205

What year did the R kick in? Now that was a fast bus!

welshpug

96-7.

stain

Here it is

post-24106-0-17508100-1477131326_thumb.png

Shane17

I know it's not mine but went to dunsfold aerodrome yesterday to take my nephew for a trackday experience he drove this Lamborghini plus a Ferrari 360

A52AED28-C80A-45CA-A8E6-D12CB9758998_zps

I couldn't resist having 4 laps in this

B56A6E6D-6247-4800-894D-0B91B17F977B_zps

We then had a power lap in a Vauxhall vxr8 which was a serious animal and for the price tag I'm actually seriously thinking about looking for one

781C81C9-2364-4BDC-A14C-2AA20E541807_zps

For a 4 door family saloon it has some real grunt and handling to it, also gave me the taste for maybe putting my 205 on the track.

TAG

Absolute babe of a 306 HDI....best £150 I've ever spent!

• Like 1

allanallen

Absolute babe of a 306 HDI....best £150 I've ever spent!

I hated it with a passion :D

pug_ham

Currently running around in an emergency bargain 306 hdi to stand in for the 06 C4 VTS hdi with a sick turbo.

The 306 mot runs out next month though so I've got to go round it & put it in for one this week, fingers crossed.

g

Alan_M

You do have a choice... you could always pull your finger out, drag the 205 from the garage and recommission the old girl! :P

Yep, once I've sorted the 330!

christopher

200bhp in a 4wd 1300kg ish car - gotta be in the old scooby territory 6-7 secs?

Hopefully he will be a gentleman and enlighten us

Gaz,

You are right

• A standard T16 (red on the right) makes the 60 sprint in just under 7 seconds
  • The lightly modified one (grey on the left) has around 100 bhp more. so I have no idea, but its damn fast for a pug. It's restricted right now, but the standard internal are supposed to take 350bhp.

But in reality I rarely doing a standing start, since I'm nice to the boxes.

On the german motorway on other hand its a different story. There is very little that can touch the grey T.

As mentioned it also very comfortable. will cruise all day at 100 mph.

The ultimate family peugeot transporter :-)

• Like 1

Gaz205

Thanks for that, interesting to see the potential they engineered into the car back then and a shame it wasn't produced in higher numbers

nomis

A ten-year-old Jaguar X Type estate with 110k on the clock. It's the sport 2.2d version, no extra power but really nicely set up ride. Handles pretty well, quick enough, comfortable and swallows the family and assorted junk.

The estates are under rated and very good value cars - not such a fan of the saloon.

Another vote for how great that 405 looks from me.

post-25790-0-84476800-1477433000_thumb.jpg

Edited by nomis

Chip1

2003 Mercedes sl350. Totally impractical but geogeous to look at and drive. Goes well if asked too.

u47sb2

My current daily runaround is this mighty 14 year old Corsavan with the 1.7 diesel engine. 64bhp but not bad on torque, and sips fuel. Bought for scrap money to help keep miles off my Passat.

30569296976_23194aa46f_c.jpg

Other car is this Passat estate, bought as a cat D write-off that I then got repaired. Also very economical, was doing 30,000 miles per year before I bought the van.

29973821164_c994656864_c.jpg

Ramigojag

Standard issue MK5 Golf GTI.....I know how boring, but it does have DSG which is very fun to play with.

Gaz205

Standard issue MK5 Golf GTI.....I know how boring, but it does have DSG which is very fun to play with.

I had the Leon FR many moons ago with that engine and box and at the time I was amazed by how smooth, torquey, and economical it was, then I added a custom code map and ruined it haha.

grandos

Company car X3 when I get to drive it, but k1300s motorsport as a daily! Never dull.