• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Woody205

What Does Everyone Else Drive When There Not In Their 205

Woody205

Some of these need to be posted here too. http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=165107&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

My daily C220 S204 - not half as well built as the S202 I had before it.. DSC_1165_zpsr4vfra2l.jpg

I see you like your American stuff mate I'm the same although I've not had chance to own one yet although my best mates just restored his 1960 f150 so I gave him a hand,it's got the v8 out of a falcon in it as well

Tom Fenton

I end up riding about in my tatty Shogun 3.2 diesel auto more often than anything else. Very easy and comfy for day to day use, heated leather is nice this time of year into winter. I work on a dirty steelworks site so whatever I go to work in gets covered in brown muck within a day or two so it's not worth taking anything nice. 535d touring if I'm going anywhere nice, the 19" wheels look great but are fragile as I've found out on more than a few occasions now.

Paul_13

E46 330i or 116d company car

GLPoomobile

405 1.6 Gl, one of the best cars I've ever owned, light as a feather, big comfy, superb handlingfeels nice to get in even after driving the missus' Citroen C4. A very understated car FCDE2177-8BAB-460C-816D-AAC9262D538E.png07CBD06B-4BA1-4C5B-AB80-F2B9487BC724.png

I don't think I've ever seen a more perfect looking 405. The ride height, wheels and subtle (presume Peugeot) body kit all work perfectly. One of those "I want that" moments.

What alloys are they?

Gaz205

I end up riding about in my tatty Shogun 3.2 diesel auto more often than anything else. Very easy and comfy for day to day use, heated leather is nice this time of year into winter. I work on a dirty steelworks site so whatever I go to work in gets covered in brown muck within a day or two so it's not worth taking anything nice. 535d touring if I'm going anywhere nice, the 19" wheels look great but are fragile as I've found out on more than a few occasions now.

Have you tried losing the run flats? I suffered with cracked rims constantly on my 19" 335 wheels. Goodyear eagle 2's completely solved that issue and gave a better ride and surprisingly better economy

barneys66

I see you like your American stuff mate I'm the same although I've not had chance to own one yet although my best mates just restored his 1960 f150 so I gave him a hand,it's got the v8 out of a falcon in it as well

Sounds very cool - extra nice if that's 289..!

Robbiedundy

Audi S3, up for sale though, 205 gti6 will be replacing it when it's finished ????

IMG_20160909_210246_zpsj27ba5sx.jpg

• Like 1

speno

I've got one in sepang blue with audi buckets in it . It's my favourite drive of all my cars even over my 911

Robbiedundy

My mates S1 is sepang blue it's such a nice colour ???? I do like it but I'd rather something I can tinker with and not lose thousands ????

calvinhorse

I don't think I've ever seen a more perfect looking 405. The ride height, wheels and subtle (presume Peugeot) body kit all work perfectly. One of those "I want that" moments.

What alloys are they?

Wow thanks, really appreciate that :)

Yeah it's an Mi16 kit and the front lower splitter is a genuine peugeot aftermarket part that fits on a base model bumper, it makes the front bumper lower than the skirts (instead of higher) which is what makes it look subtly different/better :D

Wheels are Compomotive MO6 16x8"

toolie72

Day job it's the s*itty transit-waiting to get home and get 205 out

205s my only car-don't need anything else

stain

Daily is an F10 M5CP

christopher

The Peugeot 405 T16 (Turbo 16) 4x4 is the daily driver.

Gets the kids to school, tows the trailer and the family long distance driver.

For a 23 year old Peugeot sedan, it scares the socks off the BMW M's and Audi S's

IMG_3732.jpg

Edited by christopher
  • Like 1

speno

The Peugeot 405 T16 (Turbo 16) 4x4 is the daily driver.

Gets the kids to school, tows the trailer and the family long distance driver.

For a 23 year old Peugeot sedan, it scares the socks off the BMW M's and Audi S's

IMG_3732.jpg

How fast are they 0 to 60 ish ?

Gaz205

200bhp in a 4wd 1300kg ish car - gotta be in the old scooby territory 6-7 secs?

Hopefully he will be a gentleman and enlighten us

RossD

My daily is a 2013 508 GT estate. It wasn't even on my radar when i was looking for a new car, but having sat in it and driven it I was sold. Its silent when on the move, the engine doesn't sound like a 4-pot diesel amazingly (Maybe that's the active engine mounts?) and for a fat 1700Kg car it actually handles rather well. Its got all the pointless toys too (And they work).

From a petrol-head point of view is not that exciting (0-60 low 8 seconds etc) but as a comfy, safe family wagon, its pretty damned good.

I dont actually have any decent pictures of it, but its prety much identical to this.

peugeot-508-sw-gt-22-hdi-204.jpg

Wallby

Alfa 147 GTA is my daily and I absolutely love it! Owned for nearly 5 years and its been great.

May have to sell quite soon which I'm not looking forward too. Prices seem to have risen in the last few years so I should be able to sell it to close to what I paid for it, with an extra 40k on the clock!

Gaz205

Alfa 147 GTA is my daily and I absolutely love it! Owned for nearly 5 years and its been great.

May have to sell quite soon which I'm not looking forward too. Prices seem to have risen in the last few years so I should be able to sell it to close to what I paid for it, with an extra 40k on the clock!

Very nice, I part owned one many years ago, the sound was immense - diff bills also immense!

speno

200bhp in a 4wd 1300kg ish car - gotta be in the old scooby territory 6-7 secs?

Hopefully he will be a gentleman and enlighten us

Well if it scares the socks of audi s range and bmw m you would think it would be 5 secs or under to 60
  • Like 1

Gaz205

I think, and I'm basing this off a very old memory, they have a prehistoric overboost on them which kicks in once you've planted the gas for a while... Maybe it's 50+ mph is where it comes into its own? I'm shocked you've never had one Spence!

I often drive a 1.7 diesel Astra that scares m car and s car drivers most days

Edited by Gaz205

calvinhorse

Well if it scares the socks of audi s range and bmw m you would think it would be 5 secs or under to 60

It's not just the 0-60 time that makes a fast car.

And he said it scares them not wipes the floor with them :D

steve@cornwall

I'm scared of OAPs in Hyundai i10s.........

• Like 1

speno

The other thing is the driver calvin; 0)

calvinhorse

You can't drive that's why you have to have such fast cars :D