• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
denchy33

205 Gti Misfiring When Underload

denchy33

Ah thanks a lot mate that would be brilliant if u could ill pm u my number ! Was u really typical lol , the garage is SLP AUTOS in Boreham

Thanks

denchy33

It wont let me PM you ? Its says the following errors were found Array ? Its *********** anyway thanks mate
Carl

Edited by jackherer

jackherer

My inbox was full, I've emptied it now. Your number is in my phone so I'll call you next time I'm heading your way.

denchy33

Oh was it lol ok cheers mate

Carl

Tom Fenton

Sounds typical of many modern garages , if they can't plug a gadget into the OBD port for the car to tell them what it wants they haven't a clue and aren't interested

A few years ago I broke down in my dads s*ite old Range Rover V8 whilst towing a trailer. Rang the RAC who insisted on sending a patrol out first in a van, I wanted a recovery truck! Said patrol turned up brandishing an OBD scanner looking got somewhere to plug it in, I asked him if he was taking the fecking piss, it was a 1989 Range Rover, and he'd better send for a bloody truck before I plugged his fault code reader into his arse.

I'm sure Jackherers your man to sort it.

denchy33

Yeah thats right mate think there was 6 of them in there the useless tosers ! More intrested in getting it out the way for the next mug to have to there mot done by them ,haha yeah that sounds typical of recovery companys aswell mate they havent got a clue have they lol ,yeah i hope so :) im going greyer by the day cos if this bloody car haha

jr4070

I am following this thread with great interest. . Mine is doing exactly the same..I haven't changed the dizzy yet. I had an o ring go on the dizzy conection point.. I wonder if it is oil contamination on the reluctor/ wieghts?...

denchy33

Oh really mines been at a place called rallytech for about a month now i phoned him today he said hes had the distributor rebuild and is doing fuel pressure tests and hes gonna phone me tomorrow with some good news i hope :) , ill update soon as i find out exactly what was causing the misfire mate

Carl

parv121

Hi everyone, my name is parvesh, in particular drenchy33.

I am another fool who came across a Peugeot 205 going cheap a couple of years ago and feel in love, had to buy it. The car was very well looked after however a number of faults meant the car had been passed on about 4 times to different owners who couldn't get it sorted. Since I brought the car for 400 pounds, I have been to school and back regarding the car and the injections system and can now proudly say I have a lovely running 205 cti 1990 which I have self diagnosed from start to finish and I have basically mastered the Bosch jetronic injection system and it's workings along the way with the help of the Haynes manual and a few old school gadgets.

Maybe I can help?.

First step is stop spending money on blindly changing parts if that what's your in the process of and don't listen to modern mechanics, they haven't got a clue. These are simple old school engines.

Secondly, setup the engine correctly which I know how to do.

Thirdly, let me hook the car up to my old school jetronic ecu reader. Yes, you heard right , jetronic ecu reader. Very basic but tells us what's what. This will tell us about all the sensors relevant to the injection system , airflow reading and injectors and fuelling. I am soon going to put a video on YouTube showing me using the reader. This will point us in the right direction.

Following these steps we can take relevant action on a specific area. I have an old school CO reader too which means I can also setup your air mass sensor. Don't listen to anyone who says you can't touch them, you CAN and I HAVE and it was one of the things that needed doing. Most air mass sensors are setup wrong from previous touching or the setups have not been changed to compensate for modern fuels which have a different composition than the fuel of the 80's and 90's.

Compression test and fuel pressure test can be done also, I have the tools and readers.

Please note. I am not a machanic, I will not touch anything to do with the engine head. But we could find out if that's the problem and then you can get the relevant work done.

I am happy and confident to work and all other parts wishing the engine bay which is where the works needs to be done to get the car running well.

regards,

Parvesh.

Telf

Denchy,

Jackherer will probably more than likely sort you problem out- there are a few guys up in Ipswich that know what's what, as well and a good independent garage just north of Ipswich that can sort your Pug - its fully equipped as far as tuning etc goes- the guy has loads of 'old school' motors in his collection so knows what hes doing.

I'm fairly handy myself but by no means an expert- bottom line don't take your Pug to a modern garage - as already said most wont have a clue or simply wont be prepared to look at it.

Paul

jackherer

As Denchy said above he has taken it to Rallytec in Chelmsford who are properly old school, I first took a 205 GTI there in the late nineties!

denchy33

Thanks paul yeah these old school garages are getting hard to find round my area so cheers ! Hopefully it will be sorted soon and thanks Jackherer yes the guy at rallytech is proper old school so im fairly confident he will sort it out just hope its not gonna be much longer !

Hi parvesh wish i had heard from u before i took to garage as ive feeling u would be a lot cheaper lol but sounds like u know your stuff mate if rallytech cant fix it ill defo be in touch where are u based mate ?

Telf

rallytech another place to add to my list of garages !

jackherer

I didn't think you'd be prepared to travel as far as Chelmsford but if you are the engine and cylinder head reconditioning engineer next door to Rallytec is probably of more interest to you right now - http://www.bgvprecisionengineering.co.uk/ - Bob is even more old school than Rallytec, I've had stuff done there several times and its always been spot on.

• Like 1

parv121

Hi Carl,

Thanks for acknowledging my message.

I'm next to Heathrow mate junction 4 on the m4. A town called west Drayton.

Listen if you don't get anywhere with your current attempt or even want to concentrate on other issues let me know. i would be happy to give you my time and I charge only pocket money mate. But depends what you want.

Here is a couple of simple examples .

I had a local guy just bring me his car just to put it on my ecu reader. His car was running fine but the reader showed his air intake was low especially compared to mine. We took off all his breathers, cleaned them, cleaned the throttle body, wire mesh in the oil filler etc and after his intake was even better and he said the car idled even better and had a slight better response.

At one time my 205 1.6 cti was idling rough, bouncey revs on idle , randomly cutting out on idle, not holding timing marks on the flywheel when adjusting timing etc. whacked on my ecu reader and it showed that about every 10 seconds or so the injector signs would flash on the reader. Exactly the time a soft hissing noise would come from the engine. With this direction and hint, I figured that if the injectors a showing a fail every 10 seconds it must be to do with fuel line and pressure. There where no leaks, fuel pump was in good nick and working well so just changed the fuel pressure regulator and hey presto. Done. the old pressure regulator would released before the 3 bar so injectors would struggle.

To be fair on forums you will hear a lot of people talking about HT LEADS, DIZZY CAPS, AIR MASS SENSORS, COILS ETC.

Be careful these normally ( not all the time) with respect , come from people who don't really know too much about the injection system and are serial part changers which sometimes total more than the car.

There's many things we can do and to be fair I enjoy getting one over these very funny Bosch injection systems.

Let me know,

And also if anyone else is intrested let me know. Maybe I can be of help.

DONT GIVE UP ON THE 205 no matter what it throws at you!!!!!!

Regards,

Parvesh.

denchy33

Yeah thanks for all the info parvesh u sound like a handy bloke to know cos im sure even if does get fixed theres bound to be other issues in the future lol im not gonna lie ive been tempted to just get rid but ive spend far to much time and money on it plus i know id regret it ! Its good that people like yourself are willing to give up your time to help me and other people out its much appreciated !

Carl

parv121

Carl,

Thanks, I will continue to follow your progress on this forum with interest. I hope it works out with your current garage and all get sorted.

Feel free to get in touch.

I know how frustrating it can be with 205 and they can chew a lot of money but hang in there if you can, Your money will be safe in these type of cars especially if you can get them running well.

Regards to all on this forum.

denchy33

Cheers parvesh, ill definatly update soon as i have any futher news on it , thanks ! Yeah they certainly can but least by replacing parts hopefully it helps rule problems out in the future , yeah thats what i keep telling myself just hope can get and keep it running well lol

Thanks again parvesh ill be in touch if i have any problems mate

Carl

denchy33

Hi all really pleased to say i finally got my car back yesterday and she is running really really well :) im so happy how much better it is the guy at rally tech has done such a good job he says he cured the misfire by rebuilding the dizzy himself and making fueling adjustments ? but ive now got a problem with starting he says its the ringgear teeth worn because the battery is fine and brandnew starter motor it worked when i picked it up but everytime i turn it off now u turn key and nothing happens is there a way of ingaging the teeth coz im having to bumb it atm lol obviously im gonna have to get the ring gear done he said he can file the teeth which would make improvement ,anyone got any experiance with this problem ?

Thanks

Carl

parv121

Carl,

Great news, well done mate.

Fuelling adjustment I can understand, but dizzy rebuild for a misfire under load in have never seen. I will have to log that in my memory for the future.

It's a nice feeling ain't it when the bugger finally runs as it's supposed too...

Regards

Parvesh

denchy33

Hi parvesh

Yeah cheers im well happy mate been off the rd for about 18mths !

Yeah he said it was mainly the dizzy at fault when he tested it it wasnt acting as it should he said i know nothing about them tbh lol

Yeah really good being able to open it right up again and it just runs bang on now and ive been driving an old auto mondeo for 18mths driving this again a dream lol

Cheers for your help parvesh

Carl

welshpug

what do you mean by nothing happens when you turn the key?

literally nothing as in no noise click whirr or anything else?

denchy33

Yeah litrally nothing all u can hear is the fuel pump buzzing , but ive had a new starter motor fitted twice already cos they were faulty , i phoned him today and he says it definatly sounds like another faulty starter ! So hes gonna try and get me a better quality one

Thanks

Carl

jackherer

It's normally caused by the wiring to the starter solenoid breaking down. Is it still at Rallytec? If so tell him to follow the solenoid wiring until he finds a brown multiplug, keep cutting the wire back until he finds bright shiny copper then splice new wiring in from that point. If he needs to prove the fault tell him to supply 12v directly to the starter solenoid.