• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
denchy33

205 Gti Misfiring When Underload

denchy33

Ah really thanks hoodygoodwood !

You lot are so helpful its unreal thanks again

Carl

theoilburner

I have been going through the same process myself. If you need any help let me know, I know what a frustration it is.

Might be worth sending your injectors off to be ultrasonically cleaned too? I have just done this through injectortune, £57.

Edited by theoilburner

denchy33

Thanks ashely i may need it ! Yes it is very frustrating and costly lol but hopefully ill get there in the end lol , ive got the next 2 weeks off work so im hoping get it done then

Yes injector cleaning is another thing that seems recomended on here often think i read a few threads of someone on here that cleans them isit mad proffesser ? £57 not to bad anyway isit thanks for advice !

Carl

theoilburner

Mad Professor doesn't do it anymore, I had mine done by injectortune and they are brilliant. They provide you with a report of your injector performance before and after cleaning (including flow rates and spray patterns).

Good luck mate

denchy33

Oh doesnt he ok thanks ill get in touch with them then , i can imagine getting them cleaned would make a lot of difference

Cheers mate

denchy33

Well ive just checked all the part numbers :( lol

AFM is 0280 202 056 = wrong ?

ECU is 0280 000 340 = wrong ?

Injectors is 0280 150 702 = wrong ?

Dizzy is 0237 009 066 = right ? ( but i think its leaking oil )

So injectors were 702 like hoodygoodwood said they look yellow what were the orange 1s for then cos all the 1.6s ive had are blue ?

Think im gonna need some new parts lol

denchy33

Oh and the spare afm ive got is 0280 202 056 aswell brilliant !! Lol

theoilburner

So you need to swap over everything that I have had to swap over, literally exactly the same situation (except my 1.9 was running on blue injectors).

Really feel for you mate, finding a decent AFM is nigh on impossible unless you buy new. I bought one second hand, supposedly in perfect working order, and it was seized, it took ages to clean it up and get the flap moving freely. The other issue is that a lot of them have had the spring messed with to get the car through emissions.

The joys of 205 GTI ownership eh? Having said that I hit a nice stretch of B road with the sun out, sunglasses on, Kasabian on the stereo and a heavy right foot, made all of the problems disappear momentarily.

hoodygoodwood

I did a bit of research on the orange injectors and the only car I could find them on was an Alfa 3 litre V6 . Its weird how we have both had them turn up on a Pug engine , I had mine ultrasonically cleaned before I realised they were wrong and the car did not run right so now they are sitting on the shelf .

Yellow injectors can be picked up cheaply , I will have a look to see if I have any spares . I do have a Bosch ECU 0 280 000 359 which you can have for a tenner if you need one , I am in Chelmsford on Sunday and could drop it round to you .

It is hard to get a really decent 1.9 AFM , put a wanted ad on here or look on Ebay

denchy33

Yeah im going to have to arent i hopefully it wont be to costly ! Yes ive heard that its hard to find a decent afm out of intrest do u know how much they are new ?,

Lol yeah they are a pain in the arse arent they lol but the cars cost me so much already and i have to get it back on the road i miss it to much lol

Thanks

denchy33

Oh really an alfa that sounds really strange doesnt it ! , did it misfire at high revs with your wrong injectors then ? Cos i didnt have this misfire for the year i had it on the rd but obviously they are wrong on the plus side it more flow should equal more power right ? Lol

Yeah id defo be intrested in the ecu and right injectors please mate ah thanks are you fairly local to me then ?

Carl

hoodygoodwood

I think the list price from Peugeot for an AFM is around £500 , not sure if they are still available . Someone found one recently for about £150 iirc , you could sell them all day for that price but new ones are V rare .

I have picked them up on Ebay cheaply enough but prices are going up now and as stated you never know what has been done to them .Optical trigger seems to have one for sale , see how much he wants , you could also get the ECU and injectors from him .Drop him a PM , if he cannot help I am passing through Chelmsford on the way to my fishing lake Sunday - I am in Enfield .

The orange injectors seemed to misfire a little all the time , I removed them straight away and refitted yellow ones .

farmer

I bought two on ebay yesterday for 360 quid.

XU9JA ones.

I can still get the CAT AFM also, they were a grand RRP.

As above they do come up rarely

denchy33

Really yeah bet they would sell loads for that price cos a new 1 would be a lot better but i couldnt afford that atm even if i could get 1 lol

Yes ive sent him a message about afm so when he replys ill see if he can sort the other bits out aswell , are you ok ill let you know asap if i still need the ecu thanks !

Did they yeah ill ask the guy i brought it off if he knows where the orange 1s came from he might know

Cheers

hoodygoodwood

I would bid on a new AFM on Ebay but I never seem to see them .

Let me know how you get on with the parts .

farmer

I would bid on a new AFM on Ebay but I never seem to see them .

I have two now, got one from a dealer last year, only seen about 4 or 5 on eBay,one listing was poorly advertised

denchy33

Did u farmer let me know if u have a good condition used 1 for sale thanks

denchy33

Will do thanks miles

theoilburner

I have some injectors that I would be willing to part with if you need them

denchy33

Thanks but ive sorted some now off O.T cheers anyway mate

Carl

denchy33

Hi all just to update on what ive done to it , changed dizzy o ring which seems to of cured leak , changed ECU ,AFM and injectors for the correct 1.9 set up , adjusted tps so it now clicks soon as throttle moves but havent checked with multimter yet as i havent got a clue how to use the 1 i brought lol , ive managed to get it running ok on tickover sounds a little better than it used to but i took it for a drive today and guess what the misfire at 3500/4000 rpm through the gears is still there :( and just to comfirm ive also replaced leads and the coil with new 1 and ignition amp with a new bosch 1 , if anyones got any suggestions before i put in garage id appreciate it as im certain it must be something stupid

Thanks

Carl

jackherer

Did you use thermal transfer paste when you fitted the new ignition amp?

denchy33

Yeah mate used thermal paste on old and new amps

Thanks

denchy33

Hi all just another update i finally decided to take it to the garage ... told the guy my misfire problem and gave him a list of things id changed to make easier for him to diagnose and that id have mot done when youve sorted it , then acouple of days later i get a call saying its gonna cost 400 to get it through mot 2 tyres,lowerarm,rearhub,brakelines so i said i ok bit expensive but ok then the next day they say my starter motor dont work ! ( its worked everytime ive tried it ) so said that but perhaps it actually broke on them so new 1 of them 80 ,then i phone them afew more days later and a girl says its passed mot but the mechnic wants talk to u about the running of it so went there after work and he says if cant fix it cos its not are thing ! And just said he can give me a number for another garage that would be able to ! Then the invoice comes out £715 !!! the parts came to 250 ! So now ive got a car with mot that still doesnt work i feel like ive been completly ripped off anyone agree ? Surely u get it running properly then mot ?and shouldnt of said he could fix it if its not there thing ! ? And after phoning the guy he recomended and he said he busy so dont expect it done anytime soon and that he wants a full tank of petrol in it i thought sod this and drove it home ive looked under bonnet and the only things i think it could be that i havent already changed is plugs (pretty new but havent changed since misfire started), fuel pressure regulator and advance n retard vac can anyone think of anything else so far ive changed afm,injectors , ignition amp ,ecu,ht leads,coil, really hoping someone can help doing my head in now lol

Thanks

jackherer

I'll take a look at it sometime, I don't go to Chelmsford as often as I used to but I am going to be there quite a lot in the next few weeks so if you PM me with your phone number I'll get in touch when I'm next there. It's a shame you didn't post this yesterday when I was in Great Baddow...

Out of interest which garage was it?