• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pug309twin40s

405 Mi16 Pictures

Guest Kim_in_Melb
Gorgeous Kim! If you modify that car I wouldn't do anything that can't be changed back to standard at a later date.

11/95? As in November 1995? We didn't have a 405 Mi16 anymore by then, just the Le Mans, which I think ended in December that year.

G'day Kris,

I think the compliance plate is just that....when the vehicle was complianced for sale in Australia (crazy aussie design rules) it may have landed here significantly eariler...but what it means is that no-one had shipped it to a liscenced motor car trader (LMCT) until 11/95 so i assume it had never been driven/owned until december 1995.

Do you think there is more value in an un-modified Mi16?? cos i was really hoping to get some performance work done to the motor at the very least ;-) not easy to find a replacement OE head over here.... ;-) to put it back to standard!

I dont think it is a LeMans model....no numbered plate anywhere i can see ;-)

KAK

Bonez
Gorgeous Kim! If you modify that car I wouldn't do anything that can't be changed back to standard at a later date.

11/95? As in November 1995? We didn't have a 405 Mi16 anymore by then, just the Le Mans, which I think ended in December that year.

G'day Kris,

I think the compliance plate is just that....when the vehicle was complianced for sale in Australia (crazy aussie design rules) it may have landed here significantly eariler...but what it means is that no-one had shipped it to a liscenced motor car trader (LMCT) until 11/95 so i assume it had never been driven/owned until december 1995.

Do you think there is more value in an un-modified Mi16?? cos i was really hoping to get some performance work done to the motor at the very least ;-) not easy to find a replacement OE head over here.... ;-) to put it back to standard!

I dont think it is a LeMans model....no numbered plate anywhere i can see ;-)

KAK

its defo not a le mans as the le mans has no Mi16 badge

personly i think theres more value in a non modified car than a modified one

reson being if a car is for sale modified then its more likely to of been "boy raced"

engine mods on the other hand seem to sell a car better as long as its not major engine mods, what have you got planed for it?

Guest DesMi16
Hey while i have your collective attention....can you buy a new front bumber without the gaping holes cut into it for the headlight washers??  not a real issue in aus and i think it messes up the lines at the front of the car.....and if what im saying is considered to be sacrosanct (you dont take off a factory option) then just ignore that whole paragraph. :D

More pics on the way  B)

Kimbo

Nice car. Wish mine looked that mint. If you can get a bumper off an 88-89 model then they didn't have the headlight washers AFAIK.

KRISKARRERA

Kim, I don't know about in Austrailia but in the uk we had some phase 2 models such as a GTX that had Mi16 bumpers but without the headlamp washers.

Len405

Kris - the GTX had headlight washers. Well my K reg did.

KRISKARRERA

Hmm what was it that didn't then. GLX? STI?

Bonez

kris

the headlight washers where optional on the GTX and GLX i have seen either with and with out

STi / STDT they where standard

KRISKARRERA

Ahh that'll be it then. Crikey, out405knowledged by the Bonez!

Bonez

lol

:P

Baz

My 4bie en route to winning my class in the last AEMC Autocross of last year :D

-and breaking the transfer box! :(

1ff4aa21.jpg

The only pic I can get to work at the minute!!

pug309twin40s
My 4bie en route to winning my class in the last AEMC Autocross of last year :D

-and breaking the transfer box! :(

1ff4aa21.jpg

The only pic I can get to work at the minute!!

pic doesnt work.

cybernck

you can upload it to here...

Baz

Cant seem to upload these Nikica.

Fingers crossed this works!!

AXMiPTQ.jpg

AXMiBPatspeed.jpg

:D

Baz

PS, something a little special behind Michael's yellow sunbeam!!

Bonez

thats a hell of a lot different spolier you had over there! looks shorter than mine!

Jer309GTi

Is that an aftermarket bodykit or standard US spec?

Guest badinfluencemi16

well the spoiler is from a 405 DL or 405 S. it came as an option for those, but not for the mi16. but when i got my mi16 resprayed, i had took the wing off of my old DL, (witch went to the junk already) and i put it on. i think the spoiler looks better than the mi16 spoiler. the sideskirt i got from this kid that had a black mi16 a couple miles away which i bought the car from him. and the front and rear bumper is the original US spec bumpers.

Guest badinfluencemi16

this is my old car that i have no more, which is the exact car the wing came from.

mypugdl.jpg

KRISKARRERA

Those wheels look like the 405 GE wheels.

pug309twin40s

wow them euro 405s loke pretty nice.

the spoiler looks similar to 1 fitted on phase 2 309 gti's

Jer309GTi

Its amazing how much bigger the extended bumpers make the 405 look. The white 405 above looks huge!

Guest badinfluencemi16
Its amazing how much bigger the extended bumpers make the 405 look. The white 405 above looks huge!

WELL I THINK THE BUMPERS ARE THE SAME SIZE, JUST THAT THE ONES IN EUROPE ARE SMOOTH ON THE BACK

James504

Here is my new toy :D . I?ve actually had it for a couple of weeks and this is the first photo I take of it albeit very crappy. Will take more when I clean her tomorrow she is very dirty! S1 1990 Mi16 lux pack, 16 inch 206 gti wheels, Koni yellows and eibach springs, K&n cone. Looks and feels like new. I love it!!

mypic94.jpg

Edited by James504

Borntobewild

Voor a 1990 mi16 it looks great!!!