• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pug309twin40s

405 Mi16 Pictures

Len405

So have you moved the B post and lengthened the front doors?

Or just welded shut the rear doors?

Cant wait for photos!!!!

Jer309GTi

Heres a 3 door T16: :)

post-89-134540316664_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jer309GTi

Guest DesMi16

We started off wanting it to look like a touring car not the Paris-Dakar / Pikes Peak variant. It was when we were discussing how to get the weight down to the same as a 205 that we realised the inner door skin is heavier than the outer skin so out came the angle grinder and off went the inner skin.

We did discuss moving the B post but when we clamped the rear skin in place and hung the front door we realised that 405's are very well proportioned for the 2 door look without moving the B post. The other concern is that by strengthening a moved B post back up we could end up with something heavier than what was already there.

Only problem with the whole project is that my bro is in charge of it and his mind is currently on his respray, throttle bodies and engine work for his own 405.

cybernck
We did discuss moving the B post but when we clamped the rear skin in place and hung the front door we realised that 405's are very well proportioned for the 2 door look without moving the B post.

hmm i don't think so, take a look at matt's 306 sedan coupe and imagine

what it would look like if he didn't take the 3-door doors and rear panels.

obviously you can't do the same with the 405, so you'll end up with short

front doors that also have the wrong shape... believe me, i've also been

thinking of doing it and done some photoshops etc.

just my 2p :).

Guest danzmi16x4

post-0-134540316671_thumb.jpgpost-0-134540316673_thumb.jpgpost-0-134540316675_thumb.jpg

this is my one would hope to put a leather interior into it in the future and maybe some bigger wheels but at the mo she looks sweet

Guest danzmi16x4
Mine, just washed..

Just too bad the pic is 3 years old or something, in the meantime the laquer have started flakin off, so now it looks nasty :(

man those wheels make it look sweet as ah is it lowerd at all??

Guest danzmi16x4
Forgot to say mine was an aussie spec car too. Nope not much rain anymore, and I'm in Queensland! Damn shame about your front air damn DejaVu, I am after a black front aswell, after I ripped the left side off on a concrete car park block <_< . I wish I had a silver Mi16. :(

check out my pics ive got a silver mi16x4 in nz

James504
Forgot to say mine was an aussie spec car too. Nope not much rain anymore, and I'm in Queensland! Damn shame about your front air damn DejaVu, I am after a black front aswell, after I ripped the left side off on a concrete car park block <_< . I wish I had a silver Mi16. :(

What island are you on? Was planing to move over that side of the world later this year and hoping to pick up a nice pug. As I have a brother that lives in auckland and hamilton. Would you consider selling? A Mi16 4bie is very rare in australia indeed! Nice car mate! :D

Guest DesMi16
We did discuss moving the B post but when we clamped the rear skin in place and hung the front door we realised that 405's are very well proportioned for the 2 door look without moving the B post.

Here's a couple of early pics from when it was started. I think that the proportions are good in a subtle way. Also, the fact that we lost 18kg from doing it sets me a long way towards getting a touring car spec 405 that will give even the fastest 205 track cars a nice surprise :D

post-53-134540316676_thumb.jpgpost-53-134540316692_thumb.jpg

Len405

Does look good Des.

My thoughts were to also lower the roof, take out the huge electric sunroof and infil with metal. So to lower it I was going to shorten the roof and rake the A and C posts inwards, keeping the front and rear screens the same size.

Not sure doing it your way the front doors would be long enough to allow access into the rear. But then thats not a consideration for you!

Ummmm are you not putting a roll cage in your car?

That Dakar rally car dont look right! Has the wheelbase been shortened?????

KRISKARRERA

Haha I like the beer cans in the back there!!

The dakar jobbie is same chassis as the 205 T16 I think.

rikky
KRISKARRERA

Ahh that looks like my car's long lost brother! :)

rikky

:lol: getting there with it, just need to figure out what to actually do once i have an engine on my floor as i sure can't afford to have it rebuilt just this second

i'm gonna be on the scour for some leather for it aswell :)

KRISKARRERA

Oh well plenty of time to give that engine bay a darn good clean!

Guest danzmi16x4
:lol: getting there with it, just need to figure out what to actually do once i have an engine on my floor as i sure can't afford to have it rebuilt just this second

is that whats involved to take out the engine or is that just an easy way to do it without an engine stand??

Guest danzmi16x4

What island are you on? Was planing to move over that side of the world later this year and hoping to pick up a nice pug. As I have a brother that lives in auckland and hamilton. Would you consider selling? A Mi16 4bie is very rare in australia indeed! Nice car mate! :D

ha ha not as this stage ah as i havent even owned it for a month ah i am auckland but get in contact wid me when u get here ah

Bonez

is that whats involved to take out the engine or is that just an easy way to do it without an engine stand??

as neal (DES) has always said to me take the front end off makes life a hell of a lot easyer!

which is what will be happening to mine soon as she out a rod though the block the other day :rolleyes:

Guest danzmi16x4

as neal (DES) has always said to me take the front end off makes life a hell of a lot easyer!

which is what will be happening to mine soon as she out a rod though the block the other day :rolleyes:

oh gutted i gotta swap the block as i got some water in the intake and split a cylinder slleve and its easier to swap the block then to replace the sleeves bearings and rings hope i dont end up needing to that though ah lol

rikky

dont even try it without removing the front end. everything is in the way and it's so much easier, even if you have a million bolts that ned to be grinded/sawed/beat off like in my case

removed battery/air intake/clutch cable/slam panel and rad housing/bumper/lights/foglight and washer wiring/hoses/gear likages/zorst manifold bolts/driveshafts/engine mounts/wiring loom completely - and it's now "liftable" once i crane it at weekend (touch wood)

but you'll come across other stuff that's in your way, and spend 5hrs getting a bolt off like i've had to do, and then forget what you were doing originally :lol:

Guest DesMi16
Does look good Des.

My thoughts were to also lower the roof, take out the huge electric sunroof and infil with metal. So to lower it I was going to shorten the roof and rake the A and C posts inwards, keeping the front and rear screens the same size.

Not sure doing it your way the front doors would be long enough to allow access into the rear. But then thats not a consideration for you!

Ummmm are you not putting a roll cage in your car?

That Dakar rally car dont look right! Has the wheelbase been shortened?????

A mate of mine is a roll cage fabricator for Prodrive so i'm hoping that his offer to help with the cage is still available. As soon as the floor is seam welded then it's back onto the cage, interior and weight reduction.

As a road car then the B posts would need to be moved as there definitely would not be enough rear access but as said, not really a problem with only 1 bucket seat in there.

I personally think that the 405 Paris Dakar is a great looking car but is was based around a lengthened 205 T16 chassis to enable it to carry more fuel for powering accross the desert.

Would love to build a Paris Dakar replica but finding the time for a touring car spec is bad enough without fabricating a tubular spaceframe chassis and numerous one off body panels.

Guest DesMi16

That's a bit of a shame mate. I bet you were only plodding around at 20mph when it happened :lol:

Borntobewild

Here's a couple of early pics from when it was started. I think that the proportions are good in a subtle way. Also, the fact that we lost 18kg from doing it sets me a long way towards getting a touring car spec 405 that will give even the fastest 205 track cars a nice surprise :D

Do you've got more pictures or a website of you project?

It's always been a dream for me to convert a 405 to a 2 door car as which was introduced in the USA See my site : http://peugeotheaven.com/thumbnails.php?album=13

And avatar: http://www.borntobewild.nl/avatar/id/190

Edited by Borntobewild

Bonez

That's a bit of a shame mate. I bet you were only plodding around at 20mph when it happened :lol:

well i wasnt driving it! the new owner was

well was new i had the car back off him!

i will do a thread on here telling all about it with pics when we get the engine out.

its a bloody long story :lol:

Sejo

Hi,

well my first post here.

My name is Sejo. I live in Sarajevo, Bosnia. Just like a famous guy called Nikica :) (BTW a nice guy :) )

I own a 405 Mi16 Ph. 1. xu9j4z engine.

As you can see the car i almost standard, in and outside.

Front bumper is custom made, as well as side skirts and front mask.

Engine´s got just a larger TB from a Citroen XM 2.0i. 20% more capacity which you really can feel when you rev over 4000rpm!

See ya

ps sry for my bad english, i don´t spek it well as german or bosnian :unsure: