• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

kyepan

Rolling Road Graph Thread - Post Your's

pug_ham

here's Edbar's 8 valver

SAM_1239.jpg

http://forum.205gtid...ic=124985&st=80

1.9 8v, 1.6 pistons, 11.5-1 IIRC, a suitably lumpy stick and a pair of 45 carbs and tickles head ports.

Interesting, when you consider mine was a shody first attempt at an engine build using standard used 1.9 pistons & rds, low mileage liners & balanced crank, both taken from a factory recon, done 23k, with a hiflow rebuilt head, skimmed, anti reversal ratchet :wacko:, piper 270' cam & vernier & that made 140 on waynes rollers at chipwizards with a group n exhaust, standard manifold, plastic inlet & a ramair foam filter with an induction shorter set up on mp3.1.

post-71-0-05000400-1345585843_thumb.jpg

post-71-0-08567900-1345586645_thumb.jpg

Hope to see more than that next time.

g

saveloy

Hey Fivo,

How's you, man? I've been around, but I don't get back here very often. But sometimes I get the urge to get my fingers dirty!

The 1M is awesome, it has a great deal of mechanical grip and is very responsive. Above all, it's hysterical to be in.

Around town it will return about 22 mpg. And sometimes about 25. It is universally better, everywhere than my previous GTI6. On a run it will do over 35 mpg, and I don't mean at a steady 70 mph. It's strangely good and that makes me smile a little more.

Kyri

16v205

A bit late, but heres mine from a few years ago.

post-247-0-19507700-1345933764_thumb.jpg

Rich

• Like 1

kyepan

was that 1998 displacement, if so well done! who did the BV head? great torque!

welshpug

2140cc build thread

Edited by welshpug
  • Like 1

petert

A mixed bag on the dyno today for my new engine. Sorry I didn't take a pic or get print out. Imagine a straight line from 2500 to 6500, where it made 123kW at the wheels. I was actually amazed at how linear it was. The previous engine made the same power at 7500. From 6500 onwards I struggled with miss hits on the motronic trigger. I need to sort that out and then continue on.

86.50 x 86mm

big valve Mi16 head

48mm TB's

medium size solid cams

+ other goodies

I think that's ok and it's on its way to making something decent. Your thoughts?

Edited by petert

welshpug

what would you call big valve, given they're quite big already? which inlet and exhaust?

petert

Ø36.4 inlet, Ø30.0 exhaust

kyepan

What are the other goodies, compression ratio, and details of the cams? plus what exhaust configuration are you using, and inlet tract length from trumpet to valve?

BV heads have often been discussed and discounted on here, so a graph would also be very useful. Do you think it was going to keep on making more if you increased the revs?

petert

So many questions for something that only revs to 6500!

More specs:

11.8:1

inlet 248º @ 0.050"

exhaust 233 @ 0.050"

inlet tract length unknown, but here's a pic of the previous engine

GTi6 exhaust

It's a head I've been developing over a period of 7 years or so. It's up to it's 3rd evolution and nothing like a standard head with some bigger valves slotted in. The head can safely rev to 10000rpm but the bottom end is limited by the standard crank. I think it will peak somewhere between around 8000.

Here's some info of what's inside the head:

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=126039

post-2864-0-80802600-1347364633_thumb.jpg

Edited by petert
  • Like 1

JeffR

Nice result Peter. You should be happy with that especially with another 1500 revs to play with! When are you back on the dyno again for the full/final tune?

petert

Probably not for a few weeks. I need some time to sort out the trigger issue, which I don't have at present. One solution suggested is to replace the Motonic TDC sensor with a hall effect device of the same physical size. Thus a straight bolt in replacement. It may just be a faulty TDC sensor however.

B1ack_Mi16

This is mine from the 2.3. Apparently on the wheels figures according to the guy doing the mapping and the RR, but I have my doubts to this.

It might even be "just" 250bhp in the engine as far as I know. At least the exhaust manifold which is a standard peugeot 309 gti16 one might be a restricting point.

Cams also might actually be "too" wild, as I'll never rev it past 8000rpm and the power is still climbing.

It's quite fun to drive anyways, ok strong below 3500rpm and insane when it gets "on cam" :)

(well it was insane before, I'm getting used to the power and could use a lot more from 3rd gear upwards, thats why the T16 is in buildings:))

post-3331-0-82777300-1347431453_thumb.jpg

CaptainK

I don't have my rolling road graphs anymore, but I RR'd my standard L reg 1.9 GTi with CAT twice over the years and it was about 98bhp at the wheels and then dropped to 89 ATW.

Then I replaced it with a GTi6 with Catcams and that made 161bhp (fly). Then I got Sandy and Colin to do their magic with their ITBs and a DTA S40 and "tune in" the catcams correctly and it came to 186bhp fly / 155bhp wheels - and it made its power fairly lowish down the rev range as I didn't want it to be too much of a "screamer".

* I think Chipstick might have my RR graphs when my 205 got passed over to him after its accident.

stef205

heres my gti6 supercharged with a eaton m45

3psi 65mm pulley

2.5" exhaust

custom inlet

lucas 380cc injectors

the fainter lines are the standard output @162bhp

Flatbed.jpg

Im far from finished with playing with it, more boost and possible cam upgrades to come!

Edited by stef205

welshpug

nice, peak torque isn't massively up on standard but the curve certainly is!

stef205

i suppose at 3psi it really wouldnt be alot more?

Henry 1.9GTi

Got a new graph now after new engine.

Camerons hybrid lump on plenum (~taken from his emerald graph) vs putting it on TBs

post-8625-0-22280100-1349606121_thumb.jpg

Edited by Henry 1.9GTi

Matteo

Here is the graph taken today on an eddy current brake rolling road :)

1.9 8V on Jetronic and recurved dizzy, Too bad lambda still goes to the lean(14:1) side above 6000 rpm and this limits the max power figure.

rullatamortenera0001.jpg

Spiky

Operator stop just after 6000 as he afr was showing kean, done hill climbs and two track days since and still fine, so gutted he stopped now

pug-graph.jpg

welshpug

you say just after 6k but it goes to 7400?

Spiky

He lifted

Will get a new run and check done this year

laldy875

I got my rebuilt 205 gti6 engine on the rolling road up here at wallace performance. Only modifications is tran-x lsd light setting, and richw flywheel. Car made 188.3bhp @ 6560 at the flywheel, and 163.2bhp @ 6422rpm at the wheels. The dyno is a Dastek, I think it over reads slightly but still some modern cars made 'pap on' standard power so it may be reasonably accurate. Sorry for rubbish picture, I don't have a scanner hererollingroadgraph2213_zps302ec738.jpg

Vili

Here's fresh graph from my current set up.

The actual graphs are wheel figures, the 187 hp and 213 Nm are claimed flywheel figures.

205_S16_zpse035bd4d.png

The specs are:

- XU10J4 block, head, conrods and pistons

- XU9J4 crank

- cat cams '526 inlet cam, std. exhaust cam

- XU9J4 inlet manifold with big 65 mm+24 mm throttle body

- D-I-Y exhaust manifold and 2,5" to 2,0" exhaust

- DTA S60 ecu

- Saab Aero injectors

laldy875

Do you have any idea of the compression your running in the engine?

Is the head close to the wear marks? Did you skim the block? What type of gasket?