• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

kyepan

Rolling Road Graph Thread - Post Your's

Anthony

Interesting, as that's the first proper comparison I've seen on a '6 plenum inlet vs ITB's where everything else is equal, and on a mildly tuned engine it doesn't look like the '6 inlet is too bad at all really, particularly given that there's nothing in it below 5k.

chipstick

Interesting, as that's the first proper comparison I've seen on a '6 plenum inlet vs ITB's where everything else is equal, and on a mildly tuned engine it doesn't look like the '6 inlet is too bad at all really, particularly given that there's nothing in it below 5k.

I will able to provide a similar comparison next week.

Had mine rolling roaded with a standard GTi6 engine in March, and Sandy will be mapping it next week with the ITB's. No other changes inbetween.

I will then take it back to the same people who did it in March to see how much different the figures are to gauge how accurate the existing reading may have been.

kyepan

There's that dip between 3-5k rpm we keep seeing on mi-16s with shorter exhaust manifolds, more pronounced because of the pulse tuning the bodies give..

Edited by kyepan

saveloy

Here are the graphs for my old 1.9 TT. It ran about 1 bar of boost, had a Mi16 lightened/balanced crank, flowed head & OMEX 500 management, amongst other things.

220 BHP @ 5300 rpm & 240 LB/FT TORQUE @ 3815 rpm

post-177-0-91816300-1344940936_thumb.jpg

post-177-0-69479800-1344940974_thumb.jpg

Kyri

• Like 3

saveloy

Kyepan,

Do you know what? It didn't. The car is well known here. Of course it would spin it all away in the wet if I wanted it to, but generally speaking it was very impressive. My GTI6 was far more keen to spin up from a standstill - frustratingly so. And the 205 hung on tenaciously in the corners, so the torque was very usable.

Kyri

Simes

Yep, not much in it until you drive it!!

The difference is right across the range from idle all the way to the top. To coin a phrase throttle response is much improve too and general drivebility.

Simes

Kyepan,

Do you know what? It didn't. The car is well known here. Of course it would spin it all away in the wet if I wanted it to, but generally speaking it was very impressive. My GTI6 was far more keen to spin up from a standstill - frustratingly so. And the 205 hung on tenaciously in the corners, so the torque was very usable.

Kyri

I remember a passenger ride in this back in 2004 - ahaa. :):)

Indeed a very well known car on here and on the PSC - I'll dig out the 4x205GTI magazine feature

(Hello Kyri, are you still based on Portobello road?)

saveloy

I remember a passenger ride in this back in 2004 - ahaa. :):)

Indeed a very well known car on here and on the PSC - I'll dig out the 4x205GTI magazine feature

(Hello Kyri, are you still based on Portobello road?)

Hey Simes,

How are you doing? No, I sold the shop on Portobello Rd. I've been free since January.

You are referring to the Practical Classics feature at Bruntingthorpe. I have a couple of hard copies here. And here is a link to the photos:

http://s1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb348/saveloy/Pugs/

Kyri

Simes

That's the one - great photos too.

Traffic Grand Prix hilarious - happy days!!

saveloy

That's the one - great photos too.

Traffic Grand Prix hilarious - happy days!!

Aaaah yes, them were the days. Dino on video duty - I was with him recently out on a driving trip in Europe.

Kyri

Simes

Yep, I heard you've got an M1 - I'll be joining that club soon albeit in a Touring!

Baz

Bored of it yet Kyri?? :P:lol:

cybernck

Wow, amazing photos from that magazine feature!

I've only seen the engine bay and wheel ones before.

saveloy

cybernck,

It was a fun day & yes, the photos are fabulous.

Alastair,

I don't know about lucky - I had to buy it.

Baz,

Are you s*itting me? Since I've owned it there has barely been a day that I've not jumped in it just for fun. It's like the orgasm that never ends.

Kyri

• Like 3

saveloy

And here are the graphs for a standard & modified 1M.

post-177-0-87515500-1345035019_thumb.jpg

post-177-0-89462500-1345035027_thumb.jpg

Kyri

welshpug

Ooft! What mods?

saveloy

Ooft! What mods?

The purple graph - larger intercooler & exhaust.

The green graph - larger intercooler & exhaust, plus a re-map.

The red graph is standard. But as you can see the figures are higher than the BMW quoted outputs of 340 BHP/370 LB/FT TORQUE, which are conservative.

Most 1Ms produce about 360 BHP & 415 LB/FT TORQUE.

Kyri

• Like 1

Henry 1.9GTi

1.9Mi16

Standard with Colin / Sandy TBs, GTi-6 injectors, Some metal pipe out the rear figures are ATW (hubs)

edit: pic looks rubbish!! will try and improve

ah bollocks to it, I screwed the original image. It was 155bhp 133lb/ft with a flat region in power between 6-7krpm SO THERE!

Edited by Henry 1.9GTi

Baz

figures are ATW (hubs)

;)

kyepan

even if the graph is rubbish still put it up! figures are not as important!

feb

Kyri, where have you been man?

I remember taking me out for a spin in the TT during the RR in Luton, your 205 was flying. Those were the days indeed!

The M1 is awesome and those figures are really impressive, I bet it must be fantastic to drive.

If you drive it without pushing what's the best fuel consumption around town and on a log run?

I think it may be time to get rid of my FSTi, not that I can afford a 1M but a 130 could be the "poor relative" alternative.

Edited by feb