• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Karl

Had Enough Of My Gti6 Wiring Is Shocking

Karl

i havnt done this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is how i got it back :angry: slightly less messy but this is how it now is after a gearbox change

EZ Tutty

Also

808 is for Aircon (not needed)

820 is for The immobiliser (not needed... got knows why it's connected to 808)

and the black un-used plug is normal, my gti6 loom had 2 of those before i removed them, they just have ignition live and ground on them, must be for ABS or something.

i havnt done this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is how i got it back :angry: slightly less messy but this is how it now is after a gearbox change

I wasn't saying your work was poor... i read the whole thread and see that this is the work of someone else.... best of luck with it mate!

Edited by EZ Tutty

Karl

ah thanks any thoughtgs on my cc1 fuel pump wire??

EZ Tutty

CC1 is a loom switched feed so thats right... i think wire 123 should be with this (or connected to another switched live)

Does the engine turn over but not fire up (no spark)? if so i'd say theres a good chance your ECU may have re-locked it's self... which may be caused by wires 820 and/or 821 reciving a spurious signal from something (hence why i find it odd that 820 is connected to 808)

Edited by EZ Tutty

damien

wow!!!

and i thought my loom was "untidy".....

Karl

no ecu is fine when i put cc1 on the battery it starts up fine thn doesnt stop untill i disconect the cc1 frm battery when i plug it in tht brown plug when ignition is on fuel pump primes but doesnt start

Karl

wow!!!

and i thought my loom was "untidy".....

yeh well mine sucks bum holes lol

EZ Tutty

in that case you need to chase back that yellow wire on the brown plug and see where it goes, it sounds like it's not a proper ignition live.

Karl

well an easier one would be could you tell me where i could find an ignition live ?? or pics??

Karl

haha absolutley buzzing got the thing working properly found an unused plug lurking beneath my ecu stuck cc1 iin there and bingo just like miles said under the water bottle so thanks for that and a massive thanks to spiky for getting me started in the right direction and having patience with my limited knowledge lol but also thanks to welshpug for continuinly offering advice thanks to every1 involved in my thred all bee great.....

time to tidy it all up a bit will post some pics of the finished article lol thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!

Spiky

Glad it's working again, great relief for you :)

Karl

yeh and you lol as i wont be pestering u at silly o clock at night asking what wires are and other stupid noobish questions..............................................

although i will be ordering one of your tacho converters and will need talking through that aswell if you wouldnt mind many many many thanks :D 8)

Karl

my wiring puts my auto electrician paul deaks to shame not perfect but tidyer thn it was (not very difficult tho lmao)

newengine1.jpg

my engine bay almost complete

newengine2.jpgthen i just thought id show you all what my car looks like at the moment :D quite pleased after all the money ive speny :Dinside.jpg

inside2.jpg

rear.jpg

front.jpg

Sign in to follow this