• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Karl

Had Enough Of My Gti6 Wiring Is Shocking

Karl

hi guys,

had my 205 for 2 years now and after a year i decided to upgrade to a gti6 :) but eversince ive had no end of problems due to the "mechanic" who said he could do it..... couldnt <_< (tho he did get it to run tho leaving it a mess <_< )so ive been trying to sort it evr since its been running but the wiring is totally shambolic :( the latest on it my gearbox blew up spiting out gears evrywhere i.e. threw the bellhousing, clutch plate and destroyed the flywheel so in turn i decided to upgrade with a veloso clutch and rich w lightened billet flywheel settin me back around 350 gold nuggets :mellow: plus the price of a gearbox soooooo.......

got it all back together after mutch fafing about and now it wont start i rekon that i may have undone some of the dodgy wiring :angry: and been totally crud with electrics, after many hours trying diffrent wires together etc i still cant get her to start.......... :angry:

the bottom line.....

it doesnt spark but the fuel pump primes and the wiring is shocking so ideally im thinking i need some advice on how to get it sparking or i need to send it to some nice expert on a wagon who would be willing to sort the shambolic mess my "mechanic" left behind of course there will be beer tokens involved in this transaction ;) so if somebody can give advice or would like to sort this mess for me im open to help many mnay thanks in advance

Karl,

dcc

It's a very simple engine to wire in. you only need 4 wires connected. Fuel pump to fuel pump, earth. and switched live to the Airbag and Lambda? (i think) wires.

I am sure there are people on the forum close to you who can help for beer tokens!

• Like 1

Karl

yes i know but when you have no idea what wire is going where that complicates thing for a novice like me ^_^

welshpug

if you've had the gearbox off then you need to check the Crank sensor wiring, 3 pin brown plug, as that's the most likely candidate for a non start if you've been faffing inn that area.

Karl

if your refering to the plug which is on the end of the crankshaft sensor it is pluged in i dont believe it is anything to do with the crank sensor :unsure:

dcc

the search function on this forum really is a life saving item...

Luckily for you i have a wiring scheme next to me:

Earth is the green and yellow wire. (M444)

120 is fuel pump

CC1 Airbag (grey/white)

123 lambda (grey/white)

these are all based on 306 looms.

dcc

but if your fuel pump is priming it means the relay is getting power, which means your wiring seems fine...

I would be tempted to find out whats changed from when you took it apart... Have you unplugged knock sensor, crank sensor, coil packs... far to hard to tell at 10.45pm

Karl

many thanks but how do i know what number each wire is :blush: very noobish question i know but thats where im at with electrics :ph34r:

chipstick

Numbers are on the wires near the ends. They may be faded and hard to make out on some. Don't go by colour.

welshpug

on a 306 loom they're printed every few inches so you dont have to worry if someone has chopped the end off.

Karl

sound lads nice 1 will have a look 2morra when its light if i have no luck any takers on my offer to sort it out coz even if i get it sorted the wirind will still be shambolic <_<

Karl

the search function on this forum really is a life saving item...

Luckily for you i have a wiring scheme next to me:

Earth is the green and yellow wire. (M444)

120 is fuel pump

CC1 Airbag (grey/white)

123 lambda (grey/white)

these are all based on 306 looms.

and where exactly would the airbag and lambda go to i have no airbag and it ran without a lambda before so...

chipstick

If its going to cause you that much was scratching, it may be worth ripping out whats there and paying £100 for a plug and play loom.

Spiky

CC1 is not the air bag, think about it, why would you need air bag for a car to run..lol

CC1 is pin 14 of the double relay, with out that it will not run,

it will run without the lambda, but again needs power for the lamdba to work

have you conected up the main 12+ from alt > starter > battery?

have you connected up the shunt box? the two thick brown wires

the sensor on the top of the gearbox, take it off and clean it, and re fit, only a 10mm bolt

you may have a faulty double relay, they are common to break

have you connected up the earths? main one on gearbox to chassis and the one of the passenger side of the head...

sound lads nice 1 will have a look 2morra when its light if i have no luck any takers on my offer to sort it out coz even if i get it sorted the wirind will still be shambolic <_<

if you want me to have a look and fit a tacho loom at the same time?

cover the cost of the tacho loom postage back too?...

Edited by Spiky

Spiky

you got an inertia switch fitted? not tripped that have you?

big button with big red top :)

dcc

air bag and lambda just need switched 12v.

He has said he already has whirring from fuel pump.

nobody has mentioned Air con, lol

Karl

yes you can do mate, its a phase 1 tho, miles has told me its diffrent due to the sensors being part of the car loom or something along those lines, how much would you charge for your services and do you know the estimated cost of transportation.

i know that everything is there to get it going i just dont know what and where lucky for me you guys know aht you are doing ^_^

Karl

you got an inertia switch fitted? not tripped that have you?

big button with big red top :)

im not sure lol i dont think ive come across anything matching that description

Spiky

air bag and lambda just need switched 12v.

He has said he already has whirring from fuel pump.

nobody has mentioned Air con, lol

was a typo ;)

but it's also not air bag, trace the wire ;) it's pin 14 of the double relay, that just need a swiched live

Spiky

yes you can do mate, its a phase 1 tho, miles has told me its diffrent due to the sensors being part of the car loom or something along those lines, how much would you charge for your services and do you know the estimated cost of transportation.

i know that everything is there to get it going i just dont know what and where lucky for me you guys know aht you are doing ^_^

ok, to get the car running, and this is assuming the 306 loom is fine,

put the ignition on and make sure you have 12v on pin 14 of the double realy (remove relay to check)

make sure the starter/alt/battery big cable is fitted ok

on the alt, there should be 2 wire on the bigger terminal, make sure thats fitted

check earths as i said above

the car should start with just that all ok :)

Karl

ok nice 1 thanks alot mate will have a look tommorrow when its light after work, tho i would like it tidying up tbh if you are willing to do it for me if i could get it running i could maybe drive to yours one weekend that your free and get it all sorted inc tacho ;) if not i will get it delivered.

p.s what is pin 14 how do i find it :blush:

Spiky

you know the big relay /black thing, near the ecu, has a red retainer clip,

the fact you getting a priming fuel pump suggests thats getting 12v, but dont hurt to check, just incase the "mechanic" has hard wired the fuel pump

• Like 1

Spiky

driving here and me sorting is not a problem at all :)

just not august, as i'm mental busy..lol

your 250 miles away mind..lol

• Like 1

Karl

if its a plug about an inch or so big, that isnt attached to anything its just flapping about lol

Karl

yeh i know its a bit of a trip but itll be worth it to me i just want my car working and not bodged will see about a date if we get it going if i have to get it delivered i was sort of thinking in the next week or so if possible?? :ph34r:

Sign in to follow this