• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
allye

[engine_work] 205 Xs > Gti6

allye

did you get it finished yet mate?

No, the paint is really rather bad as those on the recent cheddar meet will have witnessed so its going to take a hell of a lot of mopping to get it any where near presentable! Will chuck some photos up when I get it done. Its going well though.

Tandoh

That's fair enough mate. I thought it wasn't too bad looking at the pics, but it's obviously worse than it looks :(

I just have an unhealthy obsession with Rallye's :D

MiniGibbo

Bought a rotary yet lad..?

welshpug

Bought a rotary yet lad..?

:unsure:

rotary-cutaway-220x220.jpg

allye

A charger? naaa, thats spring next year plan.

:unsure:rotary-cutaway-220x220.jpg

You know he means a rotrex WP!

chipstick

Fail. I think he means a rotary polisher if I am reading it the same as Welshpug RE the flat paint :lol:

MiniGibbo

Yup rotary polisher...

sickomotorsport

did you get the bodywork finished yet?

allye

In the process of buying a mop, already got the G3 so we'll see how she comes out! I would like it looking half presentable by pugfest, changed the wheels also for some 5 spoke 206 alloys as I got fed up of the catching on the rear. Don't think they'll stay though I'm after 1.6 alloys really, possibly in white!

I'll get some photos up in the next few weeks.

allye

I still need to get my hands on a rotary polisher, bidding on one at the moment. My G3 arrived also, this along with the poorboys polish and wax I'm hoping will go some way to getting it presentablish!

Here are some photos from when my friend purchased the car from ebay about 3 weeks before I had it off him! He is on here, BenC. Owns a dirty diesel XRDT.

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

I was fed up with the S2 steel wheel catching on the arches so as I said above I purchased pretty much the only peugeot alloys localish! Still want some pepperpots though.

IMG_20120530_194421.jpg

I managed to the put a hole in the radiator also, so I got a new one from a member on here, whilst I was there I also changed the thermostat for the lowest temp one I could find as I don't remember what I put in first time round :lol:

Edited by allye

BusEngineer

Which thermostat did you end up with then Allye as im having a similar problem?? What temp? And from which vehicle?

welshpug

standard one is ideal, 83 degrees.

allye

I'm using a 82 degree one now.

allye

In an effort to get this look presentable for Pugfest next Sunday I finally got round to purchasing a rotary polishing mop. I picked up a Seigen item of ebay for £45 2nd hand, its supposed to retail at £70ish so figured its a half decent one with 6 speed settings. If you look above you'll see just how bad the paint was really flat but I was ever confident it could be brought back from the dead! I sped possibly 90mins just on the bonnet and got it some where handy a little more to go though.

As I mentioned previously the car has done an crazly low amount of miles in the 10 years or so pointing at it was parked up against a wall or something for a while as its got a good side and a bad side;

Good

IMG_20120625_161149.jpg

Bad

IMG_20120625_161250.jpg

Bonnet is getting there

IMG_20120625_161237.jpg

The lovely decals jonnygoodhand produced for me

IMG_20120625_161204.jpg

I got this far then my pad on the mop died after loosing out to the wiper stalk on the boot! So 2 more ordered should be here tomorrow. This is how bad the bonnet was

IMG_20120625_161303.jpg

I've got some pepper pots to go on, just waiting for the bolts to arrive from Mr.Chip stick. Other than finishing the paint this week its good to go for a couple runs up the hill :D

• Like 1

allye

This is going to paint shop next week, I've given up trying to polish it! I should have just done that to start with!

sickomotorsport

Thought it looked a bit too far gone, sure it will be worth it in the end, what all is getting done?

allye

Not sure what he's doing, just asked him to cut it back and see what he can do with it! I'll give it a polish and a couple layers of wax when I get it back, needs serious protection!

Jarrus

Looks nice mate, shame about your Rallye,

Have you got a longer gear stick in that?

allye

Righto, This went to a local body shop for a mop and came back looking 100% better, still milky in places but now presentable at least. I've been giving it regular waxing to give it a fighting chance of not going milky again. I was going to change the wheels for some pepper pots but like these 206 items now. Just taken some photo's to sell it :( so thought I would chuck them up. Really don't want to sell but its financing my winter in Australia so needs must. Got my heart set on a laser GTI when I come back in April any way! :D

IMG_4942.jpg

IMG_4944.jpg

IMG_4946.jpg

IMG_4953.jpg

IMG_4951.jpg

IMG_4956.jpg

Had some good times in this one, now time to let some one else enjoy her before I put it in a field :ph34r::blush:

Edited by allye
  • Like 1

Jarrus

It's really nice that one mate, shame you have to sell it... after all that work...