• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Simes

Old Pictures Of Your 205

hatemgti

These were in 2005.

post-13930-0-93913300-1323822728_thumb.jpg

post-13930-0-53369100-1323822751_thumb.jpg

feb

The pics of Buchanan was what I was talking about :)

In the second and third pic you can see me and my now wife looking surprised and taking pics of someone on the floor.

Can you guess who is under the car replacing the beam? It's not that difficult ;)

It also explains why I couldn't find the pics anywere as the camera had a film in it.

The 4th photo by the lake is on my wall.

Edited by feb

buchanan84

yeh, was a good day that... i seem to remember turning the BBQ into a campfire later on and someone slept in their car (caged with bucket seats!!)

Dont worry Baz, as I said there is a plan...

though plenty of mates are betting against it - every year it gets threatened with a demolision derby we have at a mates farm :unsure:

biggest hold up is finding somewhere (cheap and close) to work on it, as I'm pretty sure its going to turn into a major project :ph34r:B)

Anthony

yeh, was a good day that... i seem to remember turning the BBQ into a campfire later on and someone slept in their car (caged with bucket seats!!)

That was Paul Higgs (205Turbo) - there was much amusement the following morning witnessing a very broken man who had discovered the hard way that bucket seats crippple you for anything more than a quick nap :lol:

maxi

Some lovely pictures here bringing back some wonderful memories. Most of the earlier pics are from the "goldenage" of the forum, around 2004, South meets, RR days and most unforgetable of all "that" track session at FCS where the whole forum seemed to be out trying prove who was the fastest! :lol::D

The 205 GTi and this forum has really given me some brilliant experiences.

It must be about time we had another south meet...surely?

Maxi

maxi

Was about to dig out some photos but Feb beat me to it :lol: with my old & current car in his thread. HTU's looking sorry for herself right now but likely to head to the painter to be done properly in the new year.

Please say you are going back to a bodycoloured kit/trim?!?!?!? This car really did look its best when it was in its glory days with the extra bodycolouring.

Maxi

Para

dsc0009udl.jpg

dsc01057c.jpg

My Old 205 S16 which I unfortunately SOLD to a moron who crashed it week after and send me this video....

eddie bullit

What an idiot! Not a nice way to see a previous car go. :ph34r:

Baz

Video uploaded by 'drinkjunkie2009' - says it all really!

Daviewonder

dsc0009udl.jpg

I love this photo :wub:

Makes me want to get my red 1.9 on the road.

Anthony

Some lovely pictures here bringing back some wonderful memories. Most of the earlier pics are from the "goldenage" of the forum, around 2004, South meets, RR days and most unforgetable of all "that" track session at FCS where the whole forum seemed to be out trying prove who was the fastest! :lol::D

The 205 GTi and this forum has really given me some brilliant experiences.

It must be about time we had another south meet...surely?

Agreed that the mid-00's were the golden age - 205's were plentiful and readily available, many people used and enjoyed them daily, and there was somehow a level of enthusiasm about going and doing that seemed to drop off around the same time that prices rose and many people started restoring. It's not of course to say that there isn't plenty of enthusiasm and passion for these little tin cans now - of course there is - but somehow it's different.

And to a degree, without meaning to sound like I'm blowing smoke up your a**e, SLA in many ways summed up that period well and is curiously absent so far...

img1044q.jpg

As for a South meet, we'll certainly have to do another in 2012 - I'd suggest around April/May sort of time :)

chipstick

That first pic by Miles, the group outside the yellow Hotel in France..

I viewed it yesterday lunch having a browse, and last night I was having a clear out and found an old classic car mag from 2004 with a 205 20th Anniversary feature. Opened it up and saw that exact picture. Also of that Dino etc on the motorway.

I presume Anthony/Miles etc must have sent the photo's in or of been connected with writing the article, but I can scan the other pictures in if it's of interest to anyone.

Anthony

I presume Anthony/Miles etc must have sent the photo's in or of been connected with writing the article, but I can scan the other pictures in if it's of interest to anyone.

No, even better than that - John Simister who wrote the article was also on the trip and is a member of this forum, with a tidy D-plate 1.9 Graphite :)

There was an excellent article about the trip in the Independant newspaper too, which I have scanned somewhere (and my car is in the main photo)

Daviewonder

img1044q.jpg

Did this car end up in a scrapyard?

Simes

Did this car end up in a scrapyard?

Ha ha South meet - "passenger rides"

allye

As for a South meet, we'll certainly have to do another in 2012 - I'd suggest around April/May sort of time :)

Yes! :)

I'd be well up for this.

feb

Ha ha South meet - "passenger rides"

YEEEHAA!

happy2.gif

Edited by feb

damien

No, even better than that - John Simister who wrote the article was also on the trip and is a member of this forum, with a tidy D-plate 1.9 Graphite :)

There was an excellent article about the trip in the Independant newspaper too, which I have scanned somewhere (and my car is in the main photo)

anniversaryj.jpg

Anthony

That's the one - thanks Damien :)

kingboyk

Great article, thanks for scanning Damien.

pug_ham

I've some old ones somewhere from my first trackday at Brands hatch when my black 205 was still a 1.6 with full interior, induction kit & PTS group N exhaust!!

I think Simes, Jon murgie & a few others were there also & in the pictures.

I've some from an early FCS at stamford hall iirc with Martin's (crf450) Mi on bodies & DTA along with a fair few other old timers & also old Pugfest pics.

Once I find them I'll post them up.

g

maxi

Thanks for that pic Ant! The SLA never ended up in a scrapyard, I still have it and it still has 16valves...... ;) A deer walked out in front of me at full throttle in 3rd gear, needless to say it did a bit of damadge.

Maxi

pug_ham

Well I've had a good look through old CD's & DVD's of saved files & as yet I can't find the shots from Brands hatch but I did find a few from the Stamford hall FCS;

Miles's CTI;

milescti.th.jpg

Singh's T16 replica;

singht16.th.jpg

Mez705's (iirc) Miami;

mez205.th.jpg

Rob The Sparky's 1.9;

robts.th.jpg

The train of us leaving Stamford hall;

trainb.th.jpg

Perfecto pugs STDT in front of me.

Daz_C's old phase 1 beast (now dead);

dazce.th.jpg

The forum stand;

pugline.th.jpg

More to follow from later FCXS at Bruntingthorpe & a few from Pugfests.

g

pug_ham

My first FCS track session;

dsc3347vi.th.jpg

Me leading Stew_205 & C_W (but not for long);

dsc1171v.th.jpg

Simes car;

simes.th.jpg

Pugs parked at the only South Meet I've been to afaik;

pugparking.th.jpg

NickR's old SBC 1.9 at Pugfest 04;

spugfest.th.jpg

The early days of my pug also at Pugfest (afaik) before I turned it into a more track based car;

myshinypug.th.jpg

I'll keep searching for the Brands hatch day paddock pics & post them when I find them.

g