• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Simes

Old Pictures Of Your 205

Simes

Having a trawl through some photo's and thinking about old meets we used to have on this forum.....

Here's some I found

2171562830056984843S500x500Q85.jpg

Mine and my best friends 309GTI - note petrol prices.

2349799710056984843S500x500Q85.jpg

RR session back in 2004

2550253020056984843S500x500Q85.jpg

RR session back in 2004

2763250080056984843S500x500Q85.jpg

South Meet 2004 /5

2004887830056984843S500x500Q85.jpg

Throttle response!!!

Anyone else got any "back in the day photos" - Anthony....I'm sure you have a few!

ash mi16

i remember then petrol was that cheap :/ wish it still was

Anthony

Anyone else got any "back in the day photos" - Anthony....I'm sure you have a few!

Lots! I'll have a dig through, as most of the older photos aren't on this machine :)

(I chuckled at the throttle response gag though, even though it'll be lost on anyone but the forum old timers)

GLPoomobile

I wasn't privvy to what started "throttle response" but I remember everyone taking the piss out of Dino for ever more, so that comment made me smile too ^_^

Anthony

I'll start with a few of 205's that I used to own and now belong to other forum members...

IMG_9215.sized.jpg

The ever-trusty white non-sunny I owned for 6 years that now belongs to Feb built to Skip Brown GTi-S spec

IMG_3293.sized.jpg

Feb's old 205 that I bought, ended up putting back to standard, and then sold to Andy_C

DSC_4248.sized.jpg

My old 205 Mi16 at the PSOOC Anglesey trackday in '04, that was put back to standard and sold to Happygoron a few years later

IMG_8018.sized.jpg

A non-sunroof Cherry red - NNO - that was sold to Easypug which he converted to Turbo Technics power.

IMG_1256.sized.jpg

My old 205 XS that was a hugely under-rated car, and which I regret selling - now belongs to Alastairh's sister

IMG_8731.sized.jpg

Limited Edition Miami that Alan_M bought from me and promptly bastardised into a stripped and caged 205 Mi16

feb

Same here, I don't know the details but it was around when he had his first Mi16 conversion if I am not mistaken so I assume it had to do with it?

Edited by feb

Anthony

Same here, I don't know the details but it was around when he had his first Mi16 conversion if I am not mistaken so I assume it had to do with it.

No, it was long before that - basically, every mod that Dino did to his old 8v he always claimed that it had improved the throttle response, and in the end we used to just take the piss - "did the respray improve the throttle response?" and the like. He was a good sport though given the stick he took over than and the endless kabab jokes that were made at his expense... :lol:

feb

The good old times!

I have a couple of pictures of my first Trio Plus and some more from HTU but I need to scan them.

The "oldest" one of HTU that was sold to Anthony I have handy right now:

205gti002resized.jpg

Edited by feb

allye

This is the oldest I have, only 2 1/2 years old though :rolleyes:

asigotit.jpg

Paul_13

This is the oldest I have, only 2 1/2 years old though :rolleyes:

image004j.th.jpg

Same

Lost all the other pictures thanks to the bloke who 'fixed' my computer

Well it's older but not a complete 205 :lol:

dsc00397xnl.th.jpg

Few others

th_DSC03752.jpg

th_DSC03749.jpg

th_DSC03738.jpg

th_DSC03761.jpg

Edited by Paul_13

Anthony

A few from the PSOOC 205 20th Anniversary trip back in 2004...

img4640s.jpg

Outside the old Reims GP circuit as it was prior to the refurbishment a few years back

img4747s.jpg

The British and Dutch causing choas at a French petrol station

img4851st.jpg

On top of the Grand Ballon mountain

img4861s.jpg

Forum reprobates (L-R) - Miles Dad, Miles, Alan_M, someone's other half, someone whose name completely escapes me (sorry!), and Dino

Miles

Some where in the Mountains

SNAP

post-43-0-16713400-1323554094_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Miles

Anthony

And one that Alan_M mentioned a few weeks ago in a post from the PSOOC Four Nations tour in 2005

img9025s.jpg

Back when a Porsche Carrera GT was brand spanking new, and there we were in a slightly sheddy 205 next to it in the carpark of the Nurburgring Dorint :lol:

(I'm sure Henry Yorke will have some much better photos of that trip, including me stripping down the beam in a French hotel carpark one evening)

Anthony

Alan_M and Garry_205 following Dino (with me as passenger taking photos) to the Nurburgring for the Old Timers GP back in August 2005

img9581s.jpg

My old 309 GTi having lost its fight against an angle grinder, with my Phase 1 405 SRi in the background - a great car, if probably nearly extinct these days :(

img0538s.jpg

And one for Feb from the PSOOC meet in October 2005 - his old 205 GTi-S before he sold it the first time around. I forgot how clean that car was back then!

img1126s.jpg

Baz

There's a few there i recognise but had forgotton! Pretty sure the Miami on the right in Simes' South meet pic was mine, and i spy BTX with a set of T16 rims! :)

I don't really have any decent pics previous to around '06. And none of them are on par with some of these!! :(

Pair of blacks i owned around '01

th_Image016.jpg

Crap pic but my first 1.9 - freshly bare-shell rebuilt '03 iirc.

F791TVC.jpg

Grey & black ones

th_2pugsfrt.jpg

Obligatory 'parking at Brunnchen' pic '09

th_DSC00979.jpg

Having a break from thrashing the old forum-whore, affectionately known as 'Red' at Donington '06 iirc - i never actually owned it but was one of many that extensively 'sampled' it!

th_IMG_3868.jpg

The old wheeler dealer's shed at Combe around '07

th_RetroBFW2.jpg

Trackday a Anglesey '06-ish

IMG_2030.jpg

Marham '08, PSOOC photoshoot

th_141.jpg

'JKP' Miami Mi, grainy pic but i like it. '05

DSC00008-1.jpg

Edited by Baz
  • Like 1

Simes

No, it was long before that - basically, every mod that Dino did to his old 8v he always claimed that it had improved the throttle response, and in the end we used to just take the piss - "did the respray improve the throttle response?" and the like. He was a good sport though given the stick he took over than and the endless kabab jokes that were made at his expense... :lol:

I think the VAG throttle body started it off.

Simes

Quote Miles photo

post-43-0-69584100-1323552576_thumb.jpg

BTX - Miles I remember this car going way over the speedo along a certain motorway! Had that Mi16 with 2.0 inlet.

EPC - Next to it in the background just when it had it's 8v engine converted to Mi16 - my old car :(

Anthony

From way back in 2003, my 205 1.9 GTi in the Scottish Highlands...

IMG_0562.sized.jpg

I love that picture, although the small version above really doesn't do it justice :wub:

Anthony

I think the VAG throttle body started it off.

That was certainly a continuation of it on the Mi16, but it definitely started back when he had his 1.9 8v.

damien

this is the oldest stuff i have

5408374.jpg

24845657.jpg

glade she is back to standard......ish

Edited by damien

Paul_13

/\ none of that appeared

Miles

Dino's VAG Body and Simons old 'ECP'

post-43-0-53126300-1323564835_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-88654500-1323565007_thumb.jpg