• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie

The "whats Going On With Your 205?" Thread

Lan

I love my sunroof, always use it, doesn't leak and I'm led to believe it has no effect on handerling!

thats a nice hidden sunroof though, not that heavy ugly vacuum thing which ruins the lines of the car imo

pug_ham

The current state of my 205 is all covered here but basically I'm on the final stages of completing the "quick engine swap" started last August.

Taxed, tested & insured but a few little jobs still to do before its done & then phase 2 can start a month or two after its finsihed & been used (fuel tank side panels & sills).

Even after the small runs to the MOT station last month have reminded me of what I'm missing & I can't wait to be able to use it again as I choose before the return of winter.

Hopefully this year it'll be resting in a garage though. :)

g

Cameron

Vaccum sunroof is the best thing ever IMO and looks great with the lines of the car. :P

Those pissy little aftermarket ones are rubbish! Always leaking, can't cover them up when you don't want the sun beating down on you from above, and barely open enough to stick your hand out. I can wave my arms about in the air like a lunatic if I wanted to. :D

Alastairh

My sorrento is currently waiting for me to fit the rebuilt rear breaks I have for it. Swap the drivers seat over and Mot. It's just been to the body shop and had all the front end painted, just lack of time with the new boy turning up and the Audi I've picked up cheap.

Al

kyepan

Mine is sat waiting for a new exhaust and eventually a new engine.. it's been waiting for a new engine for three years, due to a slight water leak from the block. I want to sell it but am balls deep in the engine build, far too deep to pull out without making an expensive mess everywhere.

The exhaust is coming, slowly.

Lan

I can wave my arms about in the air like a lunatic if I wanted to. :D

lol :D, the only thing I enjoyed about my vacuum sunroof was the hissing noises lol! so i ditched it

allye

Those pissy little aftermarket ones are rubbish! Always leaking, can't cover them up when you don't want the sun beating down on you from above, and barely open enough to stick your hand out. I can wave my arms about in the air like a lunatic if I wanted to. :D

Actually I can take my sunroof completely out very easily and put it on the back seat! Not practical and I get some funny looks though!!

Actually I can take my sunroof completely out very easily and put it on the back seat! Not practical and I get some funny looks though!!

Alan_M

205s getting driven everyday whilst I get my free 306 ready for MOT. Once the 306 is on the road, the 205 will get a rest in the garage. Needs surface rust sorting on it, and a good strip down & rebuild.

It's going to be frustrating going from a stripped Mi16 to a 1.4 306 <_<

Arahan

WOOOOOOOOOO!!! Think mines going to be finished for Pugfest!

Just had to say :)

jackflash

Mines just sped through 219K and is being used every day, seems to have devleoped a gearbox leak that I thought I'd cured but apparently not!

Come next summer I think a engine rebuild might be the order of the day although I've got no time or space to do it--Can anybody recommend someone that could do it for me?

james_pug

My dimma passed it's mot a couple of weeks ago an I've spent this morning cleaning it for pugfest

017f4817.jpg

My convertible is slowly getting there spent quite abit of time on it recently, subframes all finished and bolted on just extending some wires on the engine loom

87641e15.jpg

My red 1.9 is sat under a cover at a farm I need to pick it up soon and do a few jobs on it.

kilauea

I've been mostly fiddling with my vw bus, but I've just finished fitting new starter and cleaning up earth points and connections. Starts and ticks over great now.

Got some cosmetics to sort out - driving lights, a little rust in rear arch, plasticare trim and then MOT. Then I need to decide what to do with it - keep or sell it. I want to keep it, but tax and insurance on 3 motors is a bit excessive, but given the money and effort I've put in I should get at least one good year out of it.

mikeygulley

My GTI is getting a full respray this week. Will putting 2 new wheel bearings in and changing a drive shaft before the MOT at the end of next week. :wacko: Not sure if it will be ready in though!

Sandy

205 Rallye is still on axle stands in the garage, pending engine/box/suspension/brakes work. I think about it alot, but little time to do anything.

Baz

What happened to your 309 then Sandy?? :unsure:

Cameron

Getting there.. :D

DSC02027.jpg

Edit: Just noticed this pic makes my garage look incredibly tidy.. it really isn't! :lol:

Edited by Cameron

Sandy

What happened to your 309 then Sandy?? :unsure:

I had to make a decision, and it has been scrapped I'm afraid, with a heavy heart.

Miles

Compete engine bay over haul and rebuild on my Red CTi, From a simple head gasket to new block etc but with everything Powder coated and or re-finished she'll look better than new under there

GeorgeXS

P1040018.jpg

Slowly getting there with bodywork repairs!

dcc

*gulp*

P1010657.jpg?t=1311715869

grantley1988

IMG-20110704-00154.jpg

Mine has just been written off! Now arguing on the value!!!

Obey_R

After all the work doing head gasket and cambelt myself, it turns out there are still underlying problems! So tomorrow I will be fitting a set of twin 40 Dellortos to hopefully get rid of my induction woes!

Baz

I wrote this for my project thread, but it kinda fits & follows on from my last post in here! :)

My Longman 8v 205 was being mapped and looked to be making decent power until we discovered the head gasket had let go, number 3 cylinder filling with coolant. :( So it's been tucked away again waiting for the head to be whipped off & sorted.

So with that in mind, my legendary little blue 1.6 would have to be called upon for me to continue competing. It's been fantasticly reliable for the best part of the last 4 years, not to mention cheshire cat like grin-inducing fun, as well being as ridiculously quick for what should be an asthmatic old 1.6, but i felt it about time i give it a well overdue birthday and treat it to a bit of a spruce up, consisting of a bit more power and a way to lay it down, especially since it's now becoming a little obvious that it's not quite up to the pace, as i'm (only! :blush: ) second in class in the 2 championships i'm competing this year. Naturally i'll be doing a few other little jobs along the way too! :)

It's been such a hard decision as i've always wanted to whack an Mi in it & the 1.6 engine has always been miles better than most average 1.9's, so i've always worried if i fit another 8v i'll end up with an engine worse than the one i remove!! Since i'm currently competing in a mostly 'standard' class, an 8v is the only option, so that rules out the Mi.

So massive thanks go to Anthony as I've had a standard but reliability proven & quick 1.9 sat around for a while that i got from him. It's quite well known having been in a few cars before; namely James_R's old black track car 'BTX' (that Kenno now owns), then the slag 'NNO' that was passed around a bit & now easypug owns, so makes perfect sense for it to make it's new home in another slutty old dog! :lol: It had a cambelt, water pump & tensioner not long before it was removed from the previous car it was in and they still look to be in great order.

th_A90429CF-orig.jpg

I put in a bit of time here and there last week, prepping it as it was basically bare, refitting it with bits i've had lying around, a Ph2 thermostat housing & inlet with coil mount, a few painted bits & bobs (i usually hate this unless done well tbh, but they're kicking about and look better than dirty old crap so i don't really care!).

th_3BFDF76E-orig.jpg

Then last night whipped the 1.6 out of the blue 205! I've also cleaned & mated my rebuilt be3 1.6 gearbox fitted with a Kaaz plate diff to the engine, encasing a 1.6 flywheel & nearly new Valeo Clutch kit i had kicking about.

th_7B6E816D-orig.jpg

I'll be retaining the 1.6 management but with 1.9 dizzy with a new, working vacuum advance capsule & o-ring seal as the ones on the 1.6 had recently failed! All new service items of course; engine & box oil, filter, plugs, dizzy cap, rotor arm, 82deg 'stat, alternator belt and the 1.6 recently had new coilpack, ignition amp, leads, TPS etc. I'd like to have some reconditioned/new injectors too, but some from a 55k car have been fitted for now, they should be good for a while at least. The battery tray's had a quick clean up, rust treatment & paint too. I'll also be replacing some fuel hoses, the filter was replaced on the car less than 1k ago.

I'll update in due course, i have an event at Lotus' Test Track this Sunday at Hethel, which i'm looking forward to immensely & obviously have a few hours to put in on the car first! This event last year i was in the Longman engined red 205 in the Modified class so punching above it's weight, (it's built to fit in the 'standard' class regs) especially as there was a couple of Westerhams there with c300bhp engine, 6spd flat shift sequentials etc. in my class for some strange reason, so obviously had my ass handed to me! -_-

Edited by Baz

pugpete1108

just reangled my git6 manifold;

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

excuse the crap welding.

also found out that the tolerances on these 205's differ quite a bit. my old shell the exaust hit the bulkhead in the std postion but on this one was miles away?? shame i didnt check before i made the cuts to the manifold :blush: . oh well it has even more room now