• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie

The "whats Going On With Your 205?" Thread

Richie

I thought it'd be nice to have a thread to see what everyone is up to with their cars.

So, just post the latest developments with your 205's. Doesn't have to be an essay just a little snippet will do. Maybe put your latest picture. I know things have been a little quieter round these parts so it'd be nice to see whats going on with peoples pugs.

Im just waiting for the 205 to come out of the bodyshop crossing my fingers its painted for pugfest. I'm plagued with bad luck lately so im not holding my breath. It had a fair bit of rust to remove on the sills. Then i need to sort out a new lion badge on the front grille and get some new mats. Staying "OE" but im a purist so whatever. :)

pre paint, bye bye laquer peal, helllllllo proper cherry red

smaller2.jpg*

...........begin :)

maturin23

My car is with Kieran (JackHerer) having some preventative maintenance and general TLC after an attempted theft :)

Off the top of my head he's fitting a new door, new lockset, new steering pump (Xsara quick rack), rewired engine loom including new connnectors, rewired under the dash, new immobiliser, new front shocks/springs, top mount bearings, new droplinks, new engine mounts - I'm sure there's more :)

edited to say: also new Toyo tyres too

Looking forward to getting the old girl back and giving her a spanking :)

Edited by maturin23

Daviewonder

Waiting for a dry day to start work on my big end bearings :(

Henry Yorke

Sat in the garage with the roof off and some flies stuck to the front from the last Peak Run which need scraping off before Pugfest. New boot strut fitted a couple of months back. and a hood a few months prior to that. Nothing really needs doing to it apart from some surface bubbling where the quarters jojn the sills. Might put the rear mudflaps on it again. Still tempted to put the 180 wheels on again, but need a refurb, raise the back and get some tyres

post-3457-0-82155200-1310819620_thumb.jpgpost-3457-0-50187500-1310819615_thumb.jpg post-3457-0-26968700-1310819751_thumb.jpg

Fox

utf-8BSU1BRzA1NDkuanBn.jpg

It's in bits!

lagonda

CTi has been running well, at least repaying all the work I put into it over a year & a half.

So....been feeling sort of guilty. Driver's side mudflap upper bolt broke 3 years ago....just when we were run off our feet trying to move to France. So just araldited the bolt head & washer back on. Yes...it lasted about 10 minutes.

So...let's fix it! Mudflap almost rubbing on tyre now. Pleased to discover there's another large washer, prise that out & reveal almost enough bolt thread to get the mole grips on. Dowse with Plusgas penetrating oil (noting joke comment on can that it will free up most rusted up nuts & bolts in seconds...liars!). 3 days of regular applications & still no movement. In the end, tap lightly with hammer & drift. Oh great...it's one of those pathetic Peugeot mickey mouse captive nuts which is "captive" only by means of mild swaging! Gits! Needless to say it just falls through into the inner wing, but retrieved easily. Unbelievably the threads still only part after a severe pounding with a club hammer..enough to distort the stupid nut, but luckily I have a tap to clean the thread up. Can't weld or braze it back in as that would damage wing galvanising, so just glue it back, & eventually job's done. It would have been easier & at least as good an engineering job if the mudflap was just popped in place with a plastic plug.

End of story? Of course not! Had to remove the wheel for access....grease everywhere! Driveshaft boot has split. Great. I thought it looked as if it had been fitted too stretched, so I was right...but at least it's lasted since 2004. Ho hum.

Do they have A GSF equivalent in France?!

Baz

Been out of action for a little longer than i'd hoped, hopefully being mapped on Monday. :)

th_E52094BB-orig.jpg

Arahan

Mines still sat in my mates garage, same place it was that made me miss the North West Rolling Road meet :(

Fingers crossed it will be done in time for Pugfest though now I've got the high pressure oil feed from MattyGTI :)

p.s. the plate has been there since I bought the car, couldn't be bothered moving it! But when I get it back my shiny new pressed metal French style ones will be going on and in the correct place!

Image0457--2.jpg

Edited by Arahan

steve@cornwall

Gti waiting for another set of wishbone bushes ( it's favourite meal) but otherwise fine and in daily use.

CTi has had it's engine swap and is 95% ready for it's first MOt in 2 years - have a slight blow on exhaust joint and the passengers side door handle is seized again.

The 1.1 is soldiering on, being used for everything you wouldn't use a decent car for - seems virtually unbreakable!

GLPoomobile

Mine's sat under cover as per usual. Not much likely to happen to it this year either, as I'm beyond skint, and have to prioritise some work on the Alfa instead.

Althought there are some simple things I could do with the 205 for free, I find it so difficult to motivate myself (same old story).

Anthony

White '89 GTi - finished rebuilding and installing its new engine last weekend and was having a ball using it for work last week to get some miles on it. The living room floor is currently covered in the wiring spaghetti that'll form the loom to convert it to Emerald K3 management and get rid of the Jetronic management and clockwork dizzy.

Black '92 GTi - Back on four wheels again and sat around the back of the house awaiting some time to carry on rebuilding it. Next jobs on the agenda are to fit an engine and gearbox back in, and to drop the beam and fuel tank off to tackle whatever rust I find lurking behind there. Hoping to have it back on the road briefly later this year before it gets put away over Winter.

Obey_R

Been using it as my daily driver until a month ago when the head gasket went. Have since found cracked head, broken starter and wrong waterpump! Still biking to work, 600 miles a month... :angry:

jackherer

Off the top of my head he's fitting a new door, new lockset, new steering pump (Xsara quick rack), rewired engine loom including new connnectors, rewired under the dash, new immobiliser, new front shocks/springs, top mount bearings, new droplinks, new engine mounts - I'm sure there's more :)

Rebuilt front seat frames, Rebuilt both wiper motors and axles etc, realigned bonnet hinges, repaired battery tray, new scuttle panel, un-seized trackrod end and set tracking properly, fitted all bulkhead grommets properly - I'm sure there's more too, I'll try to remember them and point them out when I give it back to you ;)

allye

Mot'd last week and being daily driven for the first time since last September, running great, stupidly quick.

Need to give it a deep clean and polish, put stickers and arches on, make gauges work, give the rear arches some light encouragement with mallet or cut them back to stop scrubbing. :)

Ali

damien

replacing this tapper -

20110716184400.th.jpg

with this non tapper (so ive been told by the seller) -

20110716184503.th.jpg

the better half has been painting up the engine bay for me -

20110716184526.th.jpg

she done the wheel arches and calipers too -

20110716184611.th.jpg

an't she good to me :D

i need to decide on what im doing with the wiring and start sorting out the replacment engine i.e painting it and refitting

BERTMAN

the GT: currently sat on axle stands half way through a rebuild... trying to get it ready for pugfest but looking unlikely!

the XS: just a shell in my garage at the min, no idea what im going to do with it!

flipperthebushkangaroo

Unfortunatly nothing at all, have sort of stalled on the restoration about ready to drop the engine and crack on with the welding and wiring but never seem to have the time lately, really don't want it to be a failed resto that rots away so need to get off my ar$e and get on with it!!!

Atari Boy

Nice thread idea.

'89 Red 205 GTi - just past it's MOT (no advisories). New droplinks fitted and battery earth cable - all ready for Pugfest.

'88 Graphite 205 GTi - currenly with Carl Chambers undergoing overhaul, beam replaced, rust sorted, head replaced, cam belt done (204,000 miles and on original water pump!) Clutch, rad, and wheels needed for MOT.

cRaig

My 205 is finally back with me, in its new home, a double longitudinal garage, the major plus point of the new house ive just moved into :)

dscf2958.jpg

dscf2959t.jpg

dscf2963j.jpg

No progress on the 205, as such, but getting the car, and all the boxes and boxes of parts I have back in one place together is a major milestone. Am busy getting the garage organised, its cleaned and painted, have built a workbench, installed an Aco drain to keep it dry. Once the house is done I can crack on with the car in September :)

mrmike123445

Mine is sat on the Drive waiting for me to get payed next week. Almost finished though, only need wheels repainting, another pair of Tyres, and beam lowering then its Mot time. Can't wait. I've not had a car of my own since i got it in January, Its been off the road almost 10 yrs!

Gone from this

DSC00194-1.jpg

To this

IMAG0283.jpg

IMAG0014.jpg

Masekwm

Mine is now on the road, the tax is due to expire and it's done about 20 miles in the last 6 months! Still got to redo the alt belt & fit my lightened crank pulley.

Going to change the exhaust at the end of the month to a quieter system as it's a bit too chav atm.

Then the plan is to enjoy it instead of fixing it! Want to actually use it for a change!

pugpete1108

i managed to bolt something back on mine yesterday, ok it was only the gear lever assembly but its something :lol:

been busy painting and cleaning lots of bits even the bits that will never been seen again once fitted.

Bogsye

My restoration has stalled for the moment.

New house has got in the way - massive amount of work, and a baby on the way, which is due any day now.

On the plus side my new house has a garage to get the car into, so that's way better in comparison to my parent's driveway, and much more convenient to grab 20 minutes here and there. Not to far from re-assembling, so that's not too depressing.

Most recent progress would be a new keyring :lol:

Can't wait to get it back up and running!!

Brian

u47sb2

D223 - in pieces as it has been since it's last rally one year ago. Bent steering rack replaced,gearbox out awaiting rebuild (going to transmission folk next week), now needs a bit of welding done. Hmmm... might get there one day!

F375 - apart from an intermittent creak from the rear end, probably the beam, it's running like a dream with no electrical faults at all. Looking at tackling the 50p sized piece of rust at the rear quarter soon. Oh, and need to get the front wheels balanced.

Other than that I find myself hunting for an elusive 1.9 in laser green - my dream colour - to add to the collection.

feb

Been out of action for a little longer than i'd hoped, hopefully being mapped on Monday. :)

th_E52094BB-orig.jpg

Who's mapping this Baz and what's the spec? Post the results when ready!