• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Anthony

Dwindling Numbers...

large

So for every 12,195 cars in the U.K. 1 will be a 205 GTI.

swordfish210

On the subject, how do you search for a car through it's registration number to see if it is still on the road?

Mikey S

Thanks. Just had a quick look for my old 405 and it is currently listed as "Unlicensed", not looking good :(

i checked my brothers old 405 and thats been out of tax for a month so were hoping its just been mothballed.

swordfish210

The last i heard about mine was that it had gone to the Isle Of White and the owner had just spent a load of money on the engine (quite why is a mystery as there was nothing wrong with it when i sold it) so hopefully it's still alive. Might have to take a road trip there and drive around to see if i can find it :lol:

stufarri

I did promise the Mrs I would get rid of my CTI this year so I had the room to get my daughter a car - I may have to retract that now with only 268 on the roads! Hard hat on!

The rarer they are the more the values will go up (even for the CTI at last) though but as would expect, basic GTI spares will become far harder to get as fellow CTI owners will know about already.

gerry

looks like my old 205 gti dimma is off the road :(

Date of Liability 01 06 2001

Date of First Registration 28 09 1989

Year of Manufacture 1989

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1900CC

CO2 Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type Petrol

Export Marker Not Applicable

Vehicle Status Unlicensed

Vehicle Colour RED

Vehicle Type Approval

Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle

6 Months Rate £118.25

12 Months Rate £215.00

C_W

Anthony, where are you getting the info? Do you have to request it from the DVLA? I would be interested in BMW (Z3)M Coupe figures!

Anthony

Anthony, where are you getting the info? Do you have to request it from the DVLA? I would be interested in BMW (Z3)M Coupe figures!

There's 451 BMW M Coupe's, 457 M Roadster's and 1024 Z4M's listed as taxed as of Q4 2011.

The information is all buried in the spreadsheet that I linked to in my initial post :)

lemmingzappa

I have to get myself a 405 before they all disappear :(

welshpug

I have one but can't afford to get it back on the road yet :( that goes for my 205 and 405 :(

james28

2 405 mi16's on ebay going cheap considering there rarity but its early days on the auction

Daviewonder

I have one but can't afford to get it back on the road yet :( that goes for my 205 and 405 :(

That's ok think of all the wear and tear you're saving!

Daviewonder

Any way of telling how many are 1.6 and how many are 1.9?

Anthony

Any way of telling how many are 1.6 and how many are 1.9?

Not from the information that I have, as they're simply listed as "205 GTi" with no mention of engine capacity.

I'm sure that a FOI request to the DVLA would come up trumps though if you're interested enough to stump up the £10 odd.

pug_ham

Crikey, they are lower figures than I'd expected!!

I've got one GTi taxed & currently two sorned (soon to be 1 & 3) but I saw a post on Octane magazines facebook page that there are only just over 50 BX16v's left (56 iirc).:o

Graham.

Anthony

57 of them as of Q4 2010 according to the DVLA - I mentioned it a few posts back as I was somewhat surprised that there was more of them left on the roads than 405 Mi16's

dch1950

It can only be good for increasing the 205 gti value ^_^

sorry mate - but if the value still hasn't gone up despite those catastrophic figures over 10 years then it won't ever go up.

The race boys do what they want to do, but at the end of the day they don't contribute to the overall well being of the marque.

I wonder what would happen if I wanted to get a BE3 box to recon for my own car. Doubt I'd be able to get one. I'm not a purist but this state of affairs needs something doing about it before it's too late.

regards

Dave

Anthony

The value will increase and indeed is doing so already.

Perhaps it's just me, but I'm not entirely convinced that values going through the roof is a good thing, even if you do own one.

Availablity of many (8v) engine and drivetrain parts shouldn't be too much of an issue for quite some time as they were shared with many other PSA models, and in your gearbox example, they're generally pretty hardy and not an especially common failure item like they are on say TU engined models with chocolate MA 'boxes. The main issue in my opinion will be 205 speciific parts, and especially things like interior trim and body panels, and specific parts for less common engines like Mi16's - indeed, some parts already are difficult to obtain.

lewis205cti

Not looking good for the ould pugs. My 309 and 205 are daily drivers and are included in the 2010 figures :) Cant remember the last time i saw another 309 gti on the road tho. Aprart from at shows.

lewis205cti

Do we know how many 205 Cti's are left?

Anthony

Do we know how many 205 Cti's are left?

From what I can find, as unhelpfully they're registered under various different names, there was 268 on the road at the end of 2010 (includes the Japanese spec auto models)

jeremy

I would say that the value of 205 GTIs will only increase, and have been doing so over the last 2/3 years. Maybe not at £100/£200 per year but never the less still increasing especially when you consider that you could easily pay over £1000 for a very tidy 20 years plus model, yet you could also pic up a seemingly tidy 3 series BMW for only a couple of hundred extra but only 11/12 years old and costing many more thousands to buy!

dch1950

I would say that the value of 205 GTIs will only increase, and have been doing so over the last 2/3 years. Maybe not at £100/£200 per year but never the less still increasing especially when you consider that you could easily pay over £1000 for a very tidy 20 years plus model, yet you could also pic up a seemingly tidy 3 series BMW for only a couple of hundred extra but only 11/12 years old and costing many more thousands to buy!

So where have the 20 thousand gone then?