• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davey205

Pepperpots V 1.9 Speedlines

334 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Daviewonder

After putting on the rallye steels with the winter tyres I think I like them more than the 1.9 speedlines, they look so retro and suit the car perfectly.

2012-01-06160323.jpg

Is that a petrol pump on the pavement?

feb

It is indeed! A cycle shop (in a village not far from the Calais terminal) that owns this "petrol station"; takes you back in time (not the price of the petrol though!)

Edited by feb

Andy_C

In the simplest sense though, standard for me, obviously they suit 1.9 wheels a little better, but both model's designs look good respectively, i really appreciate the standard look these days.

But... 434's are so damn sexy, so not for the purists but they'd be my choice on a non-standard 205.

Agreed - had pepperpots and 1.9's on both of mine but were it not for certain divorce followed by removal of my nuts then I'd have a set of 434's in a heartbeat.

Steelies on a Rallye though - almost as spot on.

Baz

I really like the steelies on my wally car ATM;

th_AE730F3D.jpg

:)

Baz

white 1.6, diamond cut center, like t16 road car!!

Like this;

th_DSC00356.jpg

:)

Simes

In my collection of Autocar magazines from 1988 - 1992 there is an article (I will try to find it) where 10 famous journalists and car designers choose their 10 favourite wheels.

Guess how often the 1.9 Speedline pops up.

macaroni

I have a 205 and a 306 cab and I love the look of Cyclones on both of them! Thus I am sourcing another set of Cyclones...

Or how about a set of these...?

teddy_alloys.jpg

Not Pug-related I know, but funny!

• Like 1

sam-barker

1.9's for me!

Daviewonder

In my collection of Autocar magazines from 1988 - 1992 there is an article (I will try to find it) where 10 famous journalists and car designers choose their 10 favourite wheels.

Guess how often the 1.9 Speedline pops up.

Would like to have a read of this.

joris_andriesse

^ +1

I did vote for "Other Peugeot OE or PTS wheel (eg Rallye steels, SL434's etc)". I do have the SL434, but the Ouragan rim is also, to my opinion, great looking.

Nath88n

Speedline SL201's for me, the 15's look too big to me.

Basset

It's got to be 1.9 speedlines everytime!

Edited by Basset

NOsMAN

Damn I want those teddy bear wheels for my TT :ph34r::P

rjw205

Sl434's .... especially anthractite ones on a ph2 miami 205 :-)

DC2T

SL434's or T16 Wheels

Reebmit

1900 rims, one of the best designs ever :)

• Like 1

Reebmit

I've just checked out the 434's wow, seen some in anthracite, may have to try and find some, what a cool wheel

markb1234

fondmetal 4000's look good but the standard 1.9 alloys take a fair beating

nick205

1.9 Speed lines every time, as above best OEM wheel design of pretty much any car I've seen. 205s just don't look as good with any other wheel IMHO

• Like 1

Mac Crash

Have to agree with this, Peugeot got it spot on with the 1900 wheel, no other wheel suits the car anywhere near as well, every 205 I've ever seen with aftermarket wheels doesn't look quite a good as the standard ones IMO. There are a few other cars like this, the later Audi Quattro turbo with its flat flaced spoked Ronals being one.

Agreed! The Ronals were 15" too by the way... My pal is an Audi trained factory mechanic and he regrets selling his UR Turbo bitterly now.... out of all the Audi's he's owned he's adamant nothing was as surefooted and as true as the UR, he's currently running a modified S4 with around 350bhp and it's a pig compared to that lovely old UR :)

I think there should have been an 15" option for the Pepperpot so 1.9's could have had them too.

Tamanga

My 1.6 came on 1.9 Speedlines but I've gone back to Pepperpots for originality. Shame that the tyres aren't quite as cheap on the 14"s though.

Tom Fenton

I don't think the tyres are a bad price really, however what is a pain on the 14" wheels is the lack of centre bore hole which makes balancing difficult to get done properly.

PAGOS

pepperpots on a 1.6 .