• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davey205

Pepperpots V 1.9 Speedlines

334 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Matteo

Glad you like my 205, Richie :D

It was good I got them before the serious Italian economic crisis :wacko: (BTW I got them new from UK a couple of years ago as they were cheaper than in Italy).

Richie

Glad you like my 205, Richie :D

It was good I got them before the serious Italian economic crisis :wacko: (BTW I got them new from UK a couple of years ago as they were cheaper than in Italy).

Well you're a man of good taste, sir.

p2.png

like me :)

I did have a google for those sl434 wheels but not easy to come by. I think i'll be getting a set of goodwood 1.9 wheels for mine, aswell as my silver set, just to change things around occasionally.

ally7th

what about the gtx wheels?

I think they look ok, got 1.9 wheels on my daily though B)

shownshine161.jpg

backroadpug

I like the gtx wheels also but it had to have the rallye steelz

rallye-2.jpg

ally7th

that does look good with them on B)

• Like 1

Matteo

[...]

I did have a google for those sl434 wheels but not easy to come by. I think i'll be getting a set of goodwood 1.9 wheels for mine, aswell as my silver set, just to change things around occasionally.

I got them from here: http://www.motorcycl...egory--808.html , time ago ;)

They are Speedline dealer for UK.

Obey_R

1.6 wheels on a 1.6, 1.9 wheels on a 1.9!

th_P6013551.jpg

205BigTosh

my personal choice is the 1.9 speedlines on all 205,s

my car is the 1.6, but have the 1.9s fitted. i havent really seen a 205 with new/refurb 1.6 wheels, in any case any wheel looks good once its new or refurbed.

the 309gti wouldnt look good with the 1.6 wheels on . it suits the 1.9,s.overall a better look and better than a non aftermarket wheel.

BlueBolt

1.9 Speedlines all the way :)

Know this is an older thread now but thought i'd add my vote all the same lol

Teggers

I do rather like the 1.9 speedlines. But my fave peugeot wheels are the 306 15" cyclones. I can't recall seeing them on a 205 though so not sure how well they'd suit. They were great on my 106 XSi though (about 10 years ago!)

• Like 1

Daviewonder

But my fave peugeot wheels are the 306 15" cyclones. I can't recall seeing them on a 205 though so not sure how well they'd suit.

I had them on my 205 for a while, they didn't really suit the car imo :)

Baz

Wheels are like socks to me so it's a bit of an un-answerable question!! :lol:

In the simplest sense though, standard for me, obviously they suit 1.9 wheels a little better, but both model's designs look good respectively, i really appreciate the standard look these days.

But... 434's are so damn sexy, so not for the purists but they'd be my choice on a non-standard 205.

MiniGibbo

1600 wheels for a 1600

1900 wheels for a 1900..

I think the rallyes suit the 106 steelies best so I suppose that's aftermarket?

Not a big fan of aftermarket wheels, on jap crap yeah but frenchies suit oem wheels.

Edited by MiniGibbo

McPikie

elvington2.jpg

I actually just came!!!

:wub:

shalmaneser

I actually just came!!!

:wub:

hah, its got a DTM backbox too, so nineties! Does look kinda cool though...

omega

with wheels surely it depends what you want the car for

so 14s for quick of the mark and 15s for long journeys

eddie bullit

the usual 1.6 for 1.6 and 1.9 for 1.9..BUT I think a 205 on 3 piece dimma 1.9 fronts all around would be my choice...Funky! :wub:

sensualt101

i think a lot of what looks best depends on the car really.

a standard 205 gti 1.6 looks great on the standard speedline sl201's and a standard 205 gti 1.9 looks great on standard speedline sl299's and both are classic designs just look at the similarity of the 205t16 wheels against the sl201 and especially the sl299! which graces many 205 gti 1.6's and all manner of other cars including non peugeots!

but 205's with bodykits like dimma guttman etc need wider wheels like the 3 peice type seen on dimmas and the cross spoke guttman wheels.

i also think that some after market wheels look good depending on car colour ( and wheel colour come to that ) and in the end its up to individual taste after all.

also refurbed or modified standard type wheels look amazing too like the force racing 2 peice converted speedline or smr sl299's as fitted to tom fentons amazing 205 gti 1.6 turbo!

AlexRS2782

Voted for the 1.9 Speedlines for a standard 205, but i must admit i've also always loved the look of the Dimma split rims fitted to the Dimma cars B)

eliteracer

white 1.6, diamond cut center, like t16 road car!!

ollie406

i think the 306 15" cyclones look good on anything.

simple yet modern looking wheel.

Strictly_Derv

As people say the GTI's suit pot's and .9 speedlines but car like mine which are Rallye style suit steels best IMO. Rallye steels are a good choice but I went for some banded 14's, bigger versions of the originals.

014-4.jpg

019-2.jpg

Excuse the dirt lol

Leon

I like both wheels. The Pepperpots feel nicer to drive on.

• Like 1

feb

After putting on the rallye steels with the winter tyres I think I like them more than the 1.9 speedlines, they look so retro and suit the car perfectly.

2012-01-06160323.jpg

Edited by feb
  • Like 1

McDude

As others have said - I don't think any OE wheel looks so right as the 1.9 wheel on a 1.9 car.

I'm smiling looking at Feb's pictures (mainly because I made some money selling him the wheels!) but also because I do like the winter spec rallye steelies but only if you are rocking out with your winter tyres!