• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davey205

Pepperpots V 1.9 Speedlines

334 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

james28

speedlines for me :)

C_W

1.9 Speedlines

28.jpg

TSW Stealths (original "Tiger Sport") I actually quite liked these but sold them as I had too many wheels. I bought another set a couple of years later but the casting was different and they felt heavier.

elvington2.jpg

Fondmetal 4000

fondmetal2.jpg

206GTi "Nimrods" 16" (eugh! :D)

nimrod3.jpg

allye

As CW has started it I'll fight for the little bloke in the corner (Rallye owners! rolleyes.gif)

wheel.jpg

Whites steelies FTW! wub.gif

Edited by allye

C_W

They look nice IMO and they suit a purpose for the "rallye" look. I think the Speedline still has it. As nice as the Fondmetals were the Speedline just looks so "right". The 16" Nimrods were a bit of a design choice faux pas lol :D

pug_ham
1.6 wheels for a 1.6 and 1.9 wheels for a 1.9, ;)

Totally agree but I also like the S2 rallye 6 x 14's which I'll have on my car again once its finsihed being rebuilt.

The 15" 1.9 rim has to be one of the best factory fitted designs ever IMO. Peugeot even faked them with wheeltrims for 306s for years!!

I agree, 1.9 Speedlines in good condition just look so right on a 205 GTI its hard to improve on them, even with the SL434's (only spiotters know what they are).

Graham.

Jake_GTI

i cant make up my mind!! i had a set of graphite 1.9 speedlines on my 205, but i have just replaced them with a set of 1.6 speedlines, i think as mine is a 1.6 it needs the pepperpots but those 1.9 rims did look tasty :)

number2301

Speedlines for a GTI, Pepperpots for a base model or a sleeper :) . The SL434s are very nice but aren't quite as suited as the standard wheels and I've never seen anything else half as nice.

pug_ham
Speedlines for a GTI

Speedlines can be either 1.6 or 1.9 alloys so that makes it clear as mud. :wacko:

Also what about the SMR or Belgique 1.9 alloys?

Graham.

number2301

True, although everyone says Speedlines when they mean 1.9 Speedlines. Although the Pepperpots are Speedlines, they don't get called that!

Boost_junkie

Have to agree the 1.9 speedlines are one of the best standard wheel choices ever made... after market alloys never quite look right.

What about standard speedlines on the rear and 10j wellers on the front with low profile track rubber?

welshpug

pepperpots are Fords wheels <_<

lewis205cti

1.6 wheels are nice but i like the speedlines better. The 1.9 Image Dimma alloys are awesome!

RickyD

I love the 1.9 Speedlines. I was very disapointed to find out that the two Off sides are SMR and the Near sides are pukka Speedlines. I suppose I'll have to buy two more.

They could do with a refurb anyway and my best mate run a shot blasting and painting service. So my mates rate would be around £100 for the set.

Cheers

RickyD

Alessandro513

205 1.9 15"s.

Original and best.

Alessandro513

Mind you. Gun metal or silver? , now there is a different question.

dave_gti

15" 1.9 GTi "Speedlines" for sure

joe1joe

1.9 really do look the best, but it is also nice to see 205 with other wheels also, realy not much of a fan of the 1.6 wheels tho....

dave richards

nimrods for personally, this is my car

DSC_0070-1.jpg

marksorrento205

1.9 gti alloys for me. As said many times already, peugeot got it spot on when they designed them :) The only other wheels I would fit is 1.6 ones to a 1.6, 106 S2 rallye steels to a rallye, the original oz super t's in 16" or the gutmann intra. Knowing someone who has the last ones fitted to his 205, I have a real soft spot for them :wub:

lagonda

I'm very much into old cars & prefer originality...but the 1.9 wheels (fitted by a previous owner) to my CTi look so much nicer. Personal opinion is that the pepperpots don't suit the car at all.

Another bonus is....so much easier to undo front hub nuts with the 1.9 wheels....pop the centre disc out, & you're away. Pepperpots....duhhh!

kentish_lad

well as i have them on my car i have a second vote for tsw stealths need to pull out the back arches as mines not a gti but its the best aftermarket wheel imo :rolleyes:

backroadpug

1.9 speedlines for a gti

car014.jpg

And 106 rallye steelz for a rallye

rallye260.jpg

Altho the pepperpots are retro

pics175.jpg

Richie

SL 434 :wub:

16gk2vd.jpg

That looks stunning. Im always a purist and say 1.9 wheels look the best on the 205, but then i see a picture of those sl 434's and ive got to admit its close as to which looks better. Depends on the day for me, so the only way is to have a set of each!