• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jrod

How Much Does Your 205 Cost To Insure?

How much does your 205 cost to insure?  

258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

welshpug

yeah, get old fast :D sheer madness paying that much for insurance, it's just not worth it!

mattl
are you actually going to pay 6k for insurance?

I dont want to but, iv jus finished my 205 gti6 and get my lisence bk so im not realy up for leaving it sat there while i drive round in a poxy 1L!

ill pay monthly so wont seem as bad

harryskid

Are you saying £500 a month just for insurance? <_<:D

jimbob

jus think of the interest on a 6k insurance policy!!!

zebedy101

I'm sorry but £6500 is not worth it no matter what car you own. Your pants are being pulled down and mr insurance is ready for you. If you think about it that's 6k that could have been spent on a years rent on a house or you could even make your 205 twice or three times as mad for that money.

At 19 surely £6500 is half a years wages or more?

welshpug

thats half a years wages at 29!!

lfallgti

Mine's 250 a year with a cu30, (defective tyres) and 3 points.

Flying205Nutter

I Paid £215 for a 92 205 mi with flux, mileage limited to 3000 a year.

mattl
I'm sorry but £6500 is not worth it no matter what car you own. Your pants are being pulled down and mr insurance is ready for you. If you think about it that's 6k that could have been spent on a years rent on a house or you could even make your 205 twice or three times as mad for that money.

At 19 surely £6500 is half a years wages or more?

dont need/want a house and no point making it faster/better if i cant drive it :/

found it for £5300 now.

nah its not that bad B)

Simes
dont need/want a house and no point making it faster/better if i cant drive it :/

found it for £5300 now.

nah its not that bad B)

waste of money.

feb
I dont want to but, iv jus finished my 205 gti6 and get my lisence bk so im not realy up for leaving it sat there while i drive round in a poxy 1L!

ill pay monthly so wont seem as bad

Nothing wrong with 1.0 205, my first 2 cars were 1.0, owned them for 4 years, it saves you a lot of money and helps to collect NCB.

There is a reason insurances charge a lot for young drivers with fast cars.

Save that 6k per year and after a few years you can have a better car. No point paying more in insurance than what the car's worth.

Edited by feb

richsmells

I'm going back to driving a 1.1 106 for a while and selling the 306. It's all part of the masterplan though as I want another 205 as a second car when I return to the UK. I'm quite looking forward to driving it to work every day. :lol:

It's rediculous spending so much on insurance.

Edited by richsmells

ScoobyJawa

5k on insurance holy WTF - madness. 'undred quid for me on a classic policy with 1500 miles limit. If a car were to cost me over 1k in insurance I wouldn't own it!

Dickie

Just got Classic insurance from Footman James for my 1.6 GTI for £193. That's Fully Comp on a limited mileage policy. I'm 27 and don't have any NCB for this policy.

u47sb2

I've found my insurance has dropped quite a bit now that I've had a licence for 10 years. Quote on the G reg 1.9 was £400 2 weeks ago, and now has dropped to £280 so it's taxed, insured and on the road.

F-reg 1.6 was £250 when it was renewed last September, and the rally car is somewhere around the £300 mark for limited road use.

MiniGibbo

22 with no ncb, £9xx on the rallye.

erbs

36 Years Old

H reg 1.9 gti miami blue £119 fully comp

sensualt101

£14XX.XX fully comp on a standard 205 gti 1.6 with agreed valuation of £2300 and i am 40 years young

harryskid

Too much ! :)

m_attt

205 gti6, im 26, Fully comp, 3000miles, breakdown cover, euro cover, legal cover, 3k agreed value, few mods, two drivers, on a drive £200.18

sensualt101

Too much ! :)

i agree but it was the cheapest i could get at the time! maybe its my area or the fact i had no ncb?

MiniGibbo

i agree but it was the cheapest i could get at the time! maybe its my area or the fact i had no ncb?

I think he means he pays too much lol..

You do pay a lot though.. Mine should be Half what I pay but all my ncb is on my van and other car.

AlexRS2782

Currently paying just short of £400 fully comp on mine - 32 y/o with 5 years ncb attached to the car. Although i've got a few quotes to change the car to a specific classic policy from the one it's currently on and it looks like it will be a fair bit cheaper that way :D

205gticoxn

classic insurance 6000 miles £162 fully comp with breakdown included, I am 41???????

backroadpug

28yo 9years no claims both cars parked in a drive way

h reg 1.6 gti insured fully comp with mi16 engine wheels exhaust and suspension £311

L reg rallye insured fully comp with suspension rollcage exhaust and seats £190