• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jrod

How Much Does Your 205 Cost To Insure?

How much does your 205 cost to insure?  

258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Baz
11 years till i can get a quote of saga insurance wo ho :lol:

They're sh!te anyway according to everyone i know that's had a quote!

kernowmafia

£390,fully comp it's garaged on a limited milage policy,full no claims and a clean license(just),it is a second car tho' and my no claims is used up on my daily driver

asdf205

£429 FC

MrG

£109 fully comp on a classic policy but now £265.00 with all mods declared. Limited miles and track use only.

Our other one is £228.00 fc no limits but we are old!

Atari Boy

Ouch £1500+ that is got to hurt. So there are benefits for being old.

My uncle has a 1936 Bentley 4 1/4, worth c.£100k, annual insurance is £120 but he is 61 and it is on a classic policy.

Edited by Atari Boy

jo's MI16

£453 fc with 2 drivers on it, 8 years no claims and all mods declared. It also has limited millage and is garaged at night

pug_ham

My GTi is on a classic policy with Peter Best for ~£150 fully comp, agreed value, salvage retention, all mods declared & inc breakdown cover.

Just renewed my 306 hdi yesterday with hic for £255 fully comp etc.

38 with three expired SP30's from 2006.

Graam.

skinner2k3

£211 TPFT with HIC, 1.9GTI with all mods below declared, limited mileage, salvage retention, 7 yr no claims, 27yr old plus the wife, garaged, expired SP30.

number2301
wish i could insure anything as cheap as any of those prices. mines 2100 :( for a 1.6 gti. a 1.2 clio would only be 200 less.

Don't worry about it, my first year was £2100 TPFT on a 1.4 93 reg Clio, my second year was £1200 on a 1.9 GTI.

Now down to £300 odd when I insure it, but it's a bit broken so currently just sat in my garage.

hanpug25

£600, but its a traders policy so can drive anything valued under 25k

Ad.

Paulmac19

£271 group 14 garaged at night with immobilizer fitted, being 39 helps

11 years till i can get a quote of saga insurance wo ho laugh.gif

They're sh!te anyway according to everyone i know that's had a quote!

Ah go ahead Baz you go and spoil the only thing i had to look forward to about turning 50 :(

Edited by Paulmac19

Lankylad78
You don't get NCD on a classic policy and it must not be a daily drive.

Sorry Ade, but I disagree with this. Yes, you don't accumulate NCD with a classic policy, but you can use it as a daily drive.

I have mine on a classic policy with Peter Best. Able to use it for SDP & Commuting. Agreed value, limited to 5000 miles, breakdown cover, legal cover, minimal excess, kept on a driveway. £245. Cheapest standard quote I got was £400!

Masekwm

Thank god for this topic, I thought I best call up and pay my renewal today for my expiring policy.

Oops it expired last week!

floodys

Track car with all mods, limited mileage and bit of track day insurance with HIC, was about £300 ish.

306 HDI hatch is just under £200 with me and wife on, estate HDI is about the same, think about 2 yrs NCB, we are both early 30's! gotta love cheap insurance on HDI's!!

Cameron

Mine was £380 last year with all mods declared and like for like, now £480-odd! Will definitely be calling them and trying to get a better deal!

CaptainK

At my previous Exeter address my insurance was just over £400 for my GTI6 205 on ITBs (previously a 1.9 GTi). Now I've recently moved house and my insurance people (HIC) have refunded me the difference as my new house is a lot more "insurance safe" and its around £350 per year. I'll know the exact figure at renewal in December.

Not bad really as its fully comp and up to 10 thousand miles, includes commuting, driving in europe and also allows trackday driving and my car is automatically insured for officially organised trackdays. All my mods are also included on the policy too and I believe I get salvage retention too :lol:

JayCC

My renewal is October. Last year it was £450 fully comp. Did a quote today to see what all this insurance rise fuss was all about. Bearing in mind im a year older (now 25) and extra years NCB (6 years), it came out at £690! WTF :ph34r:

gavbrum
My renewal is October. Last year it was £450 fully comp. Did a quote today to see what all this insurance rise fuss was all about. Bearing in mind im a year older (now 25) and extra years NCB (6 years), it came out at £690! WTF :ph34r:

try footman james. they saved me a packet. they also do forum discount.

ORB

I pay 212 quid. J reg 1.9 GTi. Classic policy, Second car and all that jazz. I am 29, I have no NCB (due to being insured mainly by a trade policy)

Jez G

Good thread this. I was worried I was paying quite a lot but it seems it is about right at £280 fully comp for 10k miles. but I am quite old :) with no points and full NCD.

Jez

monkee87

I'm 22 and got 2 years no claims and i pay £450/annum for my 1.9. That's with Direct line.

I don't think that's too bad for a group 14 car and my age. :D Was paying the same ammount on a 306 DTurbo and they're only a group 5 car! Swapped the insurance over to the 205 from the 306 and it made no difference to the price.. :)

Moby

£200 fc 8yrs ncb. The area you live in , where it's parked overnight what it's used for all these factors make a difference on the policy premium.

denva2682

£242 Fully comp, agreed value and on a classic car policy, restricted mileage. 27years old, unable to use my 5 years ncb due to another policy on my daily driver.

james_pug

My dimma cost £900 with sky, that's with everything declared (mi16 on carbs,kit, wheels etc) I was 20 when I took the policy out had 3 years ncb and limited 5k mileage also with 3 points.

skyinsurance

Hi guys,

please bare us in mind, we can also look at classic policies as well.

Thanks