• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
rob.duke

Carbon Fibre Sunroof Blanking Plate

pug_ham

Could be interested depending on price & appearance when finished.

Graham.

fliprio

again, as above I could be interested depending on price & appearance when finished as i have a ugly aluminium plate at the moment

rob.duke

Hi Guys,

Great news!

I received my Carbon Fibre Roof panel on Saturday morning and I am very happy with it, I bonded it to my roof yesterday and also added a handful of 'peace of mind' bolts. I am really pleased with the finished item. I could explain how it looks but you would benefit more from pictures.

If anyone can tell me how to get pictures on here (as I'm still a bit new to forums and a bit crap too I guess!!) then I'll stick a few pics on for your thoughts and opinions!!

If there is any interest then I can certainly have more made as now I have an expensive mould in my possesion, I would list them on ebay for £150 plus £15 p&p but for you guys I would be able to do them for £150 all in. I think that that is fair as it is bespoke to the car (I paid a lot more than that for the first one!!) , I have found a website with generic carbon sunroof blanking plates, which probablay wouldn't be large enough to replace a pug sliding roof and they are £179 with postage on top!

I guess you will have to see the pics!

I'll try and get some on later today.

Rob :(

Spiky

can email me them if you want?

or try using photobucket

my email is spiky.steve@googlemail.com

Liquid_106
Could be interested depending on price & appearance when finished.

Graham.

Ditto - Subscribed :lol:

Paul_13

Yes please :lol:

Atari Boy

Also interested.

Carl Chambers

Im interested but would have preffered a whole bit of carbon to go front to rear in the lowered bit on the roof.

pics would be good to see what its like.

Rob Turbo

How much could you do one for collected? I'd like to see pics or in the flesh (or carbon!!) before I commit though!

asdf205

I may also be interested after seeing pics.

rob.duke

Well, I've opened a 'photobucket' account (isn't technology great?)

Sadly, work computer won't have it at all so I'll post the pics this evening!

Cheers for your patience guys!

Rob :ph34r:

All Praise The GTI

i like :angry:

Rob Turbo

Does it sit in the recess where the sunroof was, with a raised lip that sits on top of the roof?

Wouldn't it have been better to have it the other way around, so it fit's from inside?

Spiky

is it upside down?

asdf205

I quite like that. I wonder what it would look like on a red car though. Any chance of a picture from the inside?

Lan

i'm going to ask the most important question...

how much is it? ^_^

rescue dude
Hi Guys,

Great news!

I received my Carbon Fibre Roof panel on Saturday morning and I am very happy with it, I bonded it to my roof yesterday and also added a handful of 'peace of mind' bolts. I am really pleased with the finished item. I could explain how it looks but you would benefit more from pictures.

If anyone can tell me how to get pictures on here (as I'm still a bit new to forums and a bit crap too I guess!!) then I'll stick a few pics on for your thoughts and opinions!!

If there is any interest then I can certainly have more made as now I have an expensive mould in my possesion, I would list them on ebay for £150 plus £15 p&p but for you guys I would be able to do them for £150 all in. I think that that is fair as it is bespoke to the car (I paid a lot more than that for the first one!!) , I have found a website with generic carbon sunroof blanking plates, which probablay wouldn't be large enough to replace a pug sliding roof and they are £179 with postage on top!

I guess you will have to see the pics!

I'll try and get some on later today.

Rob ^_^

Gonna cost this much.

rob.duke

The raised section provides strength as there is an embossed 'cross' on the underside and the ridges also increase rigidity.

It really is not feasible to fit from the inside due to the strengthening and sunroof parts!

It is a great fit, the front edge is the same curve as the windscreen and any fittings fit perfectly into the front strengthening bar on the indide of the roof.

Rob Turbo, you are form Durham? i'm only at spennymoor so feel free to come and have a look!

Cheers Rob :angry:

pug_ham

Could it be fitted from the inside to sit nicely inside the cut out?

th_DSC00433.jpg

Kinda looks like it could or is the ridge bigger than the hole in the roof?

Thats the big thing I dislike about the alloy blanking plates is them sat on top of the original roof & I'd prefer a flush fit blank if possible.

Graham.

GilesW
Could it be fitted from the inside to sit nicely inside the cut out?

th_DSC00433.jpg

Kinda looks like it could or is the ridge bigger than the hole in the roof?

Thats the big thing I dislike about the alloy blanking plates is them sat on top of the original roof & I'd prefer a flush fit blank if possible.

Graham.

Same thinking as me (see my post on page 1).

I like it and may go with it. But woudl still prefer and internal fitment. And yes I agree there is a lot in teh way internally, however I'm certian it's not impossible, maybe just a little more complicated a moulding.

Carl Chambers
Well here we go finally!

http://s843.photobucket.com/albums/zz360/r...unroof%20Panel/

sorry most of the pics are in the rain! (at least it shows that it seals well!)

Let me know what you guys think!!

Cheers Rob :lol:

sadly not for me thanks, looks ok but I really want something to go the full length between the lines on the roof, otherwise the rear holes would have to be filled and painted.

Paul_13

Looks good :lol:

zebedy101

I quite like it actually, at first I wasn't massively keen but it is growing on me. When will these be available? as I will more than likely have one.

Rob Turbo

Will you be in tomorrow? I'll give you a ring to sort out a viewing!