• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djc

Your Ideal 205

hothatch
B0llocks.

whats bollocks ? :) they only made 200 - 250 didnt they ?

screwloose

there's more than 4 in the country although the one Baz posted is now in Belgium with a collector who will no doubt keep it as garage jewellry.

lemmingzappa
whats bollocks ? they only made 200 - 250 didnt they ?

Edited by lemmingzappa

screwloose
whats bollocks ? :) they only made 200 - 250 didnt they ?

Rumour has it they actually only made as little as 50 road going examples.

Baz

or 30...

hothatch
there's more than 4 in the country although the one Baz posted is now in Belgium with a collector who will no doubt keep it as garage jewellry.

F**king great ! a fu**ing car for an aunument. :)

i thought 200 , i was thinking of another group b beast that they carried on a little after the 200.

Rumour has it they actually only made as little as 50 road going examples.

yeah i also thought this :D the photos were supposed to have been a fake wernt they ? they went through homologation troubles for this reason. lots of the 200 were used for rallying by private teams any way wernt they ? ? i cant imagine many being left. not in the uk any way ? B)

Baz
i thought 200 , i was thinking of another group b beast that they carried on a little after the 200.

200 was the number needed for homologation yes.

Edited by Baz

hothatch
200 was the number needed for homologation yes.

i know baz lol what im saying is that lots of the road cars were turned into rally cars privatly anyway.

Baz

Really?! B)

So how come i'm telling you these things if you seem to know more than me... :)

hothatch
Really?! B)

So how come i'm telling you these things if you seem to know more than me... :)

thats all you told me was that there were 200 made which i was on the right lines anyway !! :D

anything else you would like to tell me now ? :)

did you know they only made 200 by the way ?

Edited by hothatch

Baz
thats all you told me was that there were 200 made which i was on the right lines anyway !! :)

anything else you would like to tell me now ? B)

Erm, well, i don't 'know' anything, do you then, definitively?

sounds of silence

the one i built B) ]

started out with a aim at the beginning and pretty much have the finished article now

hothatch
Erm, well, i don't 'know' anything, do you then, definitively?

nope

Baz

So why are we essentially having the same conversation we had a few pages ago then? Where you basically said the same thing, and Jonny and I both posted about the rumours of the numbers actually made being a lot less, 30, 50 etc?? B)

:(

pug_ham
a nice, tidy white 1.9; wouldn't have to be mint as i'd want to use it, but would want a sound shell/paint and all new chassis parts, good engine/box. probably wouldn't mod much (engine mounts, exhaust, brakes)

Pretty simple for me & quite possible someone on here has close to this very spec car aready but you could buy it new from Peugeot in this form.

White non sunroof shell from 89-91 era (when the galvanising & paint were about it best imo) Longman 1.9 8v engine, 1.9 / 1.6 FD gearbox & diff, proper management, SBC roadspeed suspension (21mm rear torsion bars, 23mm arb, solid mounts, SBC front shocks & springs) but otherwise standard except for the PTS grille stripes.

According to Sporting Peugeot 205's there were a total of 241 Road going versions made.

Graham.

hothatch
So why are we essentially having the same conversation we had a few pages ago then? Where you basically said the same thing, and Jonny and I both posted about the rumours of the numbers actually made being a lot less, 30, 50 etc?? B)

:(

well i dont know do i baz !! :lol: i just stated what was to my knowledge that the rumours of only 50 being made and the dodgy photos made trouble for their homoligation !! i knew it was around 200 - 250 !

anyway does anyone actually know how many are left in the uk ? or left at all??

Daviewonder

I've heard a rumour that Kate Moss owns a T16 205. I've also heard that Jeremy Clarkson owns a black 1.9 that he bought new and put into storage, has anyone else heard these rumours?

screwloose

I've got 7 T16s hidden away.

Baz
I've got 7 T16s hidden away.

B)

Overly modest as ever!!

Daviewonder

I bet you haven't even got 7 inches hidden away :(B)

screwloose
B)

Overly modest as ever!!

I was merely continuing the dross this thread has descended into :(

Baz
I was merely continuing the dross this thread has descended into :(

Indeed. But i meant it, ever modest!

You could've counted the rally ones though too, not just the road versions... B)

GLPoomobile
Why?

They're not that expensive.

The one i posted was sold a few months ago (:() for about £35k. Not pocket money no, but hardly fortunes, about the same as a half decent new family saloon.

You've said this before Baz, and I know you don't mean it this way, but it sounds so pompous. I take it a bit personally as the chances of me ever having £35k sitting around spare are slim to none (unless my Lotto numbers come up). I doubt I'm unusual in that respect either, it's the result of living a hand to mouth lifestyle rather than saving every penny like a Jew :( But I do know one thing, if I did have a spare £35k kicking around I can think of plenty of things I'd rather spend it on than a Turbo16 :lol:

I've heard a rumour that Kate Moss owns a T16 205.

Aye right, I can see that being likely B)

martyn180

Back on topic,

Standard minty fresh Topaz 1.9 gti, fsh, about 40K on the clock but with a 160 bhp 8v Skip brown engine for that little extra:-)