• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djc

Your Ideal 205

SurGie

By the looks of it, it looks perfectly done except the shape around the indicator is not inline with the wing but im a perfectionist. It may be a rally car and has had a lot of effort put into it except the little bit i mentioned.

Baz

A perfectionist? Why have you got a 205 at all then? I don't know if you've noticed, but i've never seen one that's got decent, even panel gaps all over the car!! :lol:

It'll be the same with any bodykit though, it can be done to look perfect of course, if that's what you want. It's just in the majority cases of Maxi's, the kit's been fitted for function rather than form, to house the suspension/running gear/wheel etc, rather than because it looks 'Phat mate'. It just happens to also... :(

GLPoomobile

Full ground up restoration with all new parts, better parts, best condition parts available, or re-furbished parts (kind of goes without saying really!)

88/89 Non sunroof shell

Re-painted in a nice hue of red, close enough to the original Cherry but without the tomato orange undertone.

All Ph1.5 lights (inc orange front indicators and side repeaters)

All plastics restored with black Plasticare (yes, black. It may be wrong on a Ph1.5 car, but I'm not chasing concourse points with this fantasy!)

Ph2 interior

Silver 15" Speedlines

Bilstein B4 shocks with Eibach 7001 springs.

All standard bushes, except for solid rear beam mounts.

Either brand new/refurbed standard 1.6 front calipers, or some lightweight alloy alternatives. standard discs and drums. Mintex 1144 front pads. Braided hoses.

1.6 8v, lightened and balanced, slightly increased compression, vernier pulley, and mappable management.

Qaife ATB

Miles' gear rods

BBM bronze gear shift bushes

BBM/Miles silicone hoses

Custom SS exhaust in similar style/design to OE

Entire car re-wired with thin wall cable, better earthing points, and any wires not used being left out.

Edited by GLPoomobile

Lan

A original road T16 would be perfect for me, maybe with one of the pts engine upgrade kits for a bit more ooomph

failing that a standard "euro" 1.3 rallye

Batfink
Nope, that too.

Weight is bad, bodykits are weight. Not to mention they look sh!t.

what arches have you got on your white car Baz :(:lol:

Baz
what arches have you got on your white car Baz :(:lol:

Cool, lightweight & functional ones. :ph34r:

damien

if i wasnt happy with what ive got i woudnt own it.

i feel the need for a little more power so the gti6 will be fitted hopfuly before pugfest but im in no rush.

could do with the wheels referbished as the dimond cut is looking rubbish now but again im happy with her as she is

Peetypug

A bog standard 1990 sorrento green 1.9 like the one I had before I knew it was rare and modified the poor thing :lol:

Or a fully chaved one with lexus lights :(

muddatrucker

A standard Euro Rallye will do me.

hexhamstu

P1010181.jpg

My car at the moment is probably my ultimate 205, once I've put the new beam, brakes, interior and mi16 engine in.

jim205GTI

Mmm good question.... :huh:

I would still have a sunroof shell...... miss having one on my 306... a nice cherry red but perhaps one not so likely to fade :D black trim with red inserts as this looks mint. Nice silver non kerbed 15" speedlines!

Interior wise it would be half leathers but with a sude insert and a bit of red trim... to still get the original look but updated. Gotta have a clean red carpet!! Discreet speakers in same locations but upgraded, headunit wise doesn't really matter as long as the pod can go in!

Right i would keep with a nice rebuilt mi engine midly fettled with aftermarket management just in case of upgrades at later date (never truly satisfied ;) )

I would probably stick with with the standard suspension and brakes just new equipment or uprated. But i would have an OE looking exhaust......

I can but dream....

Baz

A proper one, semi-standard with a few upgrades, and usable, not a cotton wool-wrapped show piece, one i don't mind hooning about, just like this one;

DSC00600.jpg

DSC00603.jpg

DSC00596.jpg

:)

JamieTonks

TBH i would love to get sandy to shoe-horn a evo 9 engine into one and keep it FWD :) He tells me he can do it for me if i was brave enough

hengti

a nice, tidy white 1.9; wouldn't have to be mint as i'd want to use it, but would want a sound shell/paint and all new chassis parts, good engine/box. probably wouldn't mod much (engine mounts, exhaust, brakes)

think about it sometimes, although not for long!

hothatch
A proper one, semi-standard with a few upgrades, and usable, not a cotton wool-wrapped show piece, one i don't mind hooning about, just like this one;

DSC00600.jpg

DSC00603.jpg

DSC00596.jpg

:D

i feel dizzy B) what i would do just to own one.........

like you said, i would just drive ..............................and drive.........................and drive........................and drive ................. stop for petrol...........................and drive.............................and drive....................... to some remote place in the french hills. Take loads of pics ! then drive back :) feel sick now, will never be a reality :)

Edited by hothatch

24seven

Ideally I'd have 3 or 4 that are all completely different. Something like that V6 cab posted recently would be one though, I really liked that.

I quite like the idea of using an XU7 based build too. The engine Sandy built for Dixon's 306 really interested me and I quite fancy a nice revvy 1.8 to go in something.

There'd have to be a completely 100% bog standard cherry red 1.9 Gti with PAS, A/C, leather seats, electric windows etc and a sliding sunroof in there too.

Baz
feel sick now, will never be a reality :)

Why?

They're not that expensive.

hothatch
Why?

They're not that expensive.

:) yeah right

Baz

The one i posted was sold a few months ago (:)) for about £35k. Not pocket money no, but hardly fortunes, about the same as a half decent new family saloon.

hothatch
The one i posted was sold a few months ago (:)) for about £35k. Not pocket money no, but hardly fortunes, about the same as a half decent new family saloon.

suprising that , i thought they were worth a lot more.

you have any idea of how many are nleft in the uk? or where ever?

lemmingzappa

I've heard a few of them are being sold with false mileage/usage details.

hothatch
I've heard a few of them are being sold with false mileage/usage details.

im missing it all!!! last time i looked these up around 4 years ago there were only supposed to be 4 in the country !!!!

Baz

B0llocks.

lemmingzappa

I couldn't tell you how many are in the UK but I thought it was more than that...