• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djc

Your Ideal 205

Daviewonder

Some of the posts on here remind me of when Trigger described his ideal woman :)

happygoron
Aye right, I can see that being likely :)

Jodie Kidd may be belivable, maybe someone has their supermodels mixed up?

Baz
You've said this before Baz, and I know you don't mean it this way, but it sounds so pompous. I take it a bit personally as the chances of me ever having £35k sitting around spare are slim to none (unless my Lotto numbers come up). I doubt I'm unusual in that respect either, it's the result of living a hand to mouth lifestyle rather than saving every penny like a Jew :) But I do know one thing, if I did have a spare £35k kicking around I can think of plenty of things I'd rather spend it on than a Turbo16 :)

Ahh yes, apologies. I only mean in the sense that alot of people seem to think they're mega-rare and worth absolute fortunes becasue of the few you do ever see for sale in the public eye that are massively over-priced because they're supposedly something special, 'low-mileage' or some other reason. In reality you can have one for alot cheaper, however yes i agree £30k+ still isn't 'cheap' but it is relevant to the car if you get my drift?!

Jodie Kidd may be belivable, maybe someone has their supermodels mixed up?

That's what i was thinking!

hexhamstu

I think £35k is reasonable. For an iconic dream car I would say £35k is a bargain. Not that I am likely to ever have £35k to spend on a impractical weekend car. Dare I say it some people have spent near £10k-£15k maybe more on 205 GTIs on this forum..........

Cameron

This may upset a few people.. :)

Space frame chassis and carbon bodywork.

Proper aero, so ducted engine bay, arches, splitter and diffuser and a sodding great rear wing.

Longitudinally mounted RWD with some sort of 2.0 N/A engine @ around 250-300bhp

Think Gould Puma, but a 205. :)

pug_ham
This may upset a few people.. :P

Space frame chassis and carbon bodywork.

Proper aero, so ducted engine bay, arches, splitter and diffuser and a sodding great rear wing.

Longitudinally mounted RWD with some sort of 2.0 N/A engine @ around 250-300bhp

Think Gould Puma, but a 205. :D

Hardly upsetting but your ideal 205 GTI isn't a 205 GTI at all!!

Graham.

Batfink
Hardly upsetting but your ideal 205 GTI isn't a 205 GTI at all!!

Graham.

Well myl 205 has not got much 205 in it either.

309 rear suspension with turrets, custom front suspension (might even get rid of the subframe),

Ideally I need to find the money for a 1.7 16v engine, but its not got the pedals or steering standard so other than the basic shell. what makes it a 205 gti? The badge?

Basically what we are saying is the best 205 gti is not a 205 gti lol

My perfect 205 gti is a 1.6 Sorrento completely standard.

Edited by Batfink