• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SorrentoED

Sorrento Green Gti's

Batfink
That's because it's not an LE iirc. :excl:

I knew the LE models had black but its really been a long time i though i may have imagined mine being green :)

Edited by Batfink

Para

idsc3291large.jpg

19sorrento041.jpg

Which one is oryginal Sorrento Green ?

Edited by Para

j_turnell

I miss my sorrento, lovely colour and def not black!

clean.jpg

:)

monkee87

Limited Edition Sorrentos had Grey carpet and grey door cards and grey dash etc etc etc. Full leather too.

The Standard models had green check half leather seats and green carpet with green door cards. Black dash. That was until 92/93 when they did the really late GTi's that had grey carpet and the door cards matched the seats. :lol:

Mine has green check half leather seats and green carpet and door cards, so that makes it a standard model GTi, not a limited edition.

I much prefer the black dashes and interior. :)

The second picture of the interior Para is a limited edition with the wrong seats in it, first one is a standard model. :excl:

I think that the Limited editions were 600 for Europe/world. 300 made it to the UK. 150 1.6's and 150 1.9's. Not 100% on that but i think that's what i've read.

Daviewonder

It is a really nice colour when the sun shines on it, unfortunately living in England means it only gets to look nice about twice a year :)

Para

Thanks Monkee for the information, could you back that up with some proofs please ? Did you got it from Peugeot Books ? This is a "bible" when it comes to limited edition Peugeot models, no mentioning here about Sorrento Green version :/

http://aebergon.perso.neuf.fr/Peugeot/page_Peugeot.htm

monkee87
Thanks Monkee for the information, could you back that up with some proofs please ? Did you got it from Peugeot Books ? This is a "bible" when it comes to limited edition Peugeot models, no mentioning here about Sorrento Green version :/

http://aebergon.perso.neuf.fr/Peugeot/page_Peugeot.htm

It's in the brochures that you picked up from your local dealership when the 205 was brand new. Also on the 205gti drivers website. Wikipedia (I know it's not the best place for info!) I had a miami blue GTi Limited Edition and i did research on it. I've now got a Sorrento. It's a phase 2 and has all the black trim.

All the info on that website about the miami limited edition applies to the sorrento ones too. They came out at the same time and are exactly the same spec apart from the color obviously!! :D

I thought it was common knowledge to be honest! :D

Silky
idsc3291large.jpg

19sorrento041.jpg

Which one is oryginal Sorrento Green ?

The first one is just a standard late Sorrento, 91-92/93

The second one looks like a limited edition model but has the wrong seats, it should have full grey leathers

DaveW

I call it sorrento black.

Para

The reason I'm asking is that in Europe there is plenty of standard versions of Sorrento (first picture above) with green carpets and green check half leather.

I would appreciate if someone could post good picutes of "real" Sorrento Green and REAL Miami blue version BEFORE they were available as option in colour pallete. First real Sorrento's were only available for UK market ?

Daviewonder

Quick question, what colour carpet, seats etc did the miami blue Gtis have that weren't limited edition?

chrisj21

The second picture above is of my car. It's a 1990 ltd sorrento but had the later phase 2 seats.

Chris

DaveW

1990 miami ltd

post-3307-1271278311_thumb.jpg

credowan
Quick question, what colour carpet, seats etc did the miami blue Gtis have that weren't limited edition?

My old miami had red carpet with the black half leather but if based on 1.6 the cloth seats i believe

Gary

Masekwm

Green?

llandow4.jpg

Is black!

Baz
I think that the Limited editions were 600 for Europe/world. 300 made it to the UK. 150 1.6's and 150 1.9's. Not 100% on that but i think that's what i've read.

All UK.

Daviewonder
It's in the brochures that you picked up from your local dealership when the 205 was brand new.

Do you have one of these brochures Monkee?

monkee87
Do you have one of these brochures Monkee?

Nope unfortunately. I've only got one from 88'. Shows the new dash etc etc. I've seen one from 90' and 91'. It's in the complete Peugeot range brochure i think.. They used to show all the options for trim and color and add on things.

monkee87

They had the normal red carpet. Basically difference is the color of the dash. If you see a Sorrento or a Miami with a black dash, it's not a limited edition, it's a standard model GTi. The limited editions had Grey dashes and grey carpet. That's what makes them the limited editions! Obviously some people swap the carpet, so then it's down to when the car was first registered. '89 and '90 make it a Limited ED.

I reckon they were just a toned down version of the GTi for the older generation. Didn't have a bright red carpet in your face!!! :mellow:

Baz

They're Ph1.5 basically, with orange indicators and earlier style rear lights too.

Miles

This is a proper green one, Link which I know the bloke selling it

Jrod

I'm sorry but its the worst colour a 205 ever came in. :mellow:

The best bit about it is most people think its black.

dan_cole69
I'm sorry but its the worst colour a 205 ever came in.

The best bit about it is most people think its black.

Agreed,

Laser Green is by far the best green,

and IMO the best colour :lol:

EDIT - Need to change my picture

Edited by dan_cole69

Miles

No, all the UK models came with the std wheels and nothing else, It was like allot of other normal 205 special ed's are only for a certain market place