• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Miles

[engine_work] 309 Goodwood V6

welshpug

AdamB made 202 bhp / 202 lbft on a RR with his D8 that had a quickly knocked up hybrid of a V6 downpipe and gti6/rallye cat and the standard gti6/rallye exhaust :mellow:

Miles

To add the std manifolds and pipes are very very restrictive so I would think a nice gain could be had here

danpug

Any idea what power they are ok for?

Richy_cti

depends on how deep your pockets are i know of one running 550BHP with the stelth systems supercharger and Nos

danpug

I mean the standard manifolds, any idea what their limit is?

welshpug

Hard to say exactly, seeing as its rather expensive to cam and map these engines (4 cams...) so not many people really dabble with them, but the Phase 2 clio V6 was circa 255 bhp based on the same lump.

I don't know the total differences, but its mainly manifolds and cams, plus a difference ecu of course.

Miles

If you look at Sodemo's site you'll see some nice Throttle bodies for this engine, Hmmmmm

Tesstuff

The 406 Coupe v6 Turbo was running 280 bhp on modified manifolds and exhaust so heaven knows how much lower it would have been with standard, as i dont think 280 bhp is a very high figure for all the trouble.

danpug

With that power something clearly wasn't right.

welshpug

why do you say that? I'd imagine its just low boost so a 40% power hike would probably be paired with quite an impressive amount of torque.

gone a bit o/t now sorry Miles ;)

danpug

Going off what a gti6 makes on a low boost supercharger conversion, maybe i've missed something (or expected too much?)! And yes sorry Miles! :lol:

Edited by danpug

danpug

Did it get mapped Miles?

Richy_cti

the DP enginering Claw system (turbo) v6 generated 280 bhp but 400 ft pouds to toqure,

there are several differences between the d8 ESJ4 engine and the clio V6, there the VVTI for a start thats on the later ESJ4S engine with the MUX system, then there cams and mapping and the throttle body is diffrent also

Miles

It's finished, well 99% off for MOT early next week and then she's back to her owner for a few weeks and a breif mapping session to sort any niggles out

It goes pretty well, better than the last 1.9TT I did, Power made at the Rollers (Which are known for low figures) is 190bhp from 6000>6750rpm and a tad under 200 Ft Lb of torque (Cannot remember peak rpm now thou) but compared to the V6 clios they look after it makes more power than those which I'm happy with, Sounds great too

I will be running my 306 there soon just to compare other RR figures.

gowmonster

what was the outcome of this, did it pass MOT, have you been to busy having fun to post :(

Miles

Yes all finished and with it's owner now, Map just needs a tweek but other than that it's pretty quick and considering I've only driven it in the rain handing isn;t bad at all on std dampers which will get done over the summer before the downpipes scrap thru.