• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Miles

[engine_work] 309 Goodwood V6

marksorrento205

Yeap on std 205 gti spings the 205 would not get on the mot rollers <_<

CosKev

Ouch <_<

Be a few cringe worthy moments gunning one of them down a bumpy road ;)

marksorrento205

Yeap, like a flattened half worn through down pipe where it goes under the engine. Next on the list to change along with different front springs

snave

Nice Project !!

How about the speedometer to make it work again, as the v6 engine use speed sensor on gearbox and a little black box in the gloves box. and the 309 use speedometer cable !

Daviewonder
Nice Project !!

How about the speedometer to make it work again, as the v6 engine use speed sensor on gearbox and a little black box in the gloves box. and the 309 use speedometer cable !

You would just use the early vss thats electronic and also takes a cable, afaik its the same as other conversions with later management.

Cracking project Miles :wub:

Edited by Daviewonder

snave

Ok,

This engine is awesome and more easy to install than the D9 which use multiplex wiring I read somewhere. It is preferred as it is lighter than the cast iron block. I think am gonna this way too :wub: but parts for upgrade for this engine is not common, I tried to imagine 6 high comp pistons and forged conrods in it :wub: with aftermarket ecu.

Miles where do you buy your timing belt kit and water pump if you already did so ! ?

snave

also after the speedometer question, how will the rpm dials works ? as in some video on youtube I've seen some without a working rpm ! ? :wub:

ex :

Miles

Speedo is just a normal 205 item so nice and basic and the Rev counter is driven via the mod again listed on this site somewhere under a GTi6 conversion or Motronic,

No wires or anything for me :wub:

The later engine is easy to install, You just need a few custom parts

welshpug

How much was the bumper Dye Miles? (and for what size container?) a friend has a Wurth account ;)

Miles

Pass, it was a while ago, But it only comes in Tubes of one size, Thou I know allot of items have become NLA due to the O Zone

miamichris
How much was the bumper Dye Miles? (and for what size container?) a friend has a Wurth account :D

Seen it on ebay there for.....38 quid!! :)

Miles

Well she finally run's, abit with no exhaust is rather loud.

Just a few more things to do and she'll be off to her new home

post-43-1277943916_thumb.jpg

DrSarty

You ran a V6 with no exhaust manifold at 1.27am! :)

;)

welshpug

They're quieter and sooo much smoother than a 4 pot :)

Miles

LOL, Just when I got back in from work, She was running late afternoon when I remembered to bring my Laptop in

danpug

Do you think the earlier engines would respond well to being put on aftermarket management?

Anthony

Saw this at Pugfest at the weekend. Looks like a really tidy conversion and fits the 309 engine bay so much better than 205 V6 conversions that I've seen - those extra inches make all the difference apparently.

Ground clearance is surprisingly poor given how high the rest of the car is sat though (standard springs), and I'd imagine that the sump and front downpipe will have a fair few scrapes from speedhumps and the like after a few months! Doesn't look to be a great deal that you can do about it though, atleast that I could obviously see.

Wiggs

I should have logged onto this forum and caught up a bit with projects before heading to Pugfest! Shame I somehow missed this, interesting project Miles. :wacko:

There was a bunch of 309's together not too far away from the 205gtidrivers stand, probably the most I've seen together for a long time.

Miles

It's going off for mapping soon so I will have a good idea of what gain's can be had.

Just collected her from having the exhaust made up, Nice system and sounds spot on even thou the maps wrong, Just like the OE one so no silly tailpipe sticking out the back.

Miles

All finished and ready for mapping which should be in a week or so's time, Be good to see how much power we get

post-43-1284668817_thumb.jpg

JRL

The 309 goodwood really suits a big engine! I bet this would cruise nicely along an autobahn.

danpug

Any news on the mapping?

Miles

Not yet, Should be this or next weekend, My mapper does it outside of business hours for Mates rates

Richy_cti

id be very interested in the mapping and power output my day to day car is a 406 coupe with the same lump in it, ther 197 standard, how did you get around the lamda sensor on it, i was thinking about de-cating mine but i have heared there a pig to do because of the ecu throwing up faults.

some one said about a twin turbo on one well there is a 550 bhp steath systems supercharger kit nice way to spend 10k

DP engineering over in irland do a single turbo kit quoting 265 bhp and 400ft pounds of toque

Miles

No need to get around the Lambda, the Emerald connect's to it fine and the car's non cat so no issue's either, but the D8 can be De-cated without any problems at all, Just one cat after any sensors but I doubt you'll gain anything from removing it.

Most are around the 210bhp mark anyway too.